Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Women's Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    I fail to see how my notion is personal. I think Mark did a good job and any coach that has ever had a large squad that all want to be playing in the first 11 will tell you that it can be a battle keeping everyone happy and when you have unhappy campers the unhappiness can spread through the squad. Well done Mark & Wallsend on making it all the way to the Grand final.
    I didn't say it was, it appeared that some fly-in thought it was from their posts.

Where have Adamstown announced their trials - was not on their web site when I looked today.
    Found it!

Trials for Adamstown Rosebud JFC's Women's Premier League Teams will be conducted on the following dates; 18/9/16, 21/9/16 and 24/9/16.

These trials are conditional on ARJFC being accepted in to the NNSW Football Herald Women's Premier League Competition for the 2017 season.

All trials will be held at Adamstown Number 1 Oval and are Open Trials for 14 Girls, 16 Girls, 18's Women and First Grade Women.

Please note the following:

Prospective players are asked to register by emailing budswpl@hotmail.com by the 16/9/16. Players that have not played for Adamstown WPL previously need to include a brief footballing resume' when they register

When's the Merewether trails, late?

Thorton have also announced theirs, looks like they are waiting till after the school holidays

2017 Herald WPL Trial Dates

All Grades: U14, U16, U18 & 1st Grade

(Thornton Juniors Grounds)

Dates: Sunday 16th October – 10am – 12 noon

Tuesday 18th October – 6pm – 7.30pm

Sunday 23rd October – 10am – 12 noon

Tuesday 25th October 6pm – 7.30pm

If you would like more information on these trials or the WPL please do not hesitate to contact

Head Coach:

Alan Primmer – 0428672944 or alanp@aje.com.au

Assistant 1st Grade Coach:

David Redding – 0408688522 or trublu@netspace.net.au

Director Womens Football:

Michael Hurn – 0412987263 or michael.hurn@bigpond.com

Was actually waiting to see when Adamstown's were so that we don't clash.
    Dates should be out this week. Most likely 20th and 22nd Sept.
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 22-08-2016 at 11:05 PM.

NNSW Season Review Meeting coming up next Monday night.

If you have anything you want discussed - talk to your club rep, or post on here and I will probably ask on your behalf ;-)

[QUOTE=Goatscheese;160895]^This. This silly notion that it is somewhat personal is ridiculous at best there had been issues with the coach and his players in previous seasons and added to the above reasons is why I also thought they wouldn't go as well as they did. And up to the end it still wasn't all that unreasonable, they had had some players leave and also make it known about their unhappiness earlier in the season and had gone through 17 games without beating a side above them. All this bullshit about not knowing football if you don't predict correctly is ridiculous at best. How many football pundits predicted Leicester would go as well as they did last season?

Still going about players unhappy even after you tried to convince everyone Wallsend were 'no hope in hell of making the Grand Final'. After sitting there watching the Devils Give Atown a footballing lesson. Or as 'the great Adamstown coach' would describe it....a 36.5 out of 10, then watching them sing their victory song I'm still not sure where the sadness comes in! There's one of two things happening here.. Either you are the the head of The WPL helpline where all players unhappy can contact you and talk about how disappointed they are with their Coach or most likely scenario is once again you're talking rubbish. Unhappy teams don't win. Maybe it's the effects of Mad Monday or maybe you're just insane but Jesus have a bit of respect for a team and coach who finished like Usain Bolt!

Quote Originally Posted by Offside trap View Post
    Unhappy teams don't win.
    Is that why Wallsend didn't win? Kinda proves me right then.

a team and coach who finished like Usain Bolt!
    I don't recall Bolt spluttering at the end and coming second.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    NNSW Season Review Meeting coming up next Monday night.

If you have anything you want discussed - talk to your club rep, or post on here and I will probably ask on your behalf ;-)
    What are their intentions regarding teams for next year?

Nothing has been said, I assume they would have to call for expressions of interest if they were going to add any.

With what is going on in NPL land keeping them busy, i don't expect any changes.

It was a good year for the competition, I think most people would like to build on that without any changes.

100% agree, was hoping you could confirm for us.

Will know for sure Monday night!

Paging captain obvious....
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 25-08-2016 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Is that why Wallsend didn't win? Kinda proves me right then.

I don't recall Bolt spluttering at the end and coming second.
    Kinda proves you are a disgruntled mum that at one stage your daughter was benched and you cant get over it , Serouisly you lost a bet and your name is Showbags , or you are not a person of your word
    Of course out of shame you where not at the GF it was a good game of football , Wallsend did play a good game and showing such disrepect does highlight your poor character , it was a good day for WPL. For both clubs to make a GF after 2 yrs has only strengthen the competition is this not a good thing
    You probably have to look at our own club and the behind the scene turmoil that has happened in your administration this year , im sure other clubs are not judging and pointing as you do.
    The fact that only 1 player left on good terms to go back and play with her friend isnt that bad considering some clubs lost 2-3 players throughout the year,
    You need to focus on football and football issues not on individuals, take a look at late to the games his/hers posts are football related - just a thought on improving your game as

Quote Originally Posted by connery View Post
    Of course out of shame you where not at the GF it was a good game of football
    No I missed it, too busy celebrating one of the earlier wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    No I missed it, too busy celebrating one of the earlier wins.
    Nice , not suprised on your support of the WPL

A change in age grades.... why, why, why???

Cant work out what the age grades discussion will be. Cant add U12 as will clash with SAP.
    Dont want to drop any grades.
    Maybe change U18 to U20, or add U20?

Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Cant work out what the age grades discussion will be. Cant add U12 as will clash with SAP.
    Dont want to drop any grades.
    Maybe change U18 to U20, or add U20?

Who knows.
    Maybe NNSW are looking at adopting the NSW model

u13,u15,u17, reserve grade and first grade.

I dont know if clubs could support an extra team... what would everyone elses thoughts be on having a 5th age bracket?

My main issue with all of this is why we don't have these discussions in June or July.

Club have already planned trials, coaches etc.

It is like the problem in the NPL where clubs are trying to recruit coaches for next year, but they don't know what competition they will be in....

ACT WPL have 1sts, U20 and U18

Did not realize qld had done this: http://www.cornerflag.com.au/federat...r-footballers/
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 27-08-2016 at 07:59 AM.