Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Women's Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Merwether has not received any notification. One of the kids noticed and asked a question.
    Fair enough, I'm not surprised that Northern failed to notify you considering their past form but still shocked.

Entirely the committee's fault though considering it's a selection team one would think they would sure their entire squad was registered.

Keely gawthrop dropped to 'set an example'. For being 5 minutes late. To a game where non of these girls are being paid, at least not enough to warrant this! As if taking the captaincy away from her on arrival wasn't a way to put your star player offside being a new coach! This is a girl who helped keep that club together last year as they went through some coaching turmoil. The wisdom of Marc Hingston shining once again! Would there be any bookies willing to take a bet that he'll be gone from a third club in three years!?

Also there was word that a players father got up close and personal with Leon Davis after the game on the weekend!? Any witnesses to this round 2 fury?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnswf View Post
    Keely gawthrop dropped to 'set an example'. For being 5 minutes late. To a game where non of these girls are being paid, at least not enough to warrant this! As if taking the captaincy away from her on arrival wasn't a way to put your star player offside being a new coach! This is a girl who helped keep that club together last year as they went through some coaching turmoil. The wisdom of Marc Hingston shining once again! Would there be any bookies willing to take a bet that he'll be gone from a third club in three years!?
    5 minutes late to a game? Had the game started?

Also she is still Captain, though admittedly a co-captain. Did the club push back on Hingston?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    5 minutes late to a game? Had the game started?

Also she is still Captain, though admittedly a co-captain. Did the club push back on Hingston?
    From the way it's read it's as if she was 5 minutes late to the warm up.... A massive issue in local sports that one.

Unfortunately a very bad read and once again facts mixed up with what one would call unprofessional faceless propaganda, its a real shame but this is why many refuse to be part of this page , A player being late to a Game, no matter what position is held within in a team, needs to be acted upon, in any grade and any competition , This is Women's Premier league for a reason, Try this at the Jets youth (which are not paid either) and the door would be shown , Good on Wallsend for setting a example for all their players and hopefully to the competition, I am sure KG wont be going any where and will bounce back even stronger for Warners Bay.
    It was good to read Merewether cleared the fact that Marc was not sacked, and the fact is he moved on from South Wallsend, once again its a shame to read blatant lies for a coach well respected since the Women's Premier league started, the team he has put together this year show cases the ability he has to attract good players
    With most clubs going into the 3rd round now and starting to settle some what , It a appears Southy are in some turmoil , Hannah Brewer and the keeper connie osborne leaving is a major blow for any team, its fact from a good source they where not happy with the club, one must ask who's next , if more leave or injuries occur , I am sure Southy would be Wooden Spoon favourites

Quote Originally Posted by Stevieg View Post
    Unfortunately a very bad read and once again facts mixed up with what one would call unprofessional faceless propaganda, its a real shame but this is why many refuse to be part of this page , A player being late to a Game, no matter what position is held within in a team, needs to be acted upon, in any grade and any competition , This is Women's Premier league for a reason, Try this at the Jets youth (which are not paid either) and the door would be shown , Good on Wallsend for setting a example for all their players and hopefully to the competition, I am sure KG wont be going any where and will bounce back even stronger for Warners Bay.
    It was good to read Merewether cleared the fact that Marc was not sacked, and the fact is he moved on from South Wallsend, once again its a shame to read blatant lies for a coach well respected since the Women's Premier league started, the team he has put together this year show cases the ability he has to attract good players
    With most clubs going into the 3rd round now and starting to settle some what , It a appears Southy are in some turmoil , Hannah Brewer and the keeper connie osborne leaving is a major blow for any team, its fact from a good source they where not happy with the club, one must ask who's next , if more leave or injuries occur , I am sure Southy would be Wooden Spoon favourites
    Who is KG ?

