Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 2016 Zone League 2 thread

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Would not have any effect on refs I believe, as refs for the AA game would come from a different association to the refs for the ZL games
    Things usually can be organised between the refs.. (for situations like this) well they used too. 4-5 years ago. (Although the junior/aa ref associations put priority on there allocations)
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Things usually can be organised between the refs.. (for situations like this) well they used too. 4-5 years ago. (Although the junior/aa ref associations put priority on there allocations)
    It'd be a shame if a great idea like this AA/ZL one wasn't treated with some common sense by the ref associations. Surely there would be a level of flexibility if it went ahead.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    It'd be a shame if a great idea like this AA/ZL one wasn't treated with some common sense by the ref associations. Surely there would be a level of flexibility if it went ahead.
    I remember in hunter association... doing an all age game and then as an assistant for 2 games after that not sure what league... (was IDs back then i think)

was psuhed to do that for development purposes etc...

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Would not have any effect on refs I believe, as refs for the AA game would come from a different association to the refs for the ZL games
    You are correct that the refs come from different pools. The issue with refs would be that if you have a single AA game on at a ground, you may not get refs as venues with multiple games seem to get preference so refs get more matches/pay.

If your clubs fixtures officer gets to check the draw and proposes the changes at appropriate time prior to draw being locked in you would have a good chance of putting your AA games before reserve grade starts. For your home games anyway. Zone league supplies refs for your 2 grades, if given enough notice even though from different association I can t see why the zone league refs can't start one game earlier for the AA match, reducing strain on the junior league referees

Quote Originally Posted by NLFCZL View Post
    All our home ZL2 (and 90% of away) fixtures were Saturdays last year? Or are you meaning that there will be no room?

I guess its easier for us, normally theres nobody on at Alder Park before ZL2 as AA play over at Novocastrian 90% of the time.

I know personally we would have no issue scheduling it (and hopefully it would help refs for us as theyd have 3 games instead of 2!)

Cant comment on other clubs but i remember watching AA before us when we played at Kahibah in L3, Edgy in L3, Westlakes in L2 for sure (cant remember others). There was definitely nobody before us at Mussy, Olympic, Simba, Wallsend, Medowie, Maryland, and I know some of those clubs have a few AA sides that could fill that gap (if willing)

Just an idea anyway, if any other ZL2 outfits wanted to up their training attendance and revenue by attaching a ZL2AA side to their squad. We will be doing it.
    Should just see if you could start up zl2 third grade. Find out what teams will enter from zl2 and any team that cant field a third grade substitute the third grade spot to any club wishing to fill third grade draw. That being zpl, zl1 or zl3 clubs.

Maryland-Fletcher have announced Steve Piggott as their new coach. He'll work with Weston and them. Surely going to get a reaction from around the competition. Big signing for a ZL2 side.

Big call from Weston to allow Piggo to take on a 2nd gig.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    It would be interesting if weston played maryland in ffa cup

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Hard to imagine it will be a big focus for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    I can t see why the zone league refs can't start one game earlier for the AA match, reducing strain on the junior league referees
    Isn't there some animosity between the two ref associations at the higher levels? That would stop it from happening if they tell their refs they aren't allowed to ref those matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Isn't there some animosity between the two ref associations at the higher levels? That would stop it from happening if they tell their refs they aren't allowed to ref those matches.
    All branches struggle to cover all games as is, look at the number of games ZL2 and ZL3 sides had three referees for, let alone cover for the other branches.

You want more refs? Stop abusing them and driving them away from doing it. That's the only way to get more refs.

Or you know, you could do the course, join and help out, but that doesn't seem to be a popular option....
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    You want more refs? Stop abusing them and driving them away from doing it. That's the only way to get more refs.
    Thanks I'll get right on that, though I've never abused a ref before.

Or you know, you could do the course, join and help out, but that doesn't seem to be a popular option....
    No, too heavily involved in other volunteering duties to also be able to ref would mean I'd drop one of those other things. For which no one else really wants to do.

Cooks Hill United FC

Zone League 1

Cooks Hill United FC are seeking expressions of interest for 1st Grade Head coach for the 2017 Zone League season. Cooks Hill United has a proud history of success over the last decade in Zone league. Since Cooks Hills promotion to ZL1 in 2015 no team has failed to make the semi-finals, with first grade recording two top 2 finishes, reserve grade recording 2 Grand Final wins and third grade winning the minor premiership in 2016.
    Coaching qualifications and experience desired but not essential.

For more details contact Lee on 0412 776 542