Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Women's Premier League

agreed that the assistant was quite vocal for adamstown, but the coach didnt really say much. sitting in the stands behind the dugouts, i heard more concerning comments from the wallsend coach asking his players consistantly to give away cheap fouls on the adamstown players to slow the game down. surely this shouldnt be encouraged in the game

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    agreed that the assistant was quite vocal for adamstown, but the coach didnt really say much. sitting in the stands behind the dugouts, i heard more concerning comments from the wallsend coach asking his players consistantly to give away cheap fouls on the adamstown players to slow the game down. surely this shouldnt be encouraged in the game
    I must have sat beside you , a lot of young kids and families in the stand , vocal is a understatment , disgraceful is more fitting , not even close in comparison between both coaches , I didnt hear the wallsend coach , but watching the game their where more fouls by adamstown , slowing the game down with cheap fouls (if that was the case) is used by ever competition team , watching the A league their must be at least 20 cheap fouls a game , and probably twice as many in the local npl

Quote Originally Posted by connery View Post
    I must have sat beside you , a lot of young kids and families in the stand , vocal is a understatment , disgraceful is more fitting , not even close in comparison between both coaches , I didnt hear the wallsend coach , but watching the game their where more fouls by adamstown , slowing the game down with cheap fouls (if that was the case) is used by ever competition team , watching the A league their must be at least 20 cheap fouls a game , and probably twice as many in the local npl
    Chocolate soldier you must be related to Goatscheese. I sat behind the Wallsend bench where there was nothing but encouragement, not one word to the ref. There was a moment in the second half where Wallsend had to make a tactical foul. That's football it's 2016 everyone does it! Both the Adanstown coaches were guilty of foul language. If it was a men's Comp there would be fines and suspensions.

Hahahaha whatever champ

Hahahaha whatever champ
    Tipping Wallsend to come last in 1st and 18s ( as a few others did as well ) makes yours and others opinions personal not professional, and somewhat invalid
    Just read adamstowns match report , does reflex his attitude on the sideline , im sure the club and supporters wouldnt be happy with the representation he is giving

Goatscheese and soccernut predicted them to come last, not myself
    Seems you have a bit of an axe to grind / personal mission against the adamstown coaching staff and club....
    Either way, i would say the forum comments wouldnt mean anything

What was the score last night in the rescheduled semi?
    Good game?

What was the score last night in the rescheduled semi?
    Good game?
    Cracking game, 1-1. Good crowd, stand mostly full. Thanks to Adamstown Seniors for hosting it for us.

WB probably had the better chances, very dangerous on the break and at set pieces. They scored off a corner.
    Thought Merewether controlled the game for all but 20 minutes. (But i might be just a little biased...)

Leon up to his usual tricks attempting to coach the ref.

Saturday is going to be a doozy.
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 10-08-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Seems you have a bit of an axe to grind / personal mission against the adamstown coaching staff and club....
    Pretty sure everyone's against the Rosegrubs after the weekend! All aboard the Devils Bandwagon!!

True miss read on my behalf , it was the cheese etc , apologies given where due , nothing personal against the buds ,great club , just the pair of wallies on the side line

Yes I did pick them to come last but I want to clarify that I didn't pick them to come last because of their player quality or their coach. I picked them to come last because I thought they had chosen too large a squad and would have to many players to try and keep happy with so many players fighting for the few first grade positions, I thought it might cause internal problems that would bring the team down but it hasn't. Strat,Mark and the girls have done well and thoroughly deserve to be playing for honours.

Good luck to all the teams playing on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    Yes I did pick them to come last but I want to clarify that I didn't pick them to come last because of their player quality or their coach. I picked them to come last because I thought they had chosen too large a squad and would have to many players to try and keep happy with so many players fighting for the few first grade positions, I thought it might cause internal problems that would bring the team down but it hasn't. Strat,Mark and the girls have done well and thoroughly deserve to be playing for honours.

Not sure on the structure but yes good luck to all the teams , looking closely at the semis all the clubs are well represented , a 8th side would probably disrupt the league at this stage
    Teams in semis
    Warners bay 4
    Adamstown 3
    Merewether 1
    Wallsend 2
    Southy 2
    Thornton 2
    MNC 2

Not bad from all the clubs

Not sure on the structure but yes good luck to all the teams , looking closely at the semis all the clubs are well represented , a 8th side would probably disrupt the league at this stage
    Teams in semis
    Warners bay 4
    Adamstown 3
    Merewether 1
    Wallsend 2
    Southy 2
    Thornton 2
    MNC 2

Not bad from all the clubs

Where did everyone go? Especially those baging Marc.....
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 20-08-2016 at 09:03 PM.

