Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NPL Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Is that where they ended up going?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Atown View Post
    No
    Interesting so all last years 14's are back ??

I had heard that a lot of magic 14's from 15 went there
    But if you are close to the team than you should know
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post

Thx
    I had to ask the question to get the answer but fairly certain all the kids from 14s are moving up to 15s.

I heard a lot of Magic 14s had gone to Valo ?

Thx
    I heard Olympic, e jets, edgeworth

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    WB
    buds do youth pretty well?
    please explain further- 1 team ( next years 15's) in 2 years make the top 4, THATS IT!
    As for developing and promoting Buds juniors into NPL...
    Famous words from Scribe
    "How many , not many, if any not many"
    What would you be expecting of a club in 2 years MT ?

Do you have any experience of the work involved in taking a club that was for the best part of a decade in the NewFM and try to take the club to a position that it can be competitive across all NPL grades ?

FYI , its not an easy job and takes the hard work of players , coaches , committee , parents , council , volunteers ... the list really is endless !

Same goes for all the other clubs in this region trying their hardest to develop whilst also having to work within the challenging rules and regulations that Northern NSW / FFA are demanding of us.

This little phrase I love "better to try and fail than to never have tried at all" (William F. O'Brien ).
    Last edited by Atown; 06-01-2016 at 05:01 PM.

That idea works .....keeps youth in A or B based on thier performance not 1st grade

Play off between A's & B's for promo and religation would be different for each grade ???

Would kill the NPL all teams play on one day that NNSWF seem to like

But defiantly fairer than current system
    Well promo and relegation would be based on a Club Championship perhaps higher age groups have a slightly higher rating but certainly means those clubs that are stronger through all the squads rather than it based on one would find themselves in contention for promotion into A (or staying up there).

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    I heard Olympic, e jets, edgeworth
    Yes had heard some to EJ's

Why are the rest leaving ?? The proposed coach was moved on as requested

Banned
    Make it a requirement that both NewFM and NPL teams have youth teams, have the Youth split up into two leagues A and B with relegation and promotion between the two but based on a club championship rather than on just one of the leagues. Those clubs with strong junior sides from both NPL and NewFM will eventually find themselves in the A league while the rest will be in B league.

If a club is relegated from NPL to NewFM they still keep their youth team which might actually be going well and encourages long term investment and a focus on youth development from the clubs.

I'm sure since this is different to what happens now I'll be told why this is the worse idea in football since Gareth Southgate said "I know what to do with my 12 million pound transfer budget buy that Alves bloke".
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the idea at all

Seems rather stupid clubs like Valo have built an NPL Yoof set up then scaled it back and then have to rebuild it again as they move between NPL New FM and back

Add in Lakes and Southy now and in theory we could have another few clubs in the NPL Yoof if they kept their Yoof Programs going

Reality is it is a positive for those clubs and the region to keep going at this level even if the Senior Sides are in New FM

NNSW should also be forcing the New FM clubs looking for promotion to the NPL to be getting their juniors sorted in advance so they are ready as a club when the time comes

I'm not involved with the club but from outside looking in it seems as though Lakes have their NPL Youth set-up still working fine. A fair few New-FM clubs are putting in A grade squads across the age groups. I know Kahibah are having 11/12A's this year. I think the New-FM clubs are realizing they have to go with the youth set-up or risk being left behind if the proposed NPL rules come in to effect. I'd expect Valo to be decent in most grades this season but I guess you can never be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I'm not involved with the club but from outside looking in it seems as though Lakes have their NPL Youth set-up still working fine. A fair few New-FM clubs are putting in A grade squads across the age groups. I know Kahibah are having 11/12A's this year. I think the New-FM clubs are realizing they have to go with the youth set-up or risk being left behind if the proposed NPL rules come in to effect. I'd expect Valo to be decent in most grades this season but I guess you can never be sure.
    Lakes lost players when demoted but not as bad as you would have expected !!! But little gimmicks like the trip to Borneo etc helped keep some there

Think this year has seen plenty move on again, with new TD at CCB taking a few up there with him ( apparently deals done in Borneo )

So really they have suffered

Kahibah may struggle with Gumps not doing juniors

I think Valo will be ok, hit the phones pretty hard and were trying to get players back, hope it worked for them
    Last edited by Why Blue; 06-01-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown View Post
    What would you be expecting of a club in 2 years MT ?

Do you have any experience of the work involved in taking a club that was for the best part of a decade in the NewFM and try to take the club to a position that it can be competitive across all NPL grades ?

FYI , its not an easy job and takes the hard work of players , coaches , committee , parents , council , volunteers ... the list really is endless !

Same goes for all the other clubs in this region trying their hardest to develop whilst also having to work within the challenging rules and regulations that Northern NSW / FFA are demanding of us.

