Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NPL Youth

Welcome 2016 look forward to a great year

Sorry forever man but Southy lost direction years ago
    In 2009 southy had a pretty good 9A team, won comp from memory. By the time NPL Youth started not one of those kids played for Southy, despite 7 I think playing for other clubs in NPL
    I have a good friend who is dad of one of those kids, he left Southy back in under 10's as he thought then that committe was dis interested in kids that age and guess what, was told by committe member that he was just a go getting parent.

Maybe if committe had shown some interest or initiative those kids would have stayed, others would have come to be part if a strong club OR you let them go, bloody trophy hunting parents

NPL Youth was not reason for Southy demotion, committe was,
    As Blueman said just cause you do something for a long time don't mean your good at it

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    Early tips?? ? ?
    Cracker season has been some changes so always interesting to see how those will pan out
    Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    every club has 15,16,17 year olds playing 19's
    again, your wrong
    Southy's poor result blamed on location???????
    That is officially the best 2016 statement i have heard, maybe Southy should move
    Not talking about now.
    The statement was that they didn't care about Youth.

How many Juniors did Azzurri FC have when they were relegated? 0. Big fat 0. Thats why they were relegated. They merged with the junior club to meet the criteria and paid Jim Foley to bring a team together. Props to CCB though, they went from nothing and have some pretty handy teams. But saying Southy didn't care about Youth, is ridiculous.
    Same with Lakes. 0 junior teams and they were relegated.
    There are definitely clubs that treat their Youth teams worse than Southy. Over the years Southy invites the Youth teams to senior training, and to complete warmups with players.

But I'm curious. What evidence is there that they don't care about Youth?

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Welcome 2016 look forward to a great year

Sorry forever man but Southy lost direction years ago
    In 2009 southy had a pretty good 9A team, won comp from memory. By the time NPL Youth started not one of those kids played for Southy, despite 7 I think playing for other clubs in NPL
    I have a good friend who is dad of one of those kids, he left Southy back in under 10's as he thought then that committe was dis interested in kids that age and guess what, was told by committe member that he was just a go getting parent.

Maybe if committe had shown some interest or initiative those kids would have stayed, others would have come to be part if a strong club OR you let them go, bloody trophy hunting parents

NPL Youth was not reason for Southy demotion, committe was,
    As Blueman said just cause you do something for a long time don't mean your good at it
    9A? seriously? I played 3 premiership winning years at Belmont in U/8, 9's and 10s and moved to Warners Bay to play with friends.
    9 year olds play for fun. Change clubs for fun, discover rugby league. I would hardly blame the committee or anybody for a 9 year old leaving? what're they meant to do?

Which committee did he deal with? Juniors are separate to the NPL entity. Which is probably the biggest factor at play imo. Rectify this relationship and it breeds success.

People having a dig at Southy Committee really irks me. Have played for 2 NPL Clubs and Southy was by far superior than the former. Miles ahead. Committee respect their players and are not dictators.
    Have had dealings with, and have heard from various teammates very very bad things about other clubs committee members.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    9A? seriously? I played 3 premiership winning years at Belmont in U/8, 9's and 10s and moved to Warners Bay to play with friends.
    9 year olds play for fun. Change clubs for fun, discover rugby league. I would hardly blame the committee or anybody for a 9 year old leaving? what're they meant to do?

Which committee did he deal with? Juniors are separate to the NPL entity. Which is probably the biggest factor at play imo. Rectify this relationship and it breeds success.

People having a dig at Southy Committee really irks me. Have played for 2 NPL Clubs and Southy was by far superior than the former. Miles ahead. Committee respect their players and are not dictators.
    Have had dealings with, and have heard from various teammates very very bad things about other clubs committee members.
    Yes 9A seriously !

But I think you have missed my point and seemed to have jumped on the southy precious parent wagon

Which is that Southy have been losing juniors for years now, back in these age groups 9,10 & 11's macquarie had a development squad and kids still played with a club but macquarie wanted kids to play A grade, from what I was told parents approached Southy committee with this with a view to getting a few of the singles and two's from other clubs to come to Southy, yes building a strong team for sure but it goes on
    Response I'm told was anti macquarie and basically told if they didn't like to go elsewhere so they did

Probably the Jnr committe but if senior committe stood by and let promising youth walk out the club it was always going to be at their peril

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Yes 9A seriously !

But I think you have missed my point and seemed to have jumped on the southy precious parent wagon

Which is that Southy have been losing juniors for years now, back in these age groups 9,10 & 11's macquarie had a development squad and kids still played with a club but macquarie wanted kids to play A grade, from what I was told parents approached Southy committee with this with a view to getting a few of the singles and two's from other clubs to come to Southy, yes building a strong team for sure but it goes on
    Response I'm told was anti macquarie and basically told if they didn't like to go elsewhere so they did

Probably the Jnr committe but if senior committe stood by and let promising youth walk out the club it was always going to be at their peril
    It's important to note the last sentence.
    The juniors and seniors may as well be separate clubs. Much the same as Lake Macquarie and Lake Macquaurie City.
    I'm not privvy to the relationship between the two and my opinion would be biased towards the senior club.
    From what you've said, regarding the club and macquarie situation, it definitely sounds like the junior committee which is definitely not the committee in charge of NPL.
    For the future of Southy the 2 should rectify their differences and do what's best for the club as a whole.
    I understand what you are saying but the Juniors have no interest in NPL and have heard they are quite stubborn regarding facility use/canteen things etc.

I don't believe your above experience is at all a reflection of the NPL committee.

