Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Women's Premier League

Care to elaborate??

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    Care to elaborate??
    Well they have a squad over around 20. And they were all promised game time at the start of the year. But turns out you can only have 11 on the field at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnswf View Post
    Lots a whispers that Sophie jones isn't going to be the only one looking for a way out of Wallsend. Was always going to be hard fitting so many players into 11 spots
    I've heard a lot of the ex-jets players are disgruntled about the lack of game time and other unfilled promises from Hingston.

He may know that he will soon be losing players as he has offered a spot and free rego to Adamstown's 2015 top goal scorer when she returns to the country shortly. Wonder how much game time she has been promised as well.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 19-05-2016 at 11:31 PM.

greed will catch up to you

Looking like top 4 teams are pretty much well sorted going on form so far this season, just the final finishing order to be finalised with all spots up for grabs.
    Can definitely see a difference in the top teams when they have players unavailable though

Adamstown have to trip up (multiple times) to loose first. Don't think that is going to happen...

Anyone else upset that the grand final is being held out at Weston?
    Why is it that a mens NPL club, that is in the middle of no where, gets to hold the WPL Grand Final day?
    Why couldnt they let a club in the WPL host the day?
    Seems that NNSW once again are letting the NPL clubs be the beneficaries at the expense of the womens game. Surely a ground like The Gardens or Adamstown could host it. As they are in a central location and have a grandstand, this is a pretty ordinary decision from the federation

You are surprised by this?

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Adamstown have to trip up (multiple times) to loose first. Don't think that is going to happen...
    2 losses in a week for the buds.... still dont think its possible??

Even one of the side that wasn't in the 'big 3' earlier on doing the job on the weekend.

Will still be hard for anyone to catch Adamstown, but makes it interesting going into the finals knowing anyone is capable of beating the other side on there day

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    You are surprised by this?
    I'm surprised it isn't Magic Park, Northern usually like to give whatever they can to the club.

It is annoying that it is out at Weston, even less chance of getting people other than parents, players and family out to any of the games. Sometimes you have to wonder if Northern actually does give a shit despite their talk.

2 losses in a week for the buds.... still dont think its possible??
    Yeah and look who they have left, the three bottom teams no way will they lose to Thornton, Mid North or Southy.

So it's near the end of the season with 2 games left. Pretty sure at the start I said the quality for 7 teams across the board wasn't there yet I was consistently told that I was wrong and it would be a tight contest.

1st Grade: Even 4th spot is 10 points ahead of 5th and 12 ahead of 7th with a massive 41 point difference between 1st and 7th. As I said only a 4 team game, Wallsend did as I predicted and fell away and I'll still say because of Hingston. I do recall people saying that the high number of players he has will see them be contenders. Well done to Adamstown though they got a good coach and had a stronger team this year than last not to mention very few injuries.

U18: This one is a bit closer with 6 teams actually still in with a chance to play finals but the 7th team is 13 points of 4th and 26 of 3rd. The U18 side is probably the strongest of the four comps.

U16: 5 teams in this one as I predicted it wasn't going to be all that strong. Anyone who knows the WPL could've predicited that Adamstown would be dominant and comfortably finish first but even still there is a 12 point difference between 2nd and 5th. A 25 point difference between 2nd and 6th and a 32 point difference between 2nd and 8th. 8th has one point and well off the mark and to be honest the team they drew against is the only reason why the top four is yet to be decided.

U14: 9 point difference between 4th and 5th, 30 point difference between 1st and 7th, 19 point difference between 2nd and 5th. Again just four strong teams even 4th is 8 points behind 3rd.

I don't point out how weak the competition is to bag it, I point it out to 1) brag a bit about how I was right and 2) show that the competition isn't as strong as some people on here claimed it to be and that even 7 teams is almost too much.

This silly idea that the competition should go back to 8 is ridiculous, there isn't the quality in any of the grades to warrant 8 teams nor is there the quality of players wanting to come into the comp to warrant an 8th team. Northern being the amateurs they are will probably allow Cooks Hill or New Lambton in simply to say they have 8 teams in their WPL comp regardless of how strong the competition is.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    So it's near the end of the season with 2 games left. Pretty sure at the start I said the quality for 7 teams across the board wasn't there yet I was consistently told that I was wrong and it would be a tight contest.

