Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by NWM View Post
    So only one game called off last week... MoTown V Suns..... I've heard from a person from the suns thats just a player NOT a committee member or anything, had business in the area of MoTown to coincide with the knowledge of the game being played... Was down there on Sunday and NO rain from 9:30am(when he arrived) and apparently the ground wasn't wet. Anyone from MoTown prepared to comment of show some pics? Personally speaking I've read these things on calling dubious games off... Why can't you upload photos etc to put everyone's minds at ease? Surely that can put every possible issue to bed. There's been circumstances in the past where "rain" has effected teams in the running for finals etc.
    Maybe the same people who called off the Cardiff V Dudley game ??????????

Uni v Swansea

3rds 3-0 uni
    Res 2-0 uni
    Firsts 4-3 uni

Master class display of refereeing in first grade by toadie "toad fish" rebecchi from neighbours. Absolute discrace. Go back to Ramsay st you muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by NWM View Post
    So only one game called off last week... MoTown V Suns..... I've heard from a person from the suns thats just a player NOT a committee member or anything, had business in the area of MoTown to coincide with the knowledge of the game being played... Was down there on Sunday and NO rain from 9:30am(when he arrived) and apparently the ground wasn't wet. Anyone from MoTown prepared to comment of show some pics? Personally speaking I've read these things on calling dubious games off... Why can't you upload photos etc to put everyone's minds at ease? Surely that can put every possible issue to bed. There's been circumstances in the past where "rain" has effected teams in the running for finals etc.
    WTF, game called off, that's it, take it as that, why do we have to look for conspiracy theories.
    dubious reasons come from persons like yourselves spreading shite like this, but this is only apparently so, wet or not.
    If you have been speaking to people, tell us who they are, its all hear say otherwise NWM.....
    how you view a ground being out is more than likely different to mine......and players will view grounds different to committee members.
    cheers,

NWM
    Games get called by 9 for Zpl so may have been a different situation then.

As for Cardiff well I was the person that called it off. Does anyone know that an all age game before Zpl changes the system as mentioned in earlier posts? Or the fact that I personally know the opposition coach?
    It's either this system or council call it themselves. Ask clubs from Newy or Central Coast what's better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    NWM
    Games get called by 9 for Zpl so may have been a different situation then.

As for Cardiff well I was the person that called it off. Does anyone know that an all age game before Zpl changes the system as mentioned in earlier posts? Or the fact that I personally know the opposition coach?
    It's either this system or council call it themselves. Ask clubs from Newy or Central Coast what's better.
    Exactly, and if the field looks dubious at 9am, you aren't going to take a punt on it clearing up. You make the best call you can at the time.

I've called plenty off at our ground that I know our ZPL would want to play. I assume most squads are like ours, they just want to play football. But when a club has a duty to care for the facility, as we do in Lakw Mac, you respect it.

These conspiracy theories reflect more on the people raising them than they do on the clubs allegedly calling games out.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    But when a club has a duty to care for the facility, as we do in Lakw Mac, you respect it.
    Garden suburbs (name and shame) really respected that "duty of care" 2 weeks ago when a Swansea player went down in the box (mud pit/sand pit) snapped ACL, his season over....
    Terrible call to play on such a boggy field.
    I would be taking legal action poor bloke

Quote Originally Posted by The dev View Post
    Garden suburbs (name and shame) really respected that "duty of care" 2 weeks ago when a Swansea player went down in the box (mud pit/sand pit) snapped ACL, his season over....
    There is a certain section of our ground, that our ground staff has been working hard to fix. I'm truly sorry if any injury has been sustained at our ground, however none of our ground threw this season so far has been unplayable.
    We at Garden Suburb haven't been as blessed to receive will over $500,000 from Lake Maquarie Council to upgrade our ground and facilities in the last 5 years. Sorry...

Before you start throwing mud around and suggesting Legal action you better be very careful about your own backyard first. I'll offer you a small bit of advice, People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    Lets leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

You don't want to see anyone get hurt anytime, whether through a tackle or playing surface.

