Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 2 thread

Simba v Uni
    Res 4-2
    1sts 7-5
    The usual high scoring affair with simba and Uni. Res Uni got to a 2-0 lead but lacked the class to finish it off.
    Firsts was a goal fest with some interesting refereeing by a club ref from simba (in both grades).
    Simba looked to be missing a few of their class players and Uni had 15 squad members out on the day which didn't help.

Wallsend v Mussy

Ressies: 2-4
    1st grade: 7-4

What a high scoring weekend for the division!

New lambton vs merewether

Res: 5-0 I think.
    1sts: 2-5. Quite a few injuries in the game.

Mussy vs Westlakes
    Ressies 2-2
    Firsts 1-3
    Field was a mess due to the rain but good to play all the same. Terrible reffing against both teams killed the flow of the first grade game.

Medowie v Wallsend

Ressies: 1-7
    1st Grade: 1-11

Uni v Olympic
    Res 2-10
    1st 1-8

Quote Originally Posted by WFC_ZL View Post
    Medowie v Wallsend
    Ressies: 1-7
    1st Grade: 1-11
    I heard even the wildcat.. Who plays for Wallsend.. Got on the scoresheet in firsts. Must've been one of the luckier goals 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    I heard even the wildcat.. Who plays for Wallsend.. Got on the scoresheet in firsts. Must've been one of the luckier goals 😉
    I have no affiliation with any club. I just watch games

I stumbled by to watch New Lambton and Merewether from the comfort of the bowling greens after my Summer of watching the Foxes dance with the hearts of all football fans around the world. Unfortunately for another team in blue, (what the hell is the Orange strip??), New Lambton in ZL2 look weaker than they did last year in ZL3 and their Gaffer was showing the frustration as they let an ok side overrun them 5-2. To their credit, Merewether controlled the midfield better for most of the game and they spent less time screaming at the ref as the baby Eagles finished with 10. An insider Eagle tells me that with their best 11 New Lambton look good, but they are missing a bunch of 1st graders currently so depth is the test. Maybe so, maybe not, but it does go to show that if you go up, you need to show up!!!!!. Wallsend will probably show them that when they meet next round as my Wallsend RSL spies tell me that they are a mix of last years NEWFM outcasts and ZL3 champs. Yes, I enjoy licensed clubs. As for Merewether, finals on the horizon or too early?

Outcasts might not be the right word King as we chose to come back a few divisions to play with our mates. But keep up the good banter,any predictions for the weekend mate?

The orange strip?

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    I stumbled by to watch New Lambton and Merewether from the comfort of the bowling greens after my Summer of watching the Foxes dance with the hearts of all football fans around the world. Unfortunately for another team in blue, (what the hell is the Orange strip??), New Lambton in ZL2 look weaker than they did last year in ZL3 and their Gaffer was showing the frustration as they let an ok side overrun them 5-2. To their credit, Merewether controlled the midfield better for most of the game and they spent less time screaming at the ref as the baby Eagles finished with 10. An insider Eagle tells me that with their best 11 New Lambton look good, but they are missing a bunch of 1st graders currently so depth is the test. Maybe so, maybe not, but it does go to show that if you go up, you need to show up!!!!!. Wallsend will probably show them that when they meet next round as my Wallsend RSL spies tell me that they are a mix of last years NEWFM outcasts and ZL3 champs. Yes, I enjoy licensed clubs. As for Merewether, finals on the horizon or too early?
    The Orange strip? Most may or not know but New Lambton won the State Cup back in the mid '70's - wearing Orange and Black. As part of the club's upcoming 100 year anniversary, the alternate strip is a 'tip of the hat' to our predecessors as we try and rebuild the club's success into the future.

I have heard the usual home strip is away getting the sponsor printed on them...

Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    I have heard the usual home strip is away getting the sponsor printed on them...
    Orange and Black correct. The Blue shorts confused me. 74 1st Div with Foley and company. They were some team. They have had some guns over the years play for New Lambton. Every NPL club has a connection somewhere. This merger of The ZPL Eagles with the juniors looks promising if all the expansion stories in the bowling club are true. Good committee there, good coaches, quality kids. No predictions from me as my schooner sponsored footballers arthritis restricts me to Alder Park and I dont get to see many other games. ZPL v Dudley should be a good game Sat. Bounty travels to the ZL2 boys as they head to Wallsend. It may not be Crystal Palace anymore but always a pleasure to see New Lambton visit Wallsend in any grade.

Hamilton
    Westlakes
    Wallsend
    Merewether
    Musswellbrook

Olympic 3 - Simba 2

Simba probably could have won the game or at least come away with a point. Two red cards again to Simba for absolute brain snaps. Honestly both players behaved like idiots when they were shown red and had to be dragged away from the field by their teammates. Not a good look.

Well done to Olympic they recovered well from a slow first half to get the three points and are now 5 from 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Olympic 3 - Simba 2

Simba probably could have won the game or at least come away with a point. Two red cards again to Simba for absolute brain snaps. Honestly both players behaved like idiots when they were shown red and had to be dragged away from the field by their teammates. Not a good look.

Well done to Olympic they recovered well from a slow first half to get the three points and are now 5 from 5.
    Simba still up to their old tricks then. Will they ever learn?

Westlakes vs Medowie
    Res 4-0
    1sts 7-1

Good day for the cats, should have won by a lot more in both grades but missed so many chances.
    Last edited by ICEBERG10; 07-05-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Olympic 3 - Simba 2

Wow close match. Ressies scoreline??

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG10 View Post
    Wow close match. Ressies scoreline??
    Reggies was 6-2 to Olympic

Merewether vs Uni
    Reds 0-6
    1sts 4-4. Merewether equalising with 2 mins left.