Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Do lower grades play away goals rule? Does anyone know?
    Yep, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Yep, they do.
    Seems stupid!
    So your 1st grade can come 4th and Reserves 1st and this weekend would be an "away match" at home.

So when will Newcastle Football wake up and realise how dumb it is scheduling semi finals on the same day as the first division grand final day. Year on year the same thing happens. I'm unsure of the reason to have the ZPL semi finals on different days to each other. Is it so that supporters can go to both games? If so, I'm fairly certain more supporters will be lost going to the NPL grand final. Surely both games can be scheduled for the Saturday and even staggered in times similar to what happened this weekend in the NPL. Not sure what everyone else's thoughts are. I've been at the Suns for 9 years now and will be choosing the grand final over my own club which is pretty bloody ordinary that we have to make those calls.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Seems stupid!
    So your 1st grade can come 4th and Reserves 1st and this weekend would be an "away match" at home.
    Well, what alternative do you have? It's always going to be based around first grade. More often that not, these lower grades will be at a mutual ground. And with the situation you are talking about, in my eyes it is an advantage that Mayfield get to play at their home ground with away goals being counted towards them. Unfortunately they have conceded three goals away at a mutual venue. If the scores were reversed, then New Lambton could feel hard done by that they have to chase the game at Mayfield's ground as their home game. I don't think it's stupid, it's just the way that it is and as I said, Mayfield have the advantage in this situation.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Score Uni v Dudley please

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Score Uni v Dudley please
    Results from yesterday over at Ray Watt. Home teams first:

1sts: Uni 0- Dudley 2
    Reserves: Dudley 2- Uni 2
    3rds: New Lambton 2- Dudley 0

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    So when will Newcastle Football wake up and realise how dumb it is scheduling semi finals on the same day as the first division grand final day. Year on year the same thing happens. I'm unsure of the reason to have the ZPL semi finals on different days to each other. Is it so that supporters can go to both games? If so, I'm fairly certain more supporters will be lost going to the NPL grand final. Surely both games can be scheduled for the Saturday and even staggered in times similar to what happened this weekend in the NPL. Not sure what everyone else's thoughts are. I've been at the Suns for 9 years now and will be choosing the grand final over my own club which is pretty bloody ordinary that we have to make those calls.
    Fully agree with that! We've got Edgy old boys playing in our team who can't even get there to support their old club.

Seems stupid!
    I think it adds an interesting element to the games. Eg the home side has to decide whether to go out and win the game, and risk conceding an away goal. Or whether to make sure they keep a clean sheet as a priority and whatever else happens, is a bonus.
    Probably overthinking it somewhat, but it adds that extra thing to think about. In saying that, you can just go and win both games or on aggregate and not care too much.

Can the clubs liase with eachother and Newcastle football to try and reschedule these games?
    Playing games on different days or time slots is more beneficial when a club has perhaps has one team in 1 v 4 and another team on 2 v 3 when players would normally be needed to fill in or make up numbers.

I agree that there should be some flexibility around fixtures, eg, the new fm and more importantly NPL grand final should be the only games played that day. Logistical issues aside, that's the only real way to max out that crowd and get everyone available to see our showpiece competition decider.

the whole system is wrong, the final game of Football in Newcastle, should be the NPL GF, the week before, 2HD GF, week before that should be Zone Leagues and Junior football. that way we build up to the, so called pinnacle of local football. No excuses for crowds etc, as there is no conflict with lower divisions or juniors. The only problem with this is the powers that be might have to admit the local game is in trouble and cant blame no attendance/poor atmosphere on clashes with other comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the whole system is wrong, the final game of Football in Newcastle, should be the NPL GF, the week before, 2HD GF, week before that should be Zone Leagues and Junior football. that way we build up to the, so called pinnacle of local football. No excuses for crowds etc, as there is no conflict with lower divisions or juniors. The only problem with this is the powers that be might have to admit the local game is in trouble and cant blame no attendance/poor atmosphere on clashes with other comps.
    theres too much logic in your statement
    get out!

agree. Could put the GF times to after 5. id go to every gf if I could. Sat 7pm kick off would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    agree. Could put the GF times to after 5. id go to every gf if I could. Sat 7pm kick off would be awesome
    They do this in the Central Coast comp and it's great.

Todays results:
    3rds: Dudley 2- New Lambton 1 (New Lambton through 3-2 on aggregate)
    Reserves: Uni 0- Dudley 1 (Dudley through 3-2 on aggregate)

Not sure of First Grade.

firsts anyone

2-0 Dudley

cheers

Suns 1-0 (2-0 on agg)
    Excellent winner, pigeon from within his own half
    New lambton and Uni won lower grades, unsure of score

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Suns 1-0 (2-0 on agg)
    Excellent winner, pigeon from within his own half
    New lambton and Uni won lower grades, unsure of score
    3rds: 5-0 Uni
    Reggies 1-0 New Lambton

Quick Questions guys, was last years ZPL Grand Final was on Bar TV? is that happening again this year?