Unfortunately, that section of field is going to be as it is in the wet or dry. We have had issues through the off season, after some repairs were done during summer to level the ground, with people (players from other clubs) cutting chains to install the goals and have a kick around. That area had been destroyed before the season even got started. It got worse at Easter when it effectively got trashed.

How do we know they are players from other clubs? Members of our club have had some pretty heated arguments trying to get people to relocate, and kit being worn on a number of occasions were of other clubs (NPL and ZPL).

There was long debate about delaying the use of that ground, but if you have ever played on the top ground (ignoring that it is too short and narrow) the surface is diabolical and barely up to training, let alone playing. Most of the damage was done to the ground over Easter which essentially destroyed ground maintenance that had been done over summer. By then it was too late to get grass to grow in the sand pit. Our ZPL was renting other clubs facilities for trials to give that area a chance to be playable.

The field that day was not wet,far from it. If anything we are very conservative about using the ground in the wet. The only time it gets used wet is when the rain comes after cancellation time. And yes, the area in the box at the bush end is less than ideal. No one at the club will pretend it is, but unfortunately due to what really amounts to vandalism it's what our club has to work with this season.

In terms of playing on it though, it is no worse than the ground I played on today with a raised turf cricket pitch in the middle. I also know it's not that clubs fault, they just do the best with the pitch they have to work with.
    Last edited by sammydog; 08-05-2016 at 04:40 AM.

Numerous people did their ACL at lake macquaries state of the art facility.
    I've seen people do their ACL at olympic, magic etc etc.
    Maybe, just maybe, it's something that happens playing sport.
    But who knows, they never tear ACLs at any other ground....

New Lambton V Dudley:
    1st: 2-1 New Lambton
    Reserves: 5-0 Dudley
    3rds: 2-1 Dudley

Morisset vs Mayfield
    1st = 0-4
    Res = 1-1
    3rd = 1-1

Geez thought Mo-Town would be better than that!

Keeper sent off start second half and boys lost their way in the reshuffle

Suns v Cardiff
    3rds 0-2
    Res 0-2 I think
    1sts 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Suns v Cardiff
    3rds 0-2
    Res 0-2 I think
    1sts 1-1
    3rds was 0-0

Are you for real legal action FFS !!!!!!!!!!! People me included have been on about dubious games being called off which is part of football and always will be and you have the hide to come on here with this rubbish , We played there first round and admittedly not the best playing surface but certainly playable . The Garden Suburb people have responded on here some issues beyond there control however a couple of things for you and your duty of care and legal action 1 - on that weekend if you count juniors over 200 players took the field on that ground and one player unfortunately does his ACL , 2- also your club at anytime could have refused to play not just them so duty of care ???? , 3 - The player was not forced to play by anyone I assume but again your own clubs duty of care , 4 - people are volunteers who give up there time to clubs so if we start threating legal action we would certainly lose numerous people at all clubs , 5 - The referees on the day obviously deemed the ground playable on the day as well , PULL YOUR HEAD IN

Good to see a simple post with a direct source has kicked up a hornets nest... I was asking a question to Motown as we've all been in that position before. I was really just following on from a conversation about calling games off. Maybe a photo service can put that to rest? I'm not spouting garbage or insinuating foul play. Was asking if there was any ambiguity after what I heard directly from a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Potters View Post
    Keeper sent off start second half and boys lost their way in the reshuffle
    All be it mayfield were playing the better football on the day so having the keeper sent yes did cause a reshuffle but I think they still would have got the result

Wet or dry pitch players will get injured so it dosn't make a difference I've seen players do their ACL ion a dry pitch with no blemish so it so playing the blame game is a bit unfair for all concerned ffsyou can do your ACL just running so how about we just pull our heads in and get on with it .

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Suns v Cardiff
    3rds 0-2
    Res 0-2 I think
    1sts 1-1
    Why no scoreboard at Suns?