1st Grade: Even 4th spot is 10 points ahead of 5th and 12 ahead of 7th with a massive 41 point difference between 1st and 7th. As I said only a 4 team game, Wallsend did as I predicted and fell away and I'll still say because of Hingston. I do recall people saying that the high number of players he has will see them be contenders. Well done to Adamstown though they got a good coach and had a stronger team this year than last not to mention very few injuries.

U18: This one is a bit closer with 6 teams actually still in with a chance to play finals but the 7th team is 13 points of 4th and 26 of 3rd. The U18 side is probably the strongest of the four comps.

U16: 5 teams in this one as I predicted it wasn't going to be all that strong. Anyone who knows the WPL could've predicited that Adamstown would be dominant and comfortably finish first but even still there is a 12 point difference between 2nd and 5th. A 25 point difference between 2nd and 6th and a 32 point difference between 2nd and 8th. 8th has one point and well off the mark and to be honest the team they drew against is the only reason why the top four is yet to be decided.

U14: 9 point difference between 4th and 5th, 30 point difference between 1st and 7th, 19 point difference between 2nd and 5th. Again just four strong teams even 4th is 8 points behind 3rd.

I don't point out how weak the competition is to bag it, I point it out to 1) brag a bit about how I was right and 2) show that the competition isn't as strong as some people on here claimed it to be and that even 7 teams is almost too much.

This silly idea that the competition should go back to 8 is ridiculous, there isn't the quality in any of the grades to warrant 8 teams nor is there the quality of players wanting to come into the comp to warrant an 8th team. Northern being the amateurs they are will probably allow Cooks Hill or New Lambton in simply to say they have 8 teams in their WPL comp regardless of how strong the competition is.
    I agree there is not enough quality players around in every age grade to justify an 8 club comp, 7 teams is probably to much as it was a real struggle for some clubs to get enough players in some age groups. If NNSW Football add another club just to make it an 8 team comp it would be a big step backwards. There has been some improvement in the comp as there has not been as many score blowouts this year compared to last year and the overall standard of play is better than last year. If NNSW insisted on adding another club they should look at Nelson Bay. There is already enough clubs in the inner Newcastle area, it would be crazy to add another club from that area.

with there already being a FMNC team in the comp, and NNSW potentially looking to add another, would it be too extreme to suggest getting a decent club from the central coast to participate in the comp?

with there already being a FMNC team in the comp, and NNSW potentially looking to add another, would it be too extreme to suggest getting a decent club from the central coast to participate in the comp?
    Or have a Central Coast Football team rather than just a club, they get trashed in Sydney but would be more competitive here. Only issue is that Central Coast Football falls under NSWF not NNSWF

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    I agree there is not enough quality players around in every age grade to justify an 8 club comp, 7 teams is probably to much as it was a real struggle for some clubs to get enough players in some age groups. If NNSW Football add another club just to make it an 8 team comp it would be a big step backwards. There has been some improvement in the comp as there has not been as many score blowouts this year compared to last year and the overall standard of play is better than last year. If NNSW insisted on adding another club they should look at Nelson Bay. There is already enough clubs in the inner Newcastle area, it would be crazy to add another club from that area.
    Nelson Bay may be alright they have had a strong girls program though a lot of these girls are currently playing in WPL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Or have a Central Coast Football team rather than just a club, they get trashed in Sydney but would be more competitive here. Only issue is that Central Coast Football falls under NSWF not NNSWF
    Central coast would be ok but they are in the NSW region. I would like to see Central coast come under NNSW but I doubt it will happen.

Nelson Bay would be my choice, they have the strongest junior teams outside WPL and are far enough away from the Newcastle teams.

Cessnock ? Cessnock were entering the proposed wzpl at one stage.

Musswellbrook ? Musswellbrook were also entering the proposed wzpl at one stage.

Tamworth ? long shot but they are in NNSW and have strong girls teams at state titles.

Goatscheese I'm pretty sure 4th means you're in the finals? Maybe maths not one of your strong points? The finals are a new competition everyone on zero. What happens up until now doesn't mean anything.

You're bragging about a guy who is about to take a men's club to the finals for the first time in 12 years not to mention the success he has had at many years coaching at Merewether. Womens football is growing in Newcastle and together the football community needs to support that. Jumping on here and bagging a coach is not going to allow that to happen. You've probably never coached in your life before champ! The only trophy you'll win this year is the one for biggest keyboard warrior.