Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NPL Youth

For inner city teams, this probably isn't such a massive commitment. And is possible. Yes, it would put some strain on clubs and more work for the already overworked volunteers. But it probably is somewhat possible. But what about the coast teams? Are you willing to play a catch up game in Coffs Harbour on a Wednesday with a weeks notice?

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the idea of these washout rules a lot, but I'm just playing devils advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    For inner city teams, this probably isn't such a massive commitment. And is possible. Yes, it would put some strain on clubs and more work for the already overworked volunteers. But it probably is somewhat possible. But what about the coast teams? Are you willing to play a catch up game in Coffs Harbour on a Wednesday with a weeks notice?

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the idea of these washout rules a lot, but I'm just playing devils advocate.
    Agree the north coast, northern inland and mac ganes are more difficult in so far as the away games are concerned. Our home games against north coast and northern inland won't be washed out being played on synthetic. Rule for those away washed out games could simply be to replay on one of the 3 spare weekends in the draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

In the WPL when a washout match has to be played against FMNC they schedule to play on the weekend no reason why that can't be done in youth.

Big congrats to Noah James on his call up to jets squad.......massive effort for a 15yo and credit to Jones & Zane for giving him a chance
    Good kid, product of the emerging jets, with Kahibah and CCB stints, still remember U/11 state champs at Coffs were Noah kept his first games, was a natural from then and had worked hard for this opportunity
    Good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Big congrats to Noah James on his call up to jets squad.......massive effort for a 15yo and credit to Jones & Zane for giving him a chance
    Good kid, product of the emerging jets, with Kahibah and CCB stints, still remember U/11 state champs at Coffs were Noah kept his first games, was a natural from then and had worked hard for this opportunity
    Good luck..
    Congratulations Jim Fogarty more like it.

Yeah just read that !!!
    Take back credit I gave to Jones & Zane........massive no confidence vote for the 15yo

Don't understand this, surely Noah would have benifited from the experience

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Noah a quality keeper but looks like he'll have to wait a bit longer yet, now Fogarty signed for short term.

Yeah just read that !!!
    Take back credit I gave to Jones & Zane........massive no confidence vote for the 15yo

Don't understand this, surely Noah would have benifited from the experience
    More importantly would team benefit from his lack of experience. His time will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Y Bloo? View Post
    More importantly would team benefit from his lack of experience. His time will come.
    good kid and future potential
    but really 15, in 1st team as GK.
    again the Jets taking the piss, out of themselves with how they handled the media, announcement then signing foggerty.
    anyway Fogerty, as there best option- I would think Danny Ireland, is far superior, and as bonus can catch a ball

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo Creed View Post
    again the Jets taking the piss, out of themselves with how they handled the media, announcement then signing foggerty.
    anyway Fogerty, as there best option- I would think Danny Ireland, is far superior, and as bonus can catch a ball
    Dounaroma or hoever you spell it ac milan was pretty young buffon was 16.... lol
    Amigos Aarau

Is Ireland still in Newcastle ???

Can someone confirm ?? Heard he may have gone south

[QUOTE=goaliepersempre;166471]Dounaroma or hoever you spell it ac milan was pretty young buffon was 16.... lol[/QU

great keepers
    big comparisons there.
    im sure they werent 5ft, at that age
    lol

Is Ireland still in Newcastle ???

Can someone confirm ?? Heard he may have gone south
    at $1500 a game
    Im sure he is up north
    definitely best keeper in NNSW, the rest are rated between 2-6 out of 10, DI i think 8

at $1500 a game
    Im sure he is up north
    definitely best keeper in NNSW, the rest are rated between 2-6 out of 10, DI i think 8
    $1500 a game in the local npl. You can't be serious ? That's $30000 for the season. He is the best gk in the comp by a long way but no one in the local league is worth that sort of $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    FFA Cup....
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

NNSWF at it again. Trying to hide results of NTC challenge. Their website filled with womens competition promotion but only a last minute mention of the elite boys playing in a national competition in Canberra's AIS. All scores listed on PDF sheet must be last years since the spreadsheet had all scores filled out before the comp started.
    As usual, very poor reporting on boys.

NNSWF at it again. Trying to hide results of NTC challenge. Their website filled with womens competition promotion but only a last minute mention of the elite boys playing in a national competition in Canberra's AIS. All scores listed on PDF sheet must be last years since the spreadsheet had all scores filled out before the comp started.
    comon bluey!
    were you expecting Davey E to inbox you with the results.

comon bluey!
    were you expecting Davey E to inbox you with the results.
    Yeah, should have known better than to expect any level of professional competence.

Its actually a disgrace that these results haven't been posted anywhere. You would hope that the results wern't poor and that is the reason why there has been no mention of them anywhere. Good or bad surely the NNSW is professional enough to let all the region know how the apparent best kids are performing in a National Comp. Would be great to see how our program is working against the rest of Australia considering the amount of time and $$$ the parents and kids have to commit to. I often wondered what the results would be if you played the Jets juniors V the best of the rest of the whole region of the same age to guage the actuall benefit of flogging the kids 40 odd weeks a year min 4 times a week. Maybe as a team with their robotic curriculum based game they would be stronger but individually I doubt it. I believe the Jets Program individualy stunts growth as a player in general game play. Creates very good freestyle ball skill kids. Just my opinion I have no facts and figures but if the results in the above mentioned tournament were poor then maybe I will have some facts and figures. It also could be a situation where everyone in the country has a similar program to the Jets. I would hope not.

The NNSWF team to one of the NSW team 3-0 and lost to Victoria 3-2