Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Women's Premier League

Merewether - Warners Bay trials for 14's and 18s today.

14's 1-1, both teams missing players, but still a good test of preparations.

18's 2-0 to Warners Bay also a good game, again players missing.

From a Merewether perspective, happy with the results and what we learned.

Warners Bay teams looked like a merger of last years teams and Valentine.

Trials from today

Adamstown 14's vs Wallsend 14's... 5-2
    Adamstown 16's vs Wallsend 16's.. 10-0
    Adamstown 18's vs Killarney Vale reserves... 1-1
    Adamstown 1sts vs Killarney Vale 1sts... 4-0

Successful day for the buds

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    Adamstown 16's vs Wallsend 16's.. 10-0
    WTF? I do know Wallsend are looking for players for their 16's side.

Do you or anyone else know if they had a full complement of 16's or even all of their 16's? Or were a lot of their players away and it was filled in by 14's that had just played a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    WTF? I do know Wallsend are looking for players for their 16's side.

Do you or anyone else know if they had a full complement of 16's or even all of their 16's? Or were a lot of their players away and it was filled in by 14's that had just played a game?
    They only have the bare 11 u16 players registered so chances are they had a few u14's backing up.

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    They only have the bare 11 u16 players registered so chances are they had a few u14's backing up.
    Yeah fair enough, you have to wonder that with 1 less team in the comp this year, what happened to all the girls? Wallsend aren't the only team still looking Thornton held another lot of trails only recently.

Yeah fair enough, you have to wonder that with 1 less team in the comp this year, what happened to all the girls? Wallsend aren't the only team still looking Thornton held another lot of trails only recently.
    I can't beleive that Thornton are still looking foru14 girls, they are the only club in the Hunter Valley and its such a big growth areaI would say that it just proves that there is still not enough girls in the Newcastle area to supply four clubs, particularly with South Wallsend and Wallsend being so close they are basically competing for the same girls. South Wallsend are still putting feelers out for u16 girls as well.

Yeah, thats surprising about thornton.
    Imagine the chaos if they had of let New Lambton into the comp... some girls would be backing up and playing 2 games a day just to cover numbers.

I can't beleive that Thornton are still looking foru14 girls, they are the only club in the Hunter Valley and its such a big growth areaI would say that it just proves that there is still not enough girls in the Newcastle area to supply four clubs, particularly with South Wallsend and Wallsend being so close they are basically competing for the same girls. South Wallsend are still putting feelers out for u16 girls as well.
    I heard that Thornton did lose 4-5 of their U14's from last year to the EJ program but I would've thought that with their head coach being involved with Hunter Hawks and their 1st grade keeper also a coach at Hunter Hawks there would be a bit of a feeder system.

Hadn't heard about South Wallsend though I doubt it is just the area after all girls come from all over the city and surrounding areas to play. I know girls that live only minutes from the Warners Bay ground playing at clubs further afield.

I heard that Thornton did lose 4-5 of their U14's from last year to the EJ program but I would've thought that with their head coach being involved with Hunter Hawks and their 1st grade keeper also a coach at Hunter Hawks there would be a bit of a feeder system.

Hadn't heard about South Wallsend though I doubt it is just the area after all girls come from all over the city and surrounding areas to play. I know girls that live only minutes from the Warners Bay ground playing at clubs further afield.
    I think most players tend to stick within their area and junior club but some players decide to change clubs for various reasons and there is no doubt that some girls travel and choose to play for clubs some distance from their home. I know one ex Warners Bay Junior is playing at South Wallsend and another at Adamstown. There is one ex South Wallsend player and one ex Wallsend player that decided to play for Warners Bay this year, swings and roundabouts really.

Warners Bay got 5 of their girls into the EJ program this year, that's 12 Warners Bay girls currently in the Jets program.

Warners Bay has three u14 girls teams and the players are aware that some WPL clubs are still looking for players but they or their parents are not willing to travel to another area to play WPL. I think it is still important that WPL clubs need to have a big junior base so that if they lose players to other clubs they have ready made replacements.

I think most players tend to stick within their area and junior club but some players decide to change clubs for various reasons and there is no doubt that some girls travel and choose to play for clubs some distance from their home. I know one ex Warners Bay Junior is playing at South Wallsend and another at Adamstown. There is one ex South Wallsend player and one ex Wallsend player that decided to play for Warners Bay this year, swings and roundabouts really.
    Indeed some girls like to chop and change clubs but I don't think the Wallsend-South Wallsend thing should be an issue if players want to play in the WPL and they don't get into their club of choice then they can trail at other clubs. I should say I do know of a few junior girls that played last year (1 from Merewether, 2 from Adamstown, 2 from South Wallsend and 1 from Thornton) have lost interest and don't want to play this year for one reason or another which is another issue clubs will face. Not sure how many of the Valo girls from the junior grades gave up too but I don't think many of them were up for it.