This little phrase I love "better to try and fail than to never have tried at all" (William F. O'Brien ).
    club in 2 years???
    1 day its 100 years , next day its 2 years!
    which 1 is it Atown.
    Either way, how many of the Buds juniors were promoted from the Buds Junior club?

club in 2 years???
    which 1 is it Atown.
    Either way, how many of the Buds juniors were promoted from the Buds Junior club?
    To be fair the junior club you speak of are rubbish and struggling to survive.
    I am an out and out, one eyed Magic supporter but the 2 junior clubs are like chalk and cheese.
    Last edited by Zico; 06-01-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Make it a requirement that both NewFM and NPL teams have youth teams, have the Youth split up into two leagues A and B with relegation and promotion between the two but based on a club championship rather than on just one of the leagues. Those clubs with strong junior sides from both NPL and NewFM will eventually find themselves in the A league while the rest will be in B league.

If a club is relegated from NPL to NewFM they still keep their youth team which might actually be going well and encourages long term investment and a focus on youth development from the clubs.

I'm sure since this is different to what happens now I'll be told why this is the worse idea in football since Gareth Southgate said "I know what to do with my 12 million pound transfer budget buy that Alves bloke".
    I like this
    Well thought out

We need for clubs to be able to prosper from youth development, time allows this
    Year to year relegation does not

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    To be fair the junior club you speak of are rubbish and struggling to survive.
    I am an out and out, one eyed Magic supporter but the 2 junior clubs are like chalk and cheese.
    Your right Zico

As a foundation club in NNSW, zero emphasis on developing there own.
    The last 2 years, they have brought in Macquarie coaches, with majority of there SUPER teams- were poor and failed , this year i believe a Lakes coach and Lakes players, aswell as Newcastle Football team and coach????

Your right Zico

As a foundation club in NNSW, zero emphasis on developing there own.
    The last 2 years, they have brought in Macquarie coaches, with majority of there SUPER teams- were poor and failed , this year i believe a Lakes coach and Lakes players, aswell as Newcastle Football team and coach????
    You have missed my point as I was actually defending the senior club due to the lack of a quality run club in Adamstown Juniors, it's hard to segregate junior players into a category of their own when all our clubs are within a 10km radius of each other. If a club can associate themselves with the SAP coaches and a local association then they need congratulating rather than bagging as it shows they have the forward thinking to be successful and are willing to develop good players from 13 years old.
    Enough praising another club, Magic to win all 7 grades in 2016 (hopefully lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    You have missed my point as I was actually defending the senior club due to the lack of a quality run club in Adamstown Juniors, it's hard to segregate junior players into a category of their own when all our clubs are within a 10km radius of each other. If a club can associate themselves with the SAP coaches and a local association then they need congratulating rather than bagging as it shows they have the forward thinking to be successful and are willing to develop good players from 13 years old.
    Enough praising another club, Magic to win all 7 grades in 2016 (hopefully lol)
    understood your point 100%, however congratulating a club on relying only from the so call elite programs -hmmmm! hasn't paid dividends thus far, maybe this year!
    Magic to win all 7 grades... your a crack up
    wish them all well in season 2016- looking forward to it

club in 2 years???
    which 1 is it Atown.

MT , I am more than happy to hold a conversation with you but only if it stays on football and does not go all silly (children tend to cry when this happens).

The 2 years I was referring to was in conjunction with a previous post that you made about 1 finals spot in that period of time . A post which you have taken down for some reason. (one would imagine an attempt to make your point look more worthy). Not cool, MT please keep our conversation in context with the points we are addressing please , which is difficult when posts vanish.

I have copied it and re-posted it for you here . Please see below

"WB
    buds do youth pretty well?
    please explain further- 1 team ( next year’s 15's) in 2 years make the top 4, THATS IT!
    As for developing and promoting Buds juniors into NPL...
    Famous words from Scribe
    "How many , not many, if any not many"

That aside your point though is noted MT and something I am sure the club is working hard to address as 1 finals spot in 2 years is not a great record.

As for the juniors , ZICO has addressed that point so no need for me to add to it.

You never did answer my question about you having any experience of trying to establish a competitive club in the NPL but that’s OK , we can move on from that.

If however you have then please get in touch with the club as more hands make lighter work !

Have a great day .
    Last edited by Atown; 07-01-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Sorry, I don't jump on here all that often but...Am I missing the point of NPL Youth or what???? Is the success of a clubs' youth system judged by the number of players they retain and develop for their senior club or how many final series / trophies the youth teams collect????
    Please enlighten me!
    Last edited by sancho_theswan; 07-01-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Atown you will find MT talks a good game but that's all it is talk.he avoids questions, has rarely anything positive to say and never does anything to improve things just complains

Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    Atown you will find MT talks a good game but that's all it is talk.he avoids questions, has rarely anything positive to say and never does anything to improve things just complains
    not at all IS! lol
    ATown, i have no experience in comittees, cooking bbq's etc to answer your question, i dont complain any more than any other person on forum.
    They are my opinions, like everyone else on the forum, hence why its a forum
    I hope that helps, a great job your doing!
    welcome back IS, i thought bears only hibernated in winter?