Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 2 thread

Who is getting promoted in this league gents?

Quote Originally Posted by garrison View Post
    With respect . id like to address this completely wrong accusation . I am the uni ZL 2 coach and what im reading is totally wrong .
    Firstly iv have never over my 12 years with unifc ever "stacked a side" you will never get a more honest person than myself. Or in that fact the club. I for one would never , and never have excluded res players who have played a lot of games in that grade .I feel this is insulting to myself and the club. The side that took the field against olympic on sunday was a complete res grade side.. And yes we still had a few missing . The full squad has never been able to get on the park , often having between 7 -15 players out constantly out all season. The starting 11 between them may have had 2 players filling in first grade for about 3 games all season , and can be backed up on our clubs game documents. During the season We were never able to get a full complete first grade side as well.
    Yesterdays semi , is a product of finally having our side together , if we could have obtained this all year you would be addressing the premiers . We also are now playing the way we should with our strongest res players available . Olympic are a good side and deserve to get the premiership on this years results , i congratulate them . I will praise any deserving winners , but i will also defend something that is totally false and wrong and slander to the club. This can be backed with records . those players totally deserve their win and place in the final. Olympic had their chances , missing 2 pens over 2 games as well . We wanted it more than them on the day.
    So before misleading statements are made without facts and back up I ask you to think twice about posting false statements or just opinions .
    Fair call mate, if that's the case its good to hear. Well done on making the GF, you were the better team in the semis and if you show up that way against Wallsend again you will be odds on to take out the win there too I would think.

Westlakes took out 1st grade minor premiership, so I believe we will be offered promotion and plan to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Fair call mate, if that's the case its good to hear. Well done on making the GF, you were the better team in the semis and if you show up that way against Wallsend again you will be odds on to take out the win there too I would think.

Westlakes took out 1st grade minor premiership, so I believe we will be offered promotion and plan to accept it.
    Thanks , congrats to west lakes as well , a very strong side.
    I just needed to make sure everyone had the real story. thanks for listening.

garrison - cheers for the writeup. it's refreshing to hear.

Now knowing what LRO has told us with the 66% thing - it seems to me clear that Uni haven't stacked their reserves and things have gone down like you said.

It's a shame for Uni as a club that you couldn't have that side run out every week this year because if the top 3 clubs in first grade have shown anything it's that a healthy reserve grade makes a healthy first grade - as seen by 3/4 of the first grade semi finalists having their respective reserve grades in the finals too. If Uni were able to field all those players who have now thrown a huge statement out to the other reserve grade teams by beating a side that was barely beaten all year, imagine how much stronger the club as a whole would have been. I guess that's positive signs for your future though.

Solely out of curiosity - does anyone know the points system for Club Championship? Would be interested to see how much of a difference there is between Club Championship and the 1st grade ladder, if anyone has that info.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Solely out of curiosity - does anyone know the points system for Club Championship? Would be interested to see how much of a difference there is between Club Championship and the 1st grade ladder, if anyone has that info.
    Club Championship Points
    Hamilton 166
    Hunter Simba 124
    Maryland Fletcher 96
    Medowie 16
    Merewether 86
    Musswellbrook 122
    NL 76
    Uni 70
    Wallsend 150
    Westlakes 174

1st Grade Win = 8 Points
    1st Grade Draw = 4 points
    Reserve Grade Win = 4 Points
    Reserve Grade Draw = 2 Points
    Last edited by WFC_ZL; 06-09-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Added Points System Explanation

garrison - cheers for the writeup. it's refreshing to hear.

Now knowing what LRO has told us with the 66% thing - it seems to me clear that Uni haven't stacked their reserves and things have gone down like you said.

It's a shame for Uni as a club that you couldn't have that side run out every week this year because if the top 3 clubs in first grade have shown anything it's that a healthy reserve grade makes a healthy first grade - as seen by 3/4 of the first grade semi finalists having their respective reserve grades in the finals too. If Uni were able to field all those players who have now thrown a huge statement out to the other reserve grade teams by beating a side that was barely beaten all year, imagine how much stronger the club as a whole would have been. I guess that's positive signs for your future though.

Yes tell me about it a very frustrating season with players unavailable , working or away , we expect this every year with unifc , but this is the worst iv encountered, I have never had what i consider would have been our strongest first grade on the park. Not once . but as they say thats football and pretty proud of our squad in difficult times , thats what its all about .

Quote Originally Posted by WFC_ZL View Post
    Club Championship Points
    Hamilton 166
    Hunter Simba 124
    Maryland Fletcher 96
    Medowie 16
    Merewether 86
    Musswellbrook 122
    NL 76
    Uni 70
    Wallsend 150
    Westlakes 174

1st Grade Win = 8 Points
    1st Grade Draw = 4 points
    Reserve Grade Win = 4 Points
    Reserve Grade Draw = 2 Points
    Thanks for the breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by WFC_ZL View Post
    Club Championship Points
    Cheers for that. So comparing Club Championship next to first grade ladder, not too disimilar (as expected):

Westlakes 174 ......... Westlakes 43
    Hamilton 166 ........... Wallsend 39
    Wallsend 150 ........... Hamilton 38
    Simba 124 .............. Mussy 32
    Mussy 122 .............. Simba 30
    Maryland 96 ............ Wethers 27
    Wethers 86 ............. Maryland 23
    NL 76 .................... NL 14
    Uni 70 ................... Uni 9
    Medowie 16 ............ Medowie 2
    OK

With there only being two grades and first grade being weighted twice as heavy as reserves its to be expected. Having said that, as you mentioned the top three first grade clubs also performed strongly in reserves.

