Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1514

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    For what???

Training??
    Yoof games??

Because if the plan is to go back to Breakers Stadium then the club needs its head read unless Ledman is planning on building us a proper ground out there
    What I have heard is that the plan is for,

- Training Base
    - NPL Youth home ground
    - Preseason Games
    - FFA Cup games (so one a year)
    - Office
    - Shop

Regular season to be at Hunter Stadium.

For what???

Training??
    Yoof games??

Because if the plan is to go back to Breakers Stadium then the club needs its head read unless Ledman is planning on building us a proper ground out there
    maybe before flying off the handle - you might try reading the article that answers all of your questions.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/41...base-i-photos/
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

I think as a training ground and headquarters it may be OK, but I'm not nostalgic for the old days, no parking, no viable public transport, marshland and mozzies, probably totally unsuitable to expand the site due to no parking and surrounded by swampland, in reality it could only ever be a makeshift base
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

For what???

Training??
    Yoof games??

Yes, they are thinking about it becoming a training base, youth and women's home ground.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    maybe before flying off the handle - you might try reading the article that answers all of your questions.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/41...base-i-photos/
    But where's the fun in that?

Like most on here, I'm no professional football coach, but I'd have thought they'd need more fields to train with.

Even watching few sessions at Ray watt, they clearly use two fields.

I think a home add they own would be fantastic, but one field just doesnt seem enough

Once you remove the dog track and turf it, there is a lot of extra space that opens up. Probably not two full pitches though.

----edit----

Just took a few dimensions of six maps, you could put two pitches in there running eats/west is they went to the outside extremities of the dog track. It would be tight, but it could happen.
    Last edited by sammydog; 29-08-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Like most on here, I'm no professional football coach, but I'd have thought they'd need more fields to train with.

Even watching few sessions at Ray watt, they clearly use two fields.

I think a homebase they own would be fantastic, but one field just doesnt seem enough

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Once you remove the dog track and turf it, there is a lot of extra space that opens up. Probably not two full pitches though.

----edit----

Just took a few dimensions of six maps, you could put two pitches in there running eats/west is they went to the outside extremities of the dog track. It would be tight, but it could happen.
    So what do they do when it floods, like March/April?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    So what do they do when it floods, like March/April?
    Artificial turf it then

Should train at Dudley. 100 years of liniment soaked into the turf gives it a particular kind of reek

Kom igjen vikinger

VJ! how's the paddlesteamer plan going?

Anyone a bit older remembers there used to be two fields there before the NSL days - no doubt they can add another. Never known it to be flooded despite where it is.

Possibility for a 5000 capacity ground with a training field added. Has a club, bar, restaurant and offices. Sounds great for a base and smaller games. Parking a bitch but again you can get by for those smaller games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Anyone a bit older remembers there used to be two fields there before the NSL days - no doubt they can add another. Never known it to be flooded despite where it is.

Possibility for a 5000 capacity ground with a training field added. Has a club, bar, restaurant and offices. Sounds great for a base and smaller games. Parking a bitch but again you can get by for those smaller games.
    It was ~1m under earlier this year matey.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    It was ~1m under earlier this year matey.
    I've seen Suncorp 1m under as well, and Speers Point for that matter - shit happens. I'm sure they can engineer it for minimum effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I've seen Suncorp 1m under as well, and Speers Point for that matter - shit happens. I'm sure they can engineer it for minimum effect.
    Plus, if/when it is under 1m of water, not many other venues would be usable in those conditions anyway.

As a training base, preseason, NYL and FFA game venue, I don't see an issue with it. Not sure how they could fit a second pitch and still have a hill on three sides though which you would need for any games there.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

----edit----

What's a planner doing using SIX maps?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Finally constructed. It's the financial platform Martin needs to fund the club.

I'd rather the club use some common sense and look to places like district park, enough open space and much closer to the stadium, with available commercial spaces near by for a small office. Hunter Venues had grand plans to transform the area surrounding the stadium, create a home there where it is central, has parking and has public transport access nearby.

Apart from that idea, look to the city centre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Spot on Pico. Buy the tenzo too, have a homebase for fans close to stadium.