Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 2 thread

Grounds been shagged for a while m8,too much traffic consistently on it,Mens,women's,0'35s,athletics, schools,council upgrading the amenities block in March but knowing Cessnock council they probably won't water the field let alone re-turf it.

Quote Originally Posted by 11 herbs&spices View Post
    Grounds been shagged for a while m8,too much traffic consistently on it,Mens,women's,0'35s,athletics, schools,council upgrading the amenities block in March but knowing Cessnock council they probably won't water the field let alone re-turf it.
    Oh I was referring to Bellbird. Sorry to hear about you folding hopefully you guys can recover in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Oh I was referring to Bellbird. Sorry to hear about you folding hopefully you guys can recover in the future.
    How can you say that about bellbird best ground ever loved the crowd the most

Quote Originally Posted by WFC_ZL View Post
    I would say if Tenambit dont stay up then it will probably be Dudley who are offered the spot as they came 2nd in the regular season then New Lambton.
    Raaf are keen as for it too

Merewether are after a trial (2 grades) for this Sunday as the club we were meant to play has pulled out. Also we were using their ground so obviously we will need a club with a ground. PM me please if any club interested

Putting the feelers out to see which teams still have spots available. Things arnt looking good where I am at the moment, and just looking to see what other options I have. I'm a GK and possibly have some on field players looking to come with. Cheers Cal

Quote Originally Posted by WFC_ZL View Post
    I would say if Tenambit dont stay up then it will probably be Dudley who are offered the spot as they came 2nd in the regular season then New Lambton.
    Interesting.
    Normal season
    Dudley 2nd
    New Lambton 3rd
    Raaf 4th

All good squads, new Lambton strong in reserves so strong depth. Dudley has the better top end players. Raaf has some quality too.

Raaf facilities poor. New lambton and dudley ok facilities. Probably favour New Lambton on depth , association with ZPL Squad and large junior base. But all 3 would be competitive.

Well all clubs recieved the email about Kurri Kurri dropping out and that alternative clubs had to apply to come up to ZL2.

So are Dudley, New Lambton or RAAF going to submit an expression of interest??

Merewether still have a few spots left if you're keen to come have a kick at training and have a chat with the coach. Training on Wednesdays at 6:30pm Empire park Bar Beach

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG10 View Post
    Well all clubs recieved the email about Kurri Kurri dropping out and that alternative clubs had to apply to come up to ZL2.

So are Dudley, New Lambton or RAAF going to submit an expression of interest??
    Dudley no. We simply do not have the depth NL have as a squad. A few top end injuries would see us struggle and in my opinion NL are the best outfit to take the promotion. They are now a "super" club with a wealth of juniors and should really be able to provide a quality development plan. I know RAAF have big aspirations also but I fear there rotating squad and potential deployments is a risk. Our plan is to gain our way to ZL2 within next 2 seasons as we continue to build our squad. The very unfortunate news from Kurri and Tenambit also played a part. It would be fantastic to go up, but if we are not ready do we risk capitulation?

I heard a whisper that quite a few players got dropped at Wallsend already? Good signup numbers I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I heard a whisper that quite a few players got dropped at Wallsend already? Good signup numbers I presume?
    We had more turn up for trials than expected. Alot different to last year thats for sure. Plus some returning players so the numbers are looking good.

Hows everyone else shaping up?

Super late notice and most likely clutching at straws here, but if any all age or Zone League teams are wanting to play a trial against Hamilton Azzurri ZL3 reserve grade tomorrow night (Friday 12th), we have an opening as the team we were playing has pulled out. Field is booked for 7.00pm kick off at Rathmines Oval.

If interested don't message me on here get in contact on 0432 097 729

Cheers

Trial on offer Sat April 2

Any ZL2 team interested in trail game on Sat 2 against ZL1 team we have feild booked on Saturday but can come to your place if you are keen just let us know interested and we can work out the details.

Are there Any ZL2 clubs interested in trials this sunday against Merewether? We have a ground booked! Two grades with kickoff times 2pm and 4pm.

If interested please PM me.
    Cheers
    Ryan

Westlakes v Toronto in John Beguin memorial shield.

Res vs U23's 3-0 westlakes
    1sts 4-1 westlakes

From my understanding Toronto were very understrengthed in both grades but still put up a massive challenge and credit to them they pushed us right to the end.

Was a great day for football which was played in hard fought but good spirits.

Any predictions for the upcoming season? This is a wild guess going off limited pre season info and last seasons standings and will probably be way off come end of season

Top 4 in no particular order will be out of
    Hamilton
    Simba
    Wallsend
    Westlakes

Id expect uni and New Lambton to be pushing for the 4 as well.

Maryland Fletcher, Merewether, Medowie and Mussy fighting it out for mid table.

Wallsend are looking strong, will be interesting to see how Simba fair if challenged in a physical match

Any predictions for this weekend people..... ? I'll go with:
    Olympic beat Mussy
    Simba beat New Lambton
    Mereweather draw Maryland Fletcher
    Uni beat Medowie
    Westlakes beat Wallsend

Hope everyone has a good start to the season.

Hamilton v Mussy
    Merewether v Maryland Fletcher Draw
    Uni v Medowie
    Simba v New Lambton
    Wallsend v Westlakes