Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: 2016 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I'll correct you cause you are wrong.
    Cardiff came last in ZPL

Beresfield won ZL1 38 points
    Garden Suburb came 2nd 37 points
    Newcastle Suns came 3rd 24 points

Wallsend, Kahibah and Cooks Hill were promoted to New FM.
    Cardiff stayed up, Beresfield, Garden Suburb and Newcastle Suns were promoted to ZPL.

Edit:
    Unfortunately for us at Garden Suburb the turn over of players from 1st grade 2014-2015 was high as half of our first grade was poached from NPL and NewFM clubs.
    We at Garden Suburb are not a club that will try to get in the way of any player playing at a highet level and we'll encourage our mates to make the set up.
    I stand corrected, I really couldnt be gathered actually checking so just went off memory, which is obviously in need of some help haha.

And it's exactly what happenedat barnsley, as in a few good years and players get poached, also west wallsend ran out of money so couldn't chase players from everywhere and turned back to the local kids they discarded, offered them a little money and barnsley don't pay so they went and we have struggled since.

I'll correct you cause you are wrong.
    Cardiff came last in ZPL

Beresfield won ZL1 38 points
    Garden Suburb came 2nd 37 points
    Newcastle Suns came 3rd 24 points

Wallsend, Kahibah and Cooks Hill were promoted to New FM.
    Cardiff stayed up, Beresfield, Garden Suburb and Newcastle Suns were promoted to ZPL.

Edit:
    Unfortunately for us at Garden Suburb the turn over of players from 1st grade 2014-2015 was high as half of our first grade was poached from NPL and NewFM clubs.
    We at Garden Suburb are not a club that will try to get in the way of any player playing at a highet level and we'll encourage our mates to make the set up.
    Suns actually finished 4th that year
    Jesmond finished 3rd

either way where you finish one year doesn't represent whats going to happen next year
    only takes one or two players to really change the momentum

Quote Originally Posted by Couchcoach View Post
    Cooks Hill got 2nd, 3rd and first across the grades in ZL1 plus beat Swansea in preseason all three grades from memory plus beat the Cooks Hill NewFM team in a trail and thrashed the Newfm 23s near the end of the season (who were second in their comp) so I'd suspect they would be competitive although they did struggle with injuries, work family commitments over the year being an older squad (all the youngies stayed in NEWFM). Raymond Terrace also looked good in first grade during the finals series. If they could replicate that all year and beef up their lower grades they could give the ZPL a scare... how competitive were Garden Suburb?
    how competitive were Garden Suburb ?

We played them twice and If I am being honest they could have beaten us both times , round one they had a quick boy up front and on another day he could have scored a few , second round second half they were the better side , I also watched them play New Lambton (who a relative plays with) , second round and they certainly had no luck in the second half at all . They seemed well coached and a good bunch as well probably a few players short that's all .

2nd or 3rd I could have understood, 5th???
    No disrespect to Kotara I wish them all the best but I can't help feel a little hard done by due to the outcome of similar circumstances in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

No disrespect to Kotara I wish them all the best but I can't help feel a little hard done by due to the outcome of similar circumstances in the past.
    My guess is kotara was the only one who applied other than you guys obviously and after 2 bad seasons they see kotara offering a stronger team in all 3 grades. Just an opinion

I'm guessing they have named the teams for comps next year??

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    I'm guessing they have named the teams for comps next year??
    This is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    My guess is kotara was the only one who applied other than you guys obviously and after 2 bad seasons they see kotara offering a stronger team in all 3 grades. Just an opinion
    As I said 2nd or 3rd I may have understood.
    Considering in similar circumstances other teams have been spared it's hard not to feel hard done by.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

As a club, Garden Suburb accept the decision, but thats not to say we aren't disappointed. End of the day, a decision has been made, we know where we are next season and that will be our focus as a club for here on.

We will move on, rebuild and hopefully earn the right to be back in the ZPL in the next few seasons. If anyone wants to join us int he rebuilding, keep an eye out for the start of training.

Good luck to Kotara South in the ZPL, and now we will focus on the season ahead in ZL1.

As I said 2nd or 3rd I may have understood.
    Considering in similar circumstances other teams have been spared it's hard not to feel hard done by.
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    As a club, Garden Suburb accept the decision, but thats not to say we aren't disappointed. End of the day, a decision has been made, we know where we are next season and that will be our focus as a club for here on.

We will move on, rebuild and hopefully earn the right to be back in the ZPL in the next few seasons. If anyone wants to join us int he rebuilding, keep an eye out for the start of training.

Good luck to Kotara South in the ZPL, and now we will focus on the season ahead in ZL1.
    I totally understand and agree I would be as well. Like you said thou you know where you are next season and what you have to do and hopefully you can rebuild, I look forward to playing against you guys again always tough games..

Early predictions for ZPL title this year? Will be interesting to see how kotara and Jesmond shape up.

Jesmond FC has access to Heaton Park and portable posts, no lines until after cricket finishes though. If any coaches out there would like a kick in February, 3 grades potentially of a Sunday then let me know, midweek over 2 nights a possibility too. Want two trials prior to FFA Cup weekend of Feb 25/26.

Never ideal playing teams in same division but we've done it before.

For those that aren't active members on here, contact phone number is 0412 449 333.
    Last edited by ramsbelong@jesmondpark; 01-12-2016 at 04:19 PM. Reason: phone number

Cooks Hill United FC

Zone League 1

Cooks Hill United FC are seeking expressions of interest for 1st Grade Head coach for the 2017 Zone League season. Cooks Hill United has a proud history of success over the last decade in Zone league. Since Cooks Hills promotion to ZL1 in 2015 no team has failed to make the semi-finals, with first grade recording two top 2 finishes, reserve grade recording 2 Grand Final wins and third grade winning the minor premiership in 2016.
    Coaching qualifications and experience desired but not essential.

For more details contact Lee on 0412 776 542