With (i think) the top 4 u14 teams competing in the nnsw state titles on the 24th sept, after the 12th Sept (date trials can start), how are those clubs going to handle the trial process?
    You could end up with girls going to states that dont have a place for next season?
    Not a problem we have to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    In a division/league competition a player who has played in four (4) fixtures out of her last six (6) fixtures in the 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade (provided that she has not been named in the starting line up for a higher grade for that round) during the premiership competition is eligible to play in the respective 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade final series competition. Clubs may seek special dispensation no later than Wednesday before the final series fixture for a player who has participated in a minimum of 66% of her games in the 18’s, 16’s and 14’s grade competition. The above rule is not applicable whilst all grades are still participating in the finals series.
    So if you put one of your first graders on the 18s team sheet for the last 4 games, but she does not step on the field, (or does 2 minutes) and then is named as a substitute for 1st grade for those games, she would be elligible to play the finals?

If you know your 1st grade is not a chance, room to work the system?

Congrats to WB, they dont always play the best football, but they get the job done. (1-0).

Wallsend had a penalty saved in the first half that would have changed the game.
    Wallsend with a player sent off in the second half for second yellow.

The referreeing was not great, mostly due to inconsistent decisions. Briony (wallsend striker) will have to ice both ankles and calves. She was on the end of a lot of dubious challenges.

Thornton 18s with their best win of the season 8-1.

Adamstown 16s got the win they looked like getting all season, southy upset FMNC in the 14s.

Crowd pretty good, but down on last year at Magic park.
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 21-08-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Congrats to WB, they dont always play the best football, but they get the job done. (1-0).

Wallsend had a penalty saved in the first half that would have changed the game.
    Wallsend with a player sent off in the second half for second yellow.

The referreeing was not great, mostly due to inconsistent decisions. Briony (wallsend striker) will have to ice both ankles and calves. She was on the end of a lot of dubious challenges.

Thornton 18s with their best win of the season 8-1.

Adamstown 16s got the win they looked like getting all season, southy upset FMNC in the 14s.

Crowd pretty good, but down on last year at Magic park.
    Yes well done to Leon and his team good result from them.

No surprise the crowds were down, it is what happens when you move the grand final away from town. Not many people are going to drive all the way to Weston to watch the game(s) unless they have to.

Yes I did pick them to come last but I want to clarify that I didn't pick them to come last because of their player quality or their coach. I picked them to come last because I thought they had chosen too large a squad and would have to many players to try and keep happy with so many players fighting for the few first grade positions.
    ^This. This silly notion that it is somewhat personal is ridiculous at best there had been issues with the coach and his players in previous seasons and added to the above reasons is why I also thought they wouldn't go as well as they did. And up to the end it still wasn't all that unreasonable, they had had some players leave and also make it known about their unhappiness earlier in the season and had gone through 17 games without beating a side above them. All this bullshit about not knowing football if you don't predict correctly is ridiculous at best. How many football pundits predicted Leicester would go as well as they did last season?

With (i think) the top 4 u14 teams competing in the nnsw state titles on the 24th sept, after the 12th Sept (date trials can start), how are those clubs going to handle the trial process?
    You could end up with girls going to states that dont have a place for next season?
    Not a problem we have to deal with
    Adamstown have already announced their trail dates and they are before the state titles will be interesting how they handle that.

So if you put one of your first graders on the 18s team sheet for the last 4 games, but she does not step on the field, (or does 2 minutes) and then is named as a substitute for 1st grade for those games, she would be elligible to play the finals?

If you know your 1st grade is not a chance, room to work the system?
    That's exactly how you could work the system, would be a bit unfair on the U18 players but I guess it depends on the values and aims of the club. There was some talk amongst the spectators on the weekend that Thornton had done just that.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 22-08-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    ^This. This silly notion that it is somewhat personal is ridiculous at best there had been issues with the coach and his players in previous seasons and added to the above reasons is why I also thought they wouldn't go as well as they did. And up to the end it still wasn't all that unreasonable, they had had some players leave and also make it known about their unhappiness earlier in the season and had gone through 17 games without beating a side above them. All this bullshit about not knowing football if you don't predict correctly is ridiculous at best. How many football pundits predicted Leicester would go as well as they did last season?

Adamstown have already announced their trail dates and they are before the state titles will be interesting how they handle that.

That's exactly how you could work the system, would be a bit unfair on the U18 players but I guess it depends on the values and aims of the club.
    I fail to see how my notion is personal. I think Mark did a good job and any coach that has ever had a large squad that all want to be playing in the first 11 will tell you that it can be a battle keeping everyone happy and when you have unhappy campers the unhappiness can spread through the squad. Well done Mark & Wallsend on making it all the way to the Grand final.