Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Women's Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    Every Wallsend person that I was talking to today conceded that Warners Bay should have been leading by four or five goals at the break, the scoreline doesn't always reflect the game and its too early to call the comp yet,Wallsend did come back strong in the second half but they played most of the first half in their own half under enormous pressure, lets see where we are once everyone has had a bye.

There was some highly qualified coaches watching the game today and they said if this is first v last then the comp has come ahead in leaps and bounds. It was a great wrap for the competition coming from highly qualified and regarded coach's.
    We know it isn't really a 1st vs last game, but we will see if it does remain tight across all 7 teams as people (including myself) hope it will be or if a gap will emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    We know it isn't really a 1st vs last game, but we will see if it does remain tight across all 7 teams as people (including myself) hope it will be or if a gap will emerge.
    Warners BAY 5 Thornton nil in first grade and three draws in the other grades.

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    Warners BAY 5 Thornton nil in first grade and three draws in the other grades.
    Not sure if you are trying to prove my point or disprove it except that 1st grade may be 4 instead of 3 teams.

Anyway good to see the Bay get their first win of the season would've expected them to go batter against the buds, maybe next time.

Not sure if you are trying to prove my point or disprove it except that 1st grade may be 4 instead of 3 teams.

Anyway good to see the Bay get their first win of the season would've expected them to go batter against the buds, maybe next time.
    Nah, just saying first grade won 5-1 and our u18, u16 and u14 all had draws.

Merewether U16s looking for two backs. Have lost two girls to possibly season ending injuries. If you happen to run across any spares, send them our way ;-)

have seen South Wallsend have made 3 signings this week to boost their squad. this should add some steel to their team and improve their results and competitiveness
    seems there are still some players out there to be lured back and enticed to play again

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    have seen South Wallsend have made 3 signings this week to boost their squad. this should add some steel to their team and improve their results and competitiveness
    seems there are still some players out there to be lured back and enticed to play again
    Who were they?

Darcie Bell, erin wilson, amber neilson

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    Darcie Bell, erin wilson, amber neilson
    Couple of big names there. I'm not surprised Darcie left Thornton, she was dropped from 1st to 18's with the player taking her place not having the quality to play 1st grade. All comes down to who know you at the Redbacks I guess.

Glad to see that we've let the competition run its course instead of just running with the 'big 3' after the first two weeks.
    Apparently a pretty serious blow up from the mereweather coach after there capitulation in the last five minutes? Not good form considering the suspension of players, and reminder from northern about the code of conduct in the last few weeks in the npl for very similar things!

blow up at what?
    has someone been suspended in this comp recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnswf View Post
    Apparently a pretty serious blow up from the mereweather coach after there capitulation in the last five minutes? Not good form considering the suspension of players, and reminder from northern about the code of conduct in the last few weeks in the npl for very similar things!
    Are you going to enlighten us or just talk about something that has probably been beaten out of proportion.

From what I was told they had a request to make a sub denied in the final seconds, which lead to the final Warners bay goal. Once the whistle was blown she met the ref in the middle of the park where her displeasure of the situation was expressed rather loudly.
    We all get fired up in the heat of the moment understandably, just would be considering to see if anything happened considering the player suspension in the men's comp for basically the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Nnswf View Post
    From what I was told they had a request to make a sub denied in the final seconds, which lead to the final Warners bay goal. Once the whistle was blown she met the ref in the middle of the park where her displeasure of the situation was expressed rather loudly.
    We all get fired up in the heat of the moment understandably, just would be considering to see if anything happened considering the player suspension in the men's comp for basically the same thing
    What's the deal with that? There is no mention in the regulations that you aren't allowed to do it. Unless I missed it somewhere.

What's the deal with that? There is no mention in the regulations that you aren't allowed to do it. Unless I missed it somewhere.
    Quite simple, all subs are at the referee's discretion, and they may not have allowed the sub due to the player not being at halfway ready to go, no team official with them etc.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Quite simple, all subs are at the referee's discretion, and they may not have allowed the sub due to the player not being at halfway ready to go, no team official with them etc.
    Or that it was with less than 5 minutes to go. I've heard some refs try to use that excuse before.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    As it was First Grade all the referee had to do was allow the sub and add additional time taken for the substitution on to the additional time already played. People need to remember that additional time is added to cover injuries, substitutions and excessive time wasting and is solely at the discretion of the referee. Poor form if that was the case as a simple solution was available to the referee.

Not trying to bang on here, but found the statement from nnswf regarding talking to match officials in an npl program.
    'Players and match officials are reminded that nnswf has implemented a zero tolerance policy for anyone found guilty of abusing match officials. This includes all club officials both on and off the field. Loss of points may apply for infractions.

Nnswf also advises that under no circumstances should coaches, managers or club officials approach match officials at halftime or full time, on or off the field, to discuss events or incidents that have occurred during the match'

So what happened at Thornton Park today? A team that had only managed to beat the cellar dwellers and had even lost to South Wallsend managed to defeat the reigning champs?

Got a reason behind the shock loss late_to_the_game?

Lots a whispers that Sophie jones isn't going to be the only one looking for a way out of Wallsend. Was always going to be hard fitting so many players into 11 spots