Warners Bay got 5 of their girls into the EJ program this year, that's 12 Warners Bay girls currently in the Jets program.
    Good for Warners Bay to be able to spruik that.

Warners Bay has three u14 girls teams and the players are aware that some WPL clubs are still looking for players but they or their parents are not willing to travel to another area to play WPL. I think it is still important that WPL clubs need to have a big junior base so that if they lose players to other clubs they have ready made replacements.
    Maybe the players and parents know their daughters aren't up to WPL standard and or the girls would rather just play with friends. If the competition can continue to go from strength to strength and Northern can promote it as the top league for women and girls and get more enthusiasm to go for the level (like a lot of boys do with the YPL) then some of those better girls will be wanting to move into the league more.

Indeed some girls like to chop and change clubs but I don't think the Wallsend-South Wallsend thing should be an issue if players want to play in the WPL and they don't get into their club of choice then they can trail at other clubs. I should say I do know of a few junior girls that played last year (1 from Merewether, 2 from Adamstown, 2 from South Wallsend and 1 from Thornton) have lost interest and don't want to play this year for one reason or another which is another issue clubs will face. Not sure how many of the Valo girls from the junior grades gave up too but I don't think many of them were up for it.

Good for Warners Bay to be able to spruik that.

Maybe the players and parents know their daughters aren't up to WPL standard and or the girls would rather just play with friends. If the competition can continue to go from strength to strength and Northern can promote it as the top league for women and girls and get more enthusiasm to go for the level (like a lot of boys do with the YPL) then some of those better girls will be wanting to move into the league more.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Merewether - Warners Bay trials for 14's and 18s today.

14's 1-1, both teams missing players, but still a good test of preparations.

18's 2-0 to Warners Bay also a good game, again players missing.

From a Merewether perspective, happy with the results and what we learned.
    Just saw this, why didn't the 16s and 1st grade teams play?

Warners Bay teams looked like a merger of last years teams and Valentine.
    The 18's certainly are in fact mainly comprised of Valo's team from last year. They should be more of a force this year.

Results of the Adamstown trails today chocolate solider?

14's went down 2-1 to FMNC
    16's won 3-2 vs FMNC
    18's won 3-0 vs Gosford City
    1st Grade won 9-1 vs Gosford City

Just saw this, why didn't the 16s and 1st grade teams play?

The 18's certainly are in fact mainly comprised of Valo's team from last year. They should be more of a force this year.
    Warners Bay had a lot of u16's away and couldn't field a team and Merewether 1st grade were unable to form a team also due to player unavailability

Warners Bay u18's are 12 ex Valo players and 3 warners bay players.

Warners Bay u16's 10 warners bay juniors, 1 from south wallsend, 1 from korea and a two new to WPL

Warners BAY U14's 5 from warners bay, 5 from valo and 6 new to WPL
    Last edited by soccernut; 27-02-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Warners Bay had a lot of u16's away and couldn't field a team and Merewether 1st grade were unable to form a team also due to player unavailability

Warners Bay u18's are 12 ex Valo players and 3 warners bay players.

Warners Bay u16's 10 warners bay juniors, 1 from south wallsend, 1 from korea and a two new to WPL

Warners BAY U14's 5 from warners bay, 5 from valo and 6 new to WPL
    Thanks, interesting to know, how many Valo 1st grade players made the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    14's went down 2-1 to FMNC
    16's won 3-2 vs FMNC
    18's won 3-0 vs Gosford City
    1st Grade won 9-1 vs Gosford City
    Though hit outs for the juniors, would expect your team to convincingly beat one of the weaker CC teams.

Thanks, interesting to know, how many Valo 1st grade players made the switch?
    Three, Cassidy Davis, Nadia Squires and Toria Campbell.

I believe most of the Valo first graders went to South Wallsend and Wallsend.

Three, Cassidy Davis, Nadia Squires and Toria Campbell.

I believe most of the Valo first graders went to South Wallsend and Wallsend.
    Wow only three? I know a quite a few of the 1st graders didn't want to go over though no real loss for Warners they have a decent side, just needed direction last year.

Have Warners Bay U16 side had any trail matches yet? I've been told a few things but I don't believe it entirely.

Scores of thornton vs sth wallsend today?