Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Women's Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by connery View Post
    I wouldnt even bother with goatcheese , a soccer mum from adamstown OT , she has a opinion on every subject and breaks down and analysis every comment when confronted , not one of her comments is constructive towards football, Sure does demoralizes this page , comon wallsend to silence the gloating cheese
    I just heard Hingston's heroes won 5-2 today against a top 4 team? Do we have a new favourite? I think there are plenty of people hoping to wake up the morning after the semi reading the headlines 'Devils put Buds through hell' throw the stats out the window! I wonder if Goatscheese will hold Hingston responsible for today's win. Surely not!

One would hope it stays the same , all the clubs this year look very stable and the competition has been the strongest it has for years , it looks like MNC struggled in 1st ,
    Rumors flying around about that merewether, adamstown, wallsend and southy are too close and theirs no room for New Lambton or Cookers in the comp to take it to 8 teams , has the bye been good for the clubs or not ?
    The Bye has been a good thing. Gives a week off for 1st grade during season to recover a bit, and certainly the parents of the U14-U16 girls have seemed to plan their weekends away around the bye weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Warners Bay don't need to worry the rule doesn't apply if all grades are still participating in the finals series.
    Well spotted. Just other clubs will have to be careful then, or if one or more of your teams loose in the semis. (Only applies to U14, U16 and U18)

In a division/league competition a player who has played in four (4) fixtures out of her last six (6) fixtures in the 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade (provided that she has not been named in the starting line up for a higher grade for that round) during the premiership competition is eligible to play in the respective 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade final series competition. Clubs may seek special dispensation no later than Wednesday before the final series fixture for a player who has participated in a minimum of 66% of her games in the 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade competition. The above rule is not applicable whilst all grades are still participating in the finals series.

One would hope it stays the same , all the clubs this year look very stable and the competition has been the strongest it has for years , it looks like MNC struggled in 1st ,
    Rumors flying around about that merewether, adamstown, wallsend and southy are too close and theirs no room for New Lambton or Cookers in the comp to take it to 8 teams , has the bye been good for the clubs or not ?
    Personally i would like to see Nelson Bay, or Swansea or Morriset added as the next club in if it was to be expanded. All have a good junior base in girls football and geographically it makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Personally i would like to see Nelson Bay, or Swansea or Morriset added as the next club in if it was to be expanded. All have a good junior base in girls football and geographically it makes sense...
    Morriset don't have any junior girls teams, all they have is an all age women's G grade team.

Swansea only have girls teams in C grade and their highest all age women's team plays E grade. We played them in trials last year when they were stronger and we were weaker and all the games were cricket scores. Our first grade team who finished last in WPL last year, won 25 nil and the junior games were cut short because the scores just blew out. One of the Swansea teams won the A grade comp the year before and they thought they would give us a run for our money, we reached double figures before halftime and called the game off ten minutes into the second half.

Nelson Bay at least have u14's and under 16's in B grade but no u18's. Their all age women play A grade but are dead last. They have the strongest female teams from the three clubs that you have suggested and would be my choice to come in if NNSW decided to expand. Personally I think the comp should stay as it is as there is not enough depth to warrant including another club in the comp.

[QUOTE=soccernut;159269]Morriset don't have any junior girls teams, all they have is an all age women's G grade team.
    QUOTE]

Sorry meant the Wildcats.

I agree to keep as is, but if it was expanded, then Nelson Bay or West Lake Macquarie geographically would make the most sense.

[QUOTE=late_to_the_game;159270]
    Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    Morriset don't have any junior girls teams, all they have is an all age women's G grade team.
    QUOTE]

Sorry meant the Wildcats.

I agree to keep as is, but if it was expanded, then Nelson Bay or West Lake Macquarie geographically would make the most sense.
    Wildcats don't have any junior girls teams and their all age women E grade team are dead last. There just isn't the numbers or quality players around to warrant adding another club into the WPL but if NNSW wanted to expand I agree Nelson Bay would be the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post

Wildcats don't have any junior girls teams and their all age women E grade team are dead last. There just isn't the numbers or quality players around to warrant adding another club into the WPL but if NNSW wanted to expand I agree Nelson Bay would be the best choice.
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe Westlakes have a 16s or thereabouts team (they did last year anyhow), and two All Age teams, both of which are in finals as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe Westlakes have a 16s or thereabouts team (they did last year anyhow), and two All Age teams, both of which are in finals as far as I know.
    coming 4th in C grade and 1st in H grade will unfortunately not cut it in the WPL

