Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1514

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Let us not forget that there were a large majority of fans who fapped over Michael Bridges taking the ball to the corner flag for a good few years there.
    It doesn't look great but still would prefer this than our players just booting it out over the sideline. Booting the ball it shows that you lack confidence in keeping the ball, if that's the case then you shouldn't be playing at this level.
    Bottom line is, if you keep the ball it is impossible for the other team to score.
    I just hope it was a one-off thing and it is not replicated again, especially at home.

Banned
    Take it to the corner.

Sucking the opposition into thinking you holding it in the corner.

Then skin the bloke and take the piss and go attack them

Gui has us in his sights, will we heed the warning?:

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/r...p1tgeae5p63ur8
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Keanu Moore thinks Bentleigh Greens better bet than Jets:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...tures/?cs=2439

And everyone wants Arnold:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...rnold/?cs=2439
    Would be interesting to see if he does jump ship and leave Shitney to go to Melb Shitty, one thing Shitty does need is a coach, van't Schitt isn't very good...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Would be interesting to see if he does jump ship and leave Shitney to go to Melb Shitty, one thing Shitty does need is a coach, van't Schitt isn't very good...
    You do talk a load of shitt!

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Keanu Moore thinks Bentleigh Greens better bet than Jets:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...tures/?cs=2439

And everyone wants Arnold:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...rnold/?cs=2439
    Moore would not be highly valued at A-league level and would struggle to get game time at the Jets. As such if he did squeeze into the squad it would be for the minimum amount of coin. For a VPL team he'd get regular game time and as such the demand for him would be greater and hence he would be paid well for his services. So of course it would be a better bet for Moore - although it also suggests he doesn't think he's good enough to make it as an A-league starter just yet. In typical Jets fashion though he'll be Socceroo within 18 months. [Yes I am joking]

As long as Arnold doesn't come to Newcastle he can go where he likes. He is unique though as in he gets results on the field but supporter numbers of the clubs he coaches decline rapidly die to the dour brand of football he delivers. Melb City have shit crowds as it is, why would they want to cut them in half ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He is unique though as in he gets results on the field but supporter numbers of the clubs he coaches decline rapidly die to the dour brand of football he delivers.
    the hell you smoking this morning Dunster? Gypo Arnie aint won shit.

edit: just checked back, he won a bunch of semi finals apparently but lost every grand final ever. Point stands, he's a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

So of course it would be a better bet for Moore - although it also suggests he doesn't think he's good enough to make it as an A-league starter just yet.
    I don't get that inference from the article at all. Sounds to me like he just wanted certainty about where he was playing next year. Looks to be good progression as well. If he impresses down there, he is sure to have more eyes watching him then he would playing well up here.

Good luck to the bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    I don't get that inference from the article at all. Sounds to me like he just wanted certainty about where he was playing next year. Looks to be good progression as well. If he impresses down there, he is sure to have more eyes watching him then he would playing well up here.

Good luck to the bloke.
    Dunster is saying the same thing in different words - he wants certainty about where he's playing so he's not going to take a gamble on possibly getting a Jets contract, implying he thinks he may not be ready yet, or at all. As you said the Vic NPL will be a step up in quality and exposure, its certainly not a sideways step.

Moore would not be highly valued at A-league level and would struggle to get game time at the Jets. As such if he did squeeze into the squad it would be for the minimum amount of coin. For a VPL team he'd get regular game time and as such the demand for him would be greater and hence he would be paid well for his services. So of course it would be a better bet for Moore - although it also suggests he doesn't think he's good enough to make it as an A-league starter just yet. In typical Jets fashion though he'll be Socceroo within 18 months. [Yes I am joking]

As long as Arnold doesn't come to Newcastle he can go where he likes. He is unique though as in he gets results on the field but supporter numbers of the clubs he coaches decline rapidly die to the dour brand of football he delivers. Melb City have shit crowds as it is, why would they want to cut them in half ?

This Moore kid came for 5min, saw the circus that the Jets are and got the hell out of here, best move the kid could have ever made.

As for Arnie, yeah sure ex-gypo and all that but best coach in the a-league and we don't want him here, WTF???

Instead some are tooting for Millers return for what, getting us into 8th or whatever it was by playing the rubbish he did week in, week out.

