Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NPL Youth

That's great... awesome left footer if I recall correctly. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Nice story in today's herald on young Luke going to FFF CoE
    Well done, good kid, Macquarie & CCB boy and even a year at EJ's hasn't effected him ����
    ............. and Toronto Awaba before CCB

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    ............. and Toronto Awaba before CCB
    We all have some skeletons 😉😉😄😄😄

Well done to those involved with Weston and Hamilton Olympic in bringing their trial matches forward today and cutting time to try and beat the heat. Would've been terrible playing 40 each way Under 17's at 2:30pm!

well done to maitland under 17's

Maitland 17's played two games. Cooks Square v Wallsend 17's 0915 and thence to CB Alexander v Valo at 1400. Very determined and committed. Two nil win to Maitland over Wallsend and a five to two win over Valo. Valo very strong. Very strong mid field and gk had great day.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepatch View Post
    Maitland 17's played two games. Cooks Square v Wallsend 17's 0915 and thence to CB Alexander v Valo at 1400. Very determined and committed. Two nil win to Maitland over Wallsend and a five to two win over Valo. Valo very strong. Very strong mid field and gk had great day.
    Two games in one day, especially in the heat, is a tough ask!

other 17's NPL

Magic 17's lost easily to Jets Youth - score not confirmed (5-1) - maybe problems there.
    Weston lost to Olympic at Varty Park (?) 2-1 - close but and grandfinal teams for 2016?
    Jaffas down to Buds. 2-1. Buds very dominant though Jaffas are back and teams need to be careful.
    Valo down to Maitland 5-2. Valo good and will give teams a big scare. Top six. Maitland are darkies. You might need to watch and be careful here with some new players from other clubs. Valo and Maitland are going to scare teams and take points.

Three words Maitland

Duty of care, you guys are kidding, where are the parents?

Why did they need to play two trial games in the one day ?

Just stupid

The coaches and committee at Maitland should be ashamed and why wouldn't the parents stand up for their kids

Yet this parent seems to be proud ? So long as they won hey

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Three words Maitland

Just stupid

The coaches and committee at Maitland should be ashamed and why wouldn't the parents stand up for their kids

Agree Jimbo. Crazy scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Agree Jimbo. Crazy scheduling.

It's just plain stupid prawn man

Those kids could not have rehydrated simply not enough time so the coach, club and parents have placed 16 kids in danger

Wake up parents it's February, nothing won this time of year

For gods sake

It's just plain stupid prawn man

Those kids could not have rehydrated simply not enough time so the coach, club and parents have placed 16 kids in danger

Wake up parents it's February, nothing won this time of year

For gods sake
    Couldn't agree more, this is crazy.

Three words Maitland

Just stupid

Spot on jimbo
    Just plain stupid from all involved
    How could a club endorse this???
    How could coach allow this ????
    How the bloody hell could parents stand there and support it ?????
    FFS

Do they not play 2 games in one day in the state cup games?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Do they not play 2 games in one day in the state cup games?
    State cup ?? Don't know what you mean ??

Any tournament that I have been to that has two games a day is usually shortened games AND played in winter
    NOT 40 deg summer days

First game was at 9.30am to say 11 then next game starts at 2pm. That's three hours to rehydrate...........
    Last edited by Why Blue; 15-02-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Heard thre was a fight and two red cards in the valo game, can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Heard thre was a fight and two red cards in the valo game, can anyone confirm?
    There was a fight in their game v Wallsend as well. One of their players stomped the Wallsend keeper in the face after a collision and next thing you know he was getting clobbered by the keeper. Credit to them for backing up with a second game but surely should have been scheduled midweek or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    State cup ?? Don't know what you mean ??

Any tournament that I have been to that has two games a day is usually shortened games AND played in winter
    NOT 40 deg summer days

First game was at 9.30am to say 11 then next game starts at 2pm. That's three hours to rehydrate...........
    The FFA state Solo Cup - there would be quarters, semis and if the teams were not 2 x hunter teams, a GF.
    Also, Bill Turner Cup often play 2 games in a day...

Did they have drinks breaks?
    Did they play quarters? or thirds?

Winning one game against NEWFM 2-0 and then against NPL 5-2...Doesn't sound like they were affected too much...

Did the same players play 2 whole games? was there interchange, were other players brought in to supplement the squad?

Some players play games in lower ages and have to fill in for higher age groups, is that ok?

Ok bres agree to disagree on this one, maybe it didn't effect them

Question for Maitland ......what was purpose of playing two trial games any way ??? Let alone when the temp was 38+ And was predicted ......no surprise
    A few clubs cancelled thier trial games, I watched an U17 NPL trial on Sunday and really wondered why it progressed beyond 1/2 time, first 1/4 was good, 2nd was ok but after that both teams suffered, walking, no movement off the ball, no runs.

Would have got a whole lot more from a structured training session at a cooler time

I do agree that there are questions over it all.
    I was just pointing out that nobody really is privvy to the full story and logic behind it.

I do think some Coaches are pretty uneducated with the whole heat thing and some would believe that they should just tough it out, which is rather dangerous.
    However Piggo has been around a bit, and playing under him for a few preseasons, he is big on hydration and would make some good points on the game. Eg, it's hot, play smart, make them chase, keep the ball, make smart runs, turning over possession is costly.
    I'm less in the know than most of you, just playing devils advocate that I don't believe the players well being would be compromised, and given the scores, I don't think they were affected too much.
    Given piggo's history it wouldn't surprise me if there was a hybrid 17s/15s thing going on.

I remember playing a 19s game one night at 6pm, then first grade played, then played 60 minutes of 23s in the middle of winter. I imagine this is far more dangerous. For different reasons.

I see your point and do believe there are questions to be asked, but without knowing what measures were taken, it's hard to make informed comments.

Same goes to you bremman

Uninformed comments? Do you know that Piggot was there ?

On the other hand there is plenty of info available on recovery/rehydration times and methods
    And I have never read or been told the best way to rehydrate from one physical activity is to go out and perform another in even more extreme temps

Each to there own, but I know I would not allow my children to be placed in that position, they would have been unavailable for 2nd game due to a prior commitment
    Easy, if clubs won't look after kids well being than parents need to step up

One of the funniest things I hear is teams that play on Sunday in extreme heat and then coach gives them next training session off to recover
    Last edited by big jim; 16-02-2016 at 11:58 AM.