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    coming 4th in C grade and 1st in H grade will unfortunately not cut it in the WPL
    What about Mayfield ? Minor Premiers in A & B Grade

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    Wasn't saying it would mate. I don't claim to have any knowledge of the standard of the WPL or even really the girls teams at Westlakes. Was just responding to an incorrect statement.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeye View Post
    What about Mayfield ? Minor Premiers in A & B Grade
    This seems the most obvious, they also have a good group of people committed to promoting and supporting womens football.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    This seems the most obvious, they also have a good group of people committed to promoting and supporting womens football.
    Agree , 1st grade need to be competitive , is Col Blanch still coaching , he has wpl experience , the cookers would need to be closely looked at as well , nelson bay would not attract 1st players , they have the youth but its not enough to compete in all grades without qualified coaches
    Last edited by connery; 05-08-2016 at 04:33 PM.

What is the criteria everyone is using when identifying suggested clubs who might suit WPL?

There are 2 clubs in the city - Cookers and New Lambton - who have more females playing in the combined clubs than all of Lake Macquarie clubs combined - yet neither are in the WPL?

Surely, either or both would be a more sustainable option some of the suggested or current clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Pretty sure no junior teams.

Just ask Wallsend how much work they have had to put into their u14s and u16s.

The seniors you could get if you threw money at it. Not very sustainable though.

The point about the geographical positioning of clubs is that the WPL for NNSW is part of the elite pathway for girls. There are girls travelling from the bay to play, but it would be good if more girls from that area did not have to travel as far to compete.

The Cooks Hill and New Lambton girls can play for 5 different clubs without much travel.

The main issue (unlike the boys NPL) Is that a lot of girls dont want (or are not encouraged) to play at the highest level they can.
    I have even heard of one girl (the star player) being told that if she left the team, it would fold.....so she did not try out for a WPL junior team.

The quality girls are out there, but until we get them mosty into the WPL, the competition is not all it could be.

The best example of letting players go, for Merewether, is last years U14 WPL goal keeper Suzanna, who played this year with the Jets and has recently been to a selection camp for the U17 Matildas.
    What would she have missed out on if we had not pushed her forward, and out of the club....

I understand that Thornton U14s pushed a lot of girls into the Jets last year as well. It hurt them this year, if results are what is important to you.
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 06-08-2016 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    You should spend some time coming up with a comeback instead of this pitiful excuse. I'll take your deal because there is no way in hell Wallsend will make it to the grand final.
    Hey ahh Showbag, caught the Wallsend vs Atown game on the weekend after my game was washed out plus I wanted to support the Devils. A couple of points:

1. Wallsend did not show any signs of unhappiness. Especially when the full time whistle went and they were in front on the scoreboard.

2. Do you blame the coach for them playing a high standard of football.

3. Maybe Wallsend can get to the GF

4. Maybe you don't know everything

5. Finals are a new competition

6. Don't make up stories because you end up looking silly.

7. Go the Devils!!! 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes sorry your correct they have two all age women teams, C and H grade, the E grade team is a men's team. They have no junior girls teams and there is no way they would be able to get 4 teams to compete in the WPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    What is the criteria everyone is using when identifying suggested clubs who might suit WPL?

There are 2 clubs in the city - Cookers and New Lambton - who have more females playing in the combined clubs than all of Lake Macquarie clubs combined - yet neither are in the WPL?

Surely, either or both would be a more sustainable option some of the suggested or current clubs?
    Granted New Lambton and Cooks Hill have a lot of girls teams but they also have four existing WPL clubs in Newcastle where they can go and play if they are good enough. Warners Bay have 260 registered female players, which is more than any of the existing WPL clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Offside trap View Post
    Hey ahh Showbag, caught the Wallsend vs Atown game on the weekend after my game was washed out plus I wanted to support the Devils. A couple of points:

1. Wallsend did not show any signs of unhappiness. Especially when the full time whistle went and they were in front on the scoreboard.

2. Do you blame the coach for them playing a high standard of football.

3. Maybe Wallsend can get to the GF

4. Maybe you don't know everything

5. Finals are a new competition

6. Don't make up stories because you end up looking silly.

7. Go the Devils!!! 👍🏼
    Wallsend out played adamstown and everyone witnessed the quality , it was a quality game , sitting in the stands not far from both bench , it was appauling to watch the language from both adamstown coaches , the abuse towards the referee should have been noted and both sent from the field , I doubt they would have abused the ref if it was a male , Not Good For the Womens Game , when their plan of kick it to rhali didnt work, it really showed their inability to coach , its not the adamstown way and the club should tell the pair to pull their heads in