And now we have the tactical maestro Jones steering the ship who got lucky with a troubled Roar and poor Glory and his mates from the Herald are still backing him.

We're on target this year to have 6-8 wins with the Muppet and Clown running the circus... and we still don't want Arnie, FMD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft11 View Post
    This Moore kid came for 5min, saw the circus that the Jets are and got the hell out of here, best move the kid could have ever made.

As for Arnie, yeah sure ex-gypo and all that but best coach in the a-league and we don't want him here, WTF???

Instead some are tooting for Millers return for what, getting us into 8th or whatever it was by playing the rubbish he did week in, week out.

And now we have the tactical maestro Jones steering the ship who got lucky with a troubled Roar and poor Glory and his mates from the Herald are still backing him.

We're on target this year to have 6-8 wins with the Muppet and Clown running the circus... and we still don't want Arnie, FMD!!!
    It's got nothing to do with the state of the Jets. It's about the kid not backing himself to get a starting role at the Jets and preferring to play in the VPL for a year, and then try to get to the next level.

With respect to Arnold. I'd rather miss out on the top six than lose a grand final after being two goals ahead at the 87min mark.

It's the biggest failure in A-League history and far worse than winning a wooden spoon.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 15-12-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    It doesn't look great but still would prefer this than our players just booting it out over the sideline. Booting the ball it shows that you lack confidence in keeping the ball, if that's the case then you shouldn't be playing at this level.
    Bottom line is, if you keep the ball it is impossible for the other team to score.
    I just hope it was a one-off thing and it is not replicated again, especially at home.
    It's like people saying that if you get hit by a bowler in cricket or a pitcher in baseball then your not good enough to bat at that level. Ridiculous. Kicking the ball out runs the clock down and it allows the defence to be set. It has nothing to do with confidence. It's about percentages and risk.
    If a team was good enough to never lose the ball then they'd never be at risk of losing anyway and hence wouldn't need to protect a lead. That team does not exist - at any level.

It's got nothing to do with the state of the Jets. It's about the kid not backing himself to get a starting role at the Jets and preferring to play in the VPL for a year, and then try to get to the next level.

With respect to Arnold. I'd rather miss out on the top six than lose a grand final after being two goals ahead at the 87min mark.

It's the biggest failure in A-League history and far worse than winning a wooden spoon.

Which kid in his right mind would back himself at Stardust Circus FC, aka Jets, c'mon?

Hoole can't shoot, can't cross, can't take free kicks, can't stay on his feet and can't score to save his life yet because he's a local he's got an advantage over Moore and anyone else... just my opinion but going by evidence that's how it is.

Don't forget Arnold let Hoole go because he "couldn't finish" and was "uncoachable"

I'd rather have Arnold here than some of the pretenders fans bow to, instead we're are dealt a deck full of Stubbins', Miller' and Jones' until Mr Lee pulls his finger out and gets this club headed in the right direction.

In the end if Mr McKinna had some balls he would have done the right thing and got us a decent coach not some his bumchum mate.

But there's always next year ay?

Banned
    Which kid in his right mind would back himself at Stardust Circus FC, aka Jets, c'mon?

Hoole can't shoot, can't cross, can't take free kicks, can't stay on his feet and can't score to save his life yet because he's a local he's got an advantage over Moore and anyone else... just my opinion but going by evidence that's how it is.

Don't forget Arnold let Hoole go because he "couldn't finish" and was "uncoachable"

I'd rather have Arnold here than some of the pretenders fans bow to, instead we're are dealt a deck full of Stubbins', Miller' and Jones' until Mr Lee pulls his finger out and gets this club headed in the right direction.

In the end if Mr McKinna had some balls he would have done the right thing and got us a decent coach not some his bumchum mate.

But there's always next year ay?
    This bloke is a str8 shooter

Like the cut of his jib

Also, if his username is anything to go by he is rather tall

Trustworthy tall person. Someone we can all look up to

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Also, if his username is anything to go by he is rather tall

Trustworthy tall person. Someone we can all look up to

6ft and 11inches, thats two separate measurements.

friends-with-midgets-eric-cartman-29506747-499-448.jpg

Made me think of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

MFKS multi ?

No one cares about your outdoor hoop or your vertical leap bruv.