Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 2 thread

It's next week, but thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Thanks Massive Cock. No whinging here. We've had a blast this year, great competition played in great spirit. ZL3 is where we all start until we are good enough for promotion. Some teams take it too early and they fade out altogether. We will continue to build, improve and when ready we will advance to L2.
    Good luck with that, sincerely.

As for NLFC, we aren't interested in continuing discussions from the past, in general and in that specific incident. Id hope you can eventually let go too.

For us, our focus is to continue to create a football pathway for our junior players and have a good time doing it. Personally I am loving being involved with our emerging juniors coaching, and ticking up the fundraising work. Football is about so much more than the 90 on the pitch.

Enjoy 2017 and I hope there is better luck for both clubs.

Id ask you to continue any conversation with me privately if you want to keep going, but probably take it away from the ZL2 page. Theres a bunch of sides here that have worked very hard to be in and about it during finals time, and don't need stuff they dont care about clogging up proceedings.

Good win to Mussy today over us in first grade, its the first time in two seasons of senior football that we have been so depleted and I admire those sides that have a few back up every week. Takes guts.

Keen to get out and watch some good quality football in a few weeks time. Hope Dougy isn't reffing in them...

Hey mate, all good. Have personally put a truck load of time into us (as have a few others) making the step to ZL3 and may take it a bit personally when the league is knocked. I for one have genuine admiration for what Lambton has done and expect you guys to be a power house in coming years. I hope we can reach a stage where we can develop a junior base as you guys have and progress to not just L2 but L1 and beyond with local juniors. That is my goal. As for the other thing, its the last anyone will here of it.

I think one thing that clubs in league 2 and 3 will agree on is the gap in divisions. I think this is across all 6 divisions in newcastle.

Wallsend were the automatic promotion from last year into league 2 and it hasnt suprised me to see them be successful. Although they appear to cop some flack?
    New lambton applied for promotion after kurri folded. They have appeared to be competitive without threatening the top 4. I think they would have thought they would have been more successful. But league 2 is tough.

Argenton will be up next year, interesting to see how they fare. Long term, kahibah are the best placed for higher grades in seasons to come. Especially given their connection to new fm arm.

Is it time the finals series consists of more teams?? Promotion is the main goal, but more teams will create more interest for more clubs at the back end of the year and possibly help prevent some clubs stacking lower grades.

We played New Lambton yesterday and I found them to be a fairly level headed team in First Grade. We had a Ref that was flashing yellow's like he was getting paid per card. A lot of the cards that NL copped were a bit rediculous. It was a good hit out and everyone shook hands afterwards and left the bullshit on the field. It's a damn sight classier than a couple of other clubs in the League.

I have no idea what happened in ZL3 last year, nor do I care. This is a ZL2 page, so there is no reason to bring last years bollocks up on this page. It's pointless. Everyone involved in these lower division clubs work hard to make them work so people can just play football and enjoy it. Sure, everyone has rivalries but it doesn't need to get personal and petty. At the end of the day we are all ameuteurs who just love the game.

Wallsend v Medowie today, Round 13 catch up.
    1st 14-0
    Res 8-1

Big shout out to Medowie's ressies team who all backed up to play first grade as all except 1 of their first graders pulled out this morning. Thanks for playing guys, hope you can turn it around next season.

Huge weekend with a couple of possible scenarios for the Minor Premiership.

1. Westlakes beat Weathers and finish first.
    2. Wallsend beat Simba and Westlakes lose or draw and Wallsend finish top.
    3. Both Wallsend and Westlakes draw and Wallsend get 1st on goal difference.
    4. Both lose and Westlakes get promoted.

How does everyone think it'll go down?

[QUOTE=Albert;160486]Huge weekend with a couple of possible scenarios for the Minor Premiership.

If they both draw wouldn't west lakes hold onto first since there on 40 point and Wallsend are on 39

[QUOTE=Guiltykeep;160492]
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post

If they both draw wouldn't west lakes hold onto first since there on 40 point and Wallsend are on 39
    Yeah you're right. Regardless I think Westlakes and Merewether will draw as the Weathers will be pushing hard for a top 4 finish.

