Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

mariners continue to sell their soul.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spor...28-goh67v.html