Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NPL Youth

Agree mother man
    This is a public forum were people can and should express their opinions
    Not all will agree and we don't all have to agree
    But we should encourage and respect opinions

this forum is for people with opinions but do nothing about them.what are you trying to achieve? nobody does anything to try and change things for the better.you hide behind user names.get involved with clubs and actually do something positive.it makes me laugh when I read people write ive heard this and that and when really your just pissing in the wind .some people need a reality check.dont take npl youth so serious.in the end its only a game

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    To be fair the junior club you speak of are rubbish and struggling to survive.
    I am an out and out, one eyed Magic supporter but the 2 junior clubs are like chalk and cheese.
    Obviously said by someone whom hasn't been involved with the club and doesn't know too much.

The team has a strong junior juniors but tend to go as they get older for a number of reasons. Some want to go to the big clubs others are keen

The club is far from struggling to survive they have a strong women's program though women's football isn't the main focus but does require more work throughout the club to promote boys. Their oldest boys group did win their league this year and are a good example when you have a strong set of parents and volunteers willing to put in time to help and develop.

That's not to say the club doesn't have its issues which are varied and cover a number of reasons (admin, location, money, parents/volunteers, culture etc).

The seniors and juniors aren't connected, however, the seniors have done the juniors no favours (and yes vice-versa) and senior people within both groups have actively sought to undermine each other and refused to cooperate. If both clubs wanted to work better together it would be of great benefit to both clubs but the seniors don't appear interested in the juniors for any long term development rather than ignore them. Shit, the two might even be as good as magic where the boys up to U12 are looking to get into the YPL side with others not quite there going into an A grade team looking to move into the YPL side in subsequent years.

Of course all that would require change from both sides and at this stage I don't see either the seniors or the juniors wanting to cooperate since both sides hate each other for a number actions that they have done to each other.

As for rubbish players I know of a couple recently ex junior players who are now in YPL sides, had the seniors been a bit more open they may have had these players instead.

Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    this forum is for people with opinions but do nothing about them.what are you trying to achieve? nobody does anything to try and change things for the better.you hide behind user names.get involved with clubs and actually do something positive.it makes me laugh when I read people write ive heard this and that and when really your just pissing in the wind .some people need a reality check.dont take npl youth so serious.in the end its only a game
    "you hide behind user names"

Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    Agree that hiding behind user names (as you and I are both doing now) and just criticising does little for football development. My own concern, however, has been the quality of coaching in the NPL youth as well as the Northern/EJ programs. - Am I in a position to decide the coaches or train them?? Clearly not. - Do I think we should just accept what has been dished up?? Hell no.
    I saw that mass exits from a couple of Magic teams were the result of unacceptable coaches, although apparently one of the proposed coaches pulled out after the majority of kids had already walked. The only way most parents and players can change this situation is to vote with their feet.
    This does not mean every coach is rubbish. You will see that certain teams have a high retention rate as well as attracting new players. No doubt this will be reflected in finals week, and all I can say is good luck to any coach and club that benefits from being better than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo Creed View Post
    Welcome Apollo. Watch out for an uppercut from a few Rocky wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quare Caeruleum View Post
    Welcome Apollo. Watch out for an uppercut from a few Rocky wannabes.
    well thank you QC
    experienced horseman like me, have it covered

im happy to put my name on this forum if everyone else does

Agree that hiding behind user names (as you and I are both doing now) and just criticising does little for football development. My own concern, however, has been the quality of coaching in the NPL youth as well as the Northern/EJ programs. - Am I in a position to decide the coaches or train them?? Clearly not. - Do I think we should just accept what has been dished up?? Hell no.
    I saw that mass exits from a couple of Magic teams were the result of unacceptable coaches, although apparently one of the proposed coaches pulled out after the majority of kids had already walked. The only way most parents and players can change this situation is to vote with their feet.
    This does not mean every coach is rubbish. You will see that certain teams have a high retention rate as well as attracting new players. No doubt this will be reflected in finals week, and all I can say is good luck to any coach and club that benefits from being better than everyone else.
    I have an issue with your statement with regards the quality of coaching in the EJ program. Last time I looked they 3 former A League coaches and a recent A League Golden Boot Winner and a bloke that went to a World Cup and was undefeated coaching there. Tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    I have an issue with your statement with regards the quality of coaching in the EJ program. Last time I looked they 3 former A League coaches and a recent A League Golden Boot Winner and a bloke that went to a World Cup and was undefeated coaching there. Tough call.
    Mate not doubting you but who are these ?

Van Egmond is one A league
    McBreen golden boot
    Do you have a list of all coaches
    Thx man

Hopefully the coaches are improving with the Emerging Jets. Over the previous years they have had some very ordinary performers. Most had gotten their basic certificates and some had played a little bit of football. But few were capable of improving the kids and teaching them skills. Whist they would scream and criticise from the sideline, they couldn't explain what they wanted to the young player who was rarely encouraged. They got rid of better coaches while appointing team coaches that only had goalkeeping experience. One such coach was appointed for over a year but never took up the role due to other commitments. This resulted in many temporary coaches filling the role. One EJ coach was so poorly thought of that when he was reportedly taking a successful club team, about 10 of the players walked out.
    Remember this is the organisation that chose a 21 year old to head the SAP program over an international coach with years of coaching and playing experience and the ability to relate to kids and provide positive motivation.

Should also stress that more should be spent to keep the better coaches and less on administration, ie. David Eland. Most of the best coaches that have been in the program have moved on. Being a yes man gets you further than coaching skills.

Remember this is the organisation that chose a 21 year old to head the SAP program over an international coach with years of coaching and playing experience and the ability to relate to kids and provide positive motivation.
    Is that dick still there ?

Deans, Zane and Leo Bertos. the TD is very well credentialed as well.
    Last edited by Dontknowmuch; 15-01-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Deans, Zane and Leo Bertos. the TD is very well credentialed as well.
    Of those who is still there? Short term appearances by decent coaches don't give long term results.

There all still involved as far as I know.

There all still involved as far as I know.
    Zane was only there for a short time before going to Jets Youth. I think Deans has gone to WPL. Don't know about Bertos but has he been involved for long?
    I did hear the baby smurf coach took the NTC side to Canberra last month. That shows a lack of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    club in 2 years???
    1 day its 100 years , next day its 2 years!
    which 1 is it Atown.
    Either way, how many of the Buds juniors were promoted from the Buds Junior club?
    Like the relationship between Southy Juniors, CCB Juniors and their senior clubs, the relationship between the Atown Juniors and Seniors could be called dysfunctional at best!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Sorry, I don't jump on here all that often but...Am I missing the point of NPL Youth or what???? Is the success of a clubs' youth system judged by the number of players they retain and develop for their senior club or how many final series / trophies the youth teams collect????
    Please enlighten me!
    Sancho - spot on - results don't always measure player development.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo Creed View Post
    So Apollo Creed is your real name ?