We are going for option 1 but Merewether will be going hard no doubt and we won't be taking them lightly. They pushed Wallsend and should have won during their catchup match so we know they can be dangerous.

The big thing to take into consideration is Wethers can get any result this weekend and it won't matter if Mussy beat Uni.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post

1. Westlakes beat Weathers and finish first.
    2. Wallsend beat Simba and Westlakes lose or draw and Wallsend finish top.
    4. Both lose and Westlakes get promoted.

How does everyone think it'll go down?
    Merewether to do a job against Westlakes, Boresend to live up to their name to get the draw and Olympic to get the win. All three top teams will finish on 40 points with Wallsend edging on GD.

Mussy will probably beat Uni. I hope to god Uni scrap a draw, as Wethers are the better team by far and will actually compete with first place.

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    Merewether to do a job against Westlakes, Boresend to live up to their name to get the draw and Olympic to get the win. All three top teams will finish on 40 points with Wallsend edging on GD.

Mussy will probably beat Uni. I hope to god Uni scrap a draw, as Wethers are the better team by far and will actually compete with first place.
    Hahaha,"Weathers are the better team by far" Based on what exactly? The scrappy win at the start of the season or when we schooled them 4-1 them in front of all of their Old Boys? What a silly comment.
    Enjoy your last game of the season this weekend, Weathers.
    Last edited by The Colonel; 16-08-2016 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Grammer

Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    Hahaha,"Weathers are the better team by far" Based on what exactly? The scrappy win at the start of the season or when we schooled them 4-1 them in front of all of their Old Boys? What a silly comment.
    Based solely on my opinion of having played against both teams twice. It's obvious that Merewether has some depth issues, but I would expect those to disappear at finals time and for their boys to turn it on.

The reality is that the top two title contenders have all but walked over Mussy both times they have played them. Merewether have pushed - or beat- both teams. I believe they are the better side and will compete with Westlakes/Wallsend better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    Hit a nerve did he Colonel??
    TBH both wethers and mussy both deserve to be in the final, both offer some quality so it'll be good to see who gets the final spot after this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    It's obvious that Merewether has some depth issues, but I would expect those to disappear at finals time and for their boys to turn it on.
    It's almost always the exact same scenario for Mussy - some weeks they'll have one team play both grades and others they'll have a full squad. But you can almost always guarentee the squad will make the efforts needed to be available for the finals. After all these years of ID2s I think most of us can agree that you can never write off a full strength Mussy side.

All this talk of Wethers has a very real chance of being pointless though, as long as Mussy can put it together at Uni's gigantic field.

What I think all the top 4 can agree is thank whoever that Simba missed out on the top 4 - they are absolutely amazing on their day.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    It's almost always the exact same scenario for Mussy - some weeks they'll have one team play both grades and others they'll have a full squad. But you can almost always guarentee the squad will make the efforts needed to be available for the finals. After all these years of ID2s I think most of us can agree that you can never write off a full strength Mussy side.

All this talk of Wethers has a very real chance of being pointless though, as long as Mussy can put it together at Uni's gigantic field.

What I think all the top 4 can agree is thank whoever that Simba missed out on the top 4 - they are absolutely amazing on their day.
    Yeah honestly I think Merewether's season ran into big trouble with the loss against Wallsend (thought they were the better team that night but some soft goals/mistakes let them down), would be very surprised to see them in the 4.
    I couldn't pick between them and Mussy I reckon, Merewether have had some bigger scalps but the table never lies.

Definitely agree with Simba, I've said since round 2 when we played them that they were dangerous and still reckon if they had snuck in to the 4 then they would be a chance of taking the GF.

Bring on the weekend and the finals!
    Last edited by Macca; 17-08-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

I just want to see Westlakes playing Grand Final Day up at Lisle Carr

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    I just want to see Westlakes winning Grand Final Day up at Lisle Carr

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG10 View Post
    Hit a nerve did he Colonel??
    TBH both wethers and mussy both deserve to be in the final, both offer some quality so it'll be good to see who gets the final spot after this weekend.
    Yes. I really wanna win that sheep station and won't let Merewether stand between me and it.