Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone Premier League thread

Maybe if the refs were any good and had some consistency people wouldn't need to berate them

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Maybe if the refs were any good and had some consistency people wouldn't need to berate them
    How long have you played at this level? You know I'm no saint when it comes to this.
    However they are people and they make mistakes like all of us, they give up there time so we can play Football. Yes they are paid for it but not a lot of people are jumping at the chance to be referees, be thankful they are there.

We know what to expect everyweek and they do there best, that's good enough for me. Of course their is going to be words said in the heat of the moment with disagreement on decisions. So long as it's not personal or constant, unfortunately it gets to levels where it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    I don't buy into that.

You are talking about amateur level refs in charge of amateur level football.

It's natural to be agrieved by a decision going against you, but that doesn't mean the ref is wrong and no ref is going to get it right 100% of the time.

Abusing officials just thins out their numbers which ultimately leads to lower quality. Abusing the shit out of them is hardly going to get someone to take on your point of view, if anything it just ensures any tight calls go the other way.

Its much easier to lose respect than it is to gain it. I know from my years that people spend years trying to cultivate a decent relationship with referees, only for some toolbag with a brain the size of a pea to ruin it.

I'm all for points deductions for repeat offenders, if the referee makes a few reports send out some officials to sit outside the ground and make decisions. At the end of the day no matter what the result or decision or day of the week it is. The ref is in charge! Surely a conversation with a ref you don't like has more of a chance of changing his mind than 80-90 minutes of verbal abuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    How long have you played at this level? You know I'm no saint when it comes to this.
    However they are people and they make mistakes like all of us, they give up there time so we can play Football. Yes they are paid for it but not a lot of people are jumping at the chance to be referees, be thankful they are there.

We know what to expect everyweek and they do there best, that's good enough for me. Of course their is going to be words said in the heat of the moment with disagreement on decisions. So long as it's not personal or constant, unfortunately it gets to levels where it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I don't buy into that.

You are talking about amateur level refs in charge of amateur level football.

It's natural to be agrieved by a decision going against you, but that doesn't mean the ref is wrong and no ref is going to get it right 100% of the time.

Abusing officials just thins out their numbers which ultimately leads to lower quality. Abusing the shit out of them is hardly going to get someone to take on your point of view, if anything it just ensures any tight calls go the other way.
    Settle down and have a beer lads. Its Friday. I was clearly joking, perhaps I need to add more emoji's to get that across..

Cardiff v Uni
    3rd 2-6
    res 1-2
    1st 3-1
    another win for the tiggers

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Cardiff v Uni
    3rd 2-6
    res 1-2
    1st 3-1
    another win for the tiggers
    0-0 ht. big 2nd half

Duds V mayfield
    1st 3-4
    Res 2-0
    3rd 4-0
    Last edited by hawk; 29-05-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Burbs vs new lambton
    3rds 0-2
    Res 3-3
    1st 2-2

Suns vs Swansea
    1st 0-0
    Res 0-1
    3rds 4-0

Morisset V Beresfield???
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Morisset V Beresfield???
    3rds 3-2 motown
    Res 2-1 bero
    Unsure of 1sts

1st ended up 4-3 Mayfield

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitio View Post
    1st ended up 4-3 Mayfield
    Geez

Quote Originally Posted by windy2203 View Post
    3rds 3-2 motown
    Res 2-1 bero
    Unsure of 1sts
    bero up 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by Guiltykeep View Post
    Burbs vs new lambton
    3rds 0-2
    Res 3-3
    1st 2-2
    Big winner on the day is anyone that got to visit the Garden Suburb canteen. A smorgasbord of tasty treats!
    Has to be in the top 2 canteens in the comp (Suns just pip them though I reckon).

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Big winner on the day is anyone that got to visit the Garden Suburb canteen. A smorgasbord of tasty treats!
    Has to be in the top 2 canteens in the comp (Suns just pip them though I reckon).
    Suns don't have another home game until 26th June. Pretty upset about that!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    I'll pass that onto our Canteen guys. They bust their arses on Junior and Senior days and they love getting feedback like this.

So with a predicted 10-20mm of rain and another 40-80mm tomorrow... do we just call the weekend off now?

Quote Originally Posted by NWM View Post
    So with a predicted 10-20mm of rain and another 40-80mm tomorrow... do we just call the weekend off now?
    Any uni boys on here? We are playing out there tomorrow and wondering what the chances are on their turf..