In ZL1 and ZPL you may see more variation in the order where a mid table club with great depth could make a strong challenge on the club championship.

With respect . id like to address this completely wrong accusation . I am the uni ZL 2 coach and what im reading is totally wrong .
    Firstly iv have never over my 12 years with unifc ever "stacked a side" you will never get a more honest person than myself. Or in that fact the club. I for one would never , and never have excluded res players who have played a lot of games in that grade .I feel this is insulting to myself and the club. The side that took the field against olympic on sunday was a complete res grade side.. And yes we still had a few missing . The full squad has never been able to get on the park , often having between 7 -15 players out constantly out all season. The starting 11 between them may have had 2 players filling in first grade for about 3 games all season , and can be backed up on our clubs game documents. During the season We were never able to get a full complete first grade side as well.
    Yesterdays semi , is a product of finally having our side together , if we could have obtained this all year you would be addressing the premiers . We also are now playing the way we should with our strongest res players available . Olympic are a good side and deserve to get the premiership on this years results , i congratulate them . I will praise any deserving winners , but i will also defend something that is totally false and wrong and slander to the club. This can be backed with records . those players totally deserve their win and place in the final. Olympic had their chances , missing 2 pens over 2 games as well . We wanted it more than them on the day.
    So before misleading statements are made without facts and back up I ask you to think twice about posting false statements or just opinions .
    If you have followed the eligibility rules then you are doing precisely what you are allowed to do. You must understand that people will be skeptical about you out of the blue having a full squad just in time for the second leg of the semi final. We can only go off what we see since we don't have your club documents and fact is all we can see is first grade players being utilised (if you don't like the word stacked) in ressies. We can only take your word that ressies players aren't missing out due to first grade players being selected in order to win the grand final and I sincerely hope that this is the case.
    Nevertheless you got this far so good luck in the grand final I look forward to watching it.

I'm calling bullshit on this statement because I played use in the first leg of the semis and I spoke to one of your player and he told me that use stacked your side against plattsy and from that game on wards use had 1st graders playing. I also noticed 2 or 3 1st graders playing in the first leg and all of your bench were 1st grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Suarez View Post
    I'm calling bullshit on this statement because I played use in the first leg of the semis and I spoke to one of your player and he told me that use stacked your side against plattsy and from that game on wards use had 1st graders playing. I also noticed 2 or 3 1st graders playing in the first leg and all of your bench were 1st grade.
    Thats not exactly right the plattsy game not one first grader took the field , i myself was on the bench as well , at 59 i wouldnt if i had players available. it was about the same side as sundays game. . And first leg.
    First leg semi again short of players from res grade and had besides myself available two first bench if required .
    The so called stacked against plattsy is rubbish as every player were players who played in res grade all year .
    So i dont see why we have to defend something that is not . Every res grade player on the park deserves their place and done the hard work all year in res grade.
    Thanks

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    games are on at Lilsle Carr Oval, Whitebridge on Saturday 10 Sept for those interested in attending

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_in...22-0&a=FIXTURE
    Last edited by boz-monaut; 06-09-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    games are on at Macquarie Field, Speers Point on Saturday 10 Sept for those interested in attending

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_in...22-0&a=FIXTURE
    Boz - you've mixed zl2 and 1 up. Zl2 at Lisle Carr on Sat. ZL1 at Macquarie
    OK

Thats not exactly right the plattsy game not one first grader took the field , i myself was on the bench as well , at 59 i wouldnt if i had players available. it was about the same side as sundays game. . And first leg.
    First leg semi again short of players from res grade and had besides myself available two first bench if required .
    The so called stacked against plattsy is rubbish as every player were players who played in res grade all year .
    So i dont see why we have to defend something that is not . Every res grade player on the park deserves their place and done the hard work all year in res grade.
    Thanks
    Regardless of what we all thought or think from the outside, I find my knew found knowledge about the 66% to be pretty conclusive that regardless of who plays when, the teams you verse in the semis are pretty close to the teams you verse during the season.

Fwiw I only remember 3 players from Uni first grade. The big nice striker, the Peruvian (?) Midfielder and the canadian/american keeper. And I only saw one of those 3 out there on sunday
    OK

Regardless of what we all thought or think from the outside, I find my knew found knowledge about the 66% to be pretty conclusive that regardless of who plays when, the teams you verse in the semis are pretty close to the teams you verse during the season.

Fwiw I only remember 3 players from Uni first grade. The big nice striker, the Peruvian (?) Midfielder and the canadian/american keeper. And I only saw one of those 3 out there on sunday
    The 66% is pretty lenient to be honest. I was eligible for the semis for reserve grade (and played second leg since they were short from injuries) despite playing first grade pretty much the whole season. Miss a month or so from injury, come off the bench a couple times, miss a couple games from work and you wouldn't have started the 12+ games in first grade required to make you ineligible for the lower grade.

As I mentioned, any other clubs that weren't running with a pretty stable firsts lineup (whether this is due to performance, availability, squad competitiveness or other reasons) could easily have a large number of "first graders" be eligible for reserves come finals.

I think its not the worst system, much better than that last 5 or 6 games thing you mentioned a bit ago.

Tips for tomorrow's GF winners?

Res - Wallsend to beat Uni in regular time

First - Westlakes to beat Hamilton in pens

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Tips for tomorrow's GF winners?

Res - Wallsend to beat Uni in regular time

First - Westlakes to beat Hamilton in pens
    Well shit we should have practiced pens last night 😰

Wallsend and Cats both in normal time.

Uni 3-2
    Cats 4-3

If Uni play there reserve grade squad I would say Wallsend 4 nill but if they play their 1st grade squad then Uni will win 5.2