Let's get back to NPL Youth

Plenty if good to talk about with out going over very old ground

What's ppl' thoughts on Valo ????
    Have heard of some kids going to them, some back to them which is great

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Let's get back to NPL Youth

Plenty if good to talk about with out going over very old ground

What's ppl' thoughts on Valo ????
    Have heard of some kids going to them, some back to them which is great
    From what I've heard a few decent kids going there. A few CCb and Magic boys in 15s & 17s, should go ok.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    From what I've heard a few decent kids going there. A few CCb and Magic boys in 15s & 17s, should go ok.
    Valo to win 17's
    strong side

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    Valo to win 17's
    strong side
    Big early call there MT
    I knew a few from Magic 15's went there not sure who else though
    Where did they come from ???

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Did any 2015 15's CCB kids go there ??
    Thought most stayed ??

Big early call there MT
    I knew a few from Magic 15's went there not sure who else though
    Where did they come from ???
    Southy
    lol

Predictions:
    13- FMNC
    14- FMNC/ MAGIC
    15- BUDS
    17- VALO/ OLYMPIC
    Last edited by mother theresa; 05-01-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Did any 2015 15's CCB kids go there ??
    Thought most stayed ??
    No idea, but the person I spoke to said 1 definite, maybe a second from 2015 CCB 14's gone to Valo

Bit of a question for you guys.
    I was thinking a little about Valo and how strong their youth used to be, almost on par with magic/olympic in the younger ages. And it got me thinking what should happen to NPL clubs who are relegated. I won't use southy as an example due to their poor results.
    But I'll give you a hypothetical and would be interested in your opinions.

Say CCB get relegated. They obviously have some pretty handy youth teams in the NPL Youth. What do you think should happen to them? Do you think it's right that a club can set up such a program and player network and lose them all because their first grade didn't perform. So should they remain? Should they lose their spot? Should there be perhaps a 2 conference approach for all clubs with an NPL License?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Bit of a question for you guys.
    I was thinking a little about Valo and how strong their youth used to be, almost on par with magic/olympic in the younger ages. And it got me thinking what should happen to NPL clubs who are relegated. I won't use southy as an example due to their poor results.
    But I'll give you a hypothetical and would be interested in your opinions.

Say CCB get relegated. They obviously have some pretty handy youth teams in the NPL Youth. What do you think should happen to them? Do you think it's right that a club can set up such a program and player network and lose them all because their first grade didn't perform. So should they remain? Should they lose their spot? Should there be perhaps a 2 conference approach for all clubs with an NPL License?
    I believe it is wrong, has been mentioned many times on this forum, current format only rewards 1st grade performance, so clubs concentrate on this and really who can blame them

I would like to see 5yr licences and 12 teams ( and so would NNSWF I think )
    Also proposed changes to club championship, although imagine if a club was relegated after winning 1st grade and U13's poor performance cost them ???

CCB had a scare in 2015, with the prospect of your hyperthetical eventuating and they talked positively about the need for 1st grade to perform to protect thier investment in youth, problem is how do they do it ???

MT
    Maybe very close

Predictions:
    13- FMNC
    14- FMNC/ MAGIC
    15- BUDS
    17- VALO/ OLYMPIC

I think 13's could see EJ's strong as well, good coach but is talent there and can he coach 12yo kids ??

14's really don't know

15's Buds should be strong with last years magic14 gf winning team

17's throw in Weston and CCB

I believe it is wrong, has been mentioned many times on this forum, current format only rewards 1st grade performance, so clubs concentrate on this and really who can blame them

I would like to see 5yr licences and 12 teams ( and so would NNSWF I think )
    Also proposed changes to club championship, although imagine if a club was relegated after winning 1st grade and U13's poor performance cost them ???

CCB had a scare in 2015, with the prospect of your hyperthetical eventuating and they talked positively about the need for 1st grade to perform to protect thier investment in youth, problem is how do they do it ???
    Make it a requirement that both NewFM and NPL teams have youth teams, have the Youth split up into two leagues A and B with relegation and promotion between the two but based on a club championship rather than on just one of the leagues. Those clubs with strong junior sides from both NPL and NewFM will eventually find themselves in the A league while the rest will be in B league.

If a club is relegated from NPL to NewFM they still keep their youth team which might actually be going well and encourages long term investment and a focus on youth development from the clubs.

I'm sure since this is different to what happens now I'll be told why this is the worse idea in football since Gareth Southgate said "I know what to do with my 12 million pound transfer budget buy that Alves bloke".

15's Buds should be strong with last years magic14 gf winning team
    Is that where they ended up going?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Is that where they ended up going?
    So I'm told
    Buds seem to do youth pretty well

So hopefully the move will be benificial for the kids

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Make it a requirement that both NewFM and NPL teams have youth teams, have the Youth split up into two leagues A and B with relegation and promotion between the two but based on a club championship rather than on just one of the leagues. Those clubs with strong junior sides from both NPL and NewFM will eventually find themselves in the A league while the rest will be in B league.

If a club is relegated from NPL to NewFM they still keep their youth team which might actually be going well and encourages long term investment and a focus on youth development from the clubs.

I'm sure since this is different to what happens now I'll be told why this is the worse idea in football since Gareth Southgate said "I know what to do with my 12 million pound transfer budget buy that Alves bloke".
    That idea works .....keeps youth in A or B based on thier performance not 1st grade

Play off between A's & B's for promo and religation would be different for each grade ???

Would kill the NPL all teams play on one day that NNSWF seem to like

But defiantly fairer than current system