If being 5 minutes late was a reason to be shown the door there would be no one left in those programs. Get a grip with the real world stevieg

Edit. This piece was left on the herald website 'not the World Cup champ...in fact it's only women's soccer. Coach needs a life. Drops the best player just to get his name in the newspaper. What a bloke!'
    Not to be so harsh but we are talking about a bloke who has the herald on speed dial, and talks about himself just as much as the girls. Any media publicity the girls get really should be positive. Instead of how great a coach is
    Last edited by Nnswf; 26-03-2016 at 08:32 PM. Reason: More info

Quote Originally Posted by Stevieg View Post
    A player being late to a Game, no matter what position is held within in a team, needs to be acted upon, in any grade and any competition
    Hence why I was asking for clarification, could've been training for all I knew.

This is Women's Premier league for a reason, Try this at the Jets youth (which are not paid either) and the door would be shown
    Something some parents and players need to learn. You want your player to have equal time with the best player that always rocks up to training go back to interdistrict.

Good on Wallsend for setting a example for all their players and hopefully to the competition, I am sure KG wont be going any where and will bounce back even stronger for Warners Bay.
    I hope you meant Wallsend and not Warners Bay.

It was good to read Merewether cleared the fact that Marc was not sacked, and the fact is he moved on from South Wallsend, once again its a shame to read blatant lies for a coach well respected since the Women's Premier league started, the team he has put together this year show cases the ability he has to attract good players.
    It's a shame what is written on here is different to what is said by the clubs in private. And I don't recall South Wallsend writing anything on here, I think it is well known amongst footballing circles exactly why the club would not sign on Marc again.

Now who is coming spouting what is it you called it? "facts mixed up with what one would call unprofessional faceless propaganda" don't spout drivel I don't know about Connie but I do know Hannah and she told me she was offered good money by a Sydney club and you can't fault her for chasing the coin. But good try on the bs Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnswf View Post
    If being 5 minutes late was a reason to be shown the door there would be no one left in those programs. Get a grip with the real world stevieg
    It also won't get any respect if clubs continue to allow the behaviour to continue.

Edit. This piece was left on the herald website 'not the World Cup champ...in fact it's only women's soccer. Coach needs a life. Drops the best player just to get his name in the newspaper. What a bloke!'
    Not to be so harsh but we are talking about a bloke who has the herald on speed dial, and talks about himself just as much as the girls. Any media publicity the girls get really should be positive. Instead of how great a coach is
    Suspiciously that was posted on the article around the same time you edited your post. In saying that it is hardly something the club should be promoting to the media and further humiliating the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    Who is KG ?
    Keely Gawthorp.

Keely Gawthorp.
    Yes,I know KG from Wallsend but when he said KG from Warners Bay it threw me with the Typo.

Merewether 1sts had a blinder today 7-0 over Thornton. Having said that not sure how many Thornton may have been missing.

Merewether are starting to play like they did last year.

14's had a win, 16's and 18s still a lot of work to do.

Merewether 1sts had a blinder today 7-0 over Thornton. Having said that not sure how many Thornton may have been missing.

What was the score in u16 and u18

18's lost 4-0 but actually played the best they have done so far. Thornton punished us when we messed up.
    16's 2-0 but this round is all about who has not gone away for Easter!

Big scores in 1st grade all round!

Were your juniors missing players as well? Would've expected better scores for the 18's and 16's.

I know it is only early days but it looks like the gap in first is starting to show, once again three strong teams with the rest to make up numbers. So much for a much stronger more competitive comp this year.

With one of the 'big 3' having a draw today with one of the 'lesser' sides would point towards the comp being stronger....

Competitions arn't won in April

I know it is only early days but it looks like the gap in first is starting to show, once again three strong teams with the rest to make up numbers. So much for a much stronger more competitive comp this year.
    Every Wallsend person that I was talking to today conceded that Warners Bay should have been leading by four or five goals at the break, the scoreline doesn't always reflect the game and its too early to call the comp yet,Wallsend did come back strong in the second half but they played most of the first half in their own half under enormous pressure, lets see where we are once everyone has had a bye.

There was some highly qualified coaches watching the game today and they said if this is first v last then the comp has come ahead in leaps and bounds. It was a great wrap for the competition coming from highly qualified and regarded coach's.

Give it a few more rounds, i think we will see the points get shared around once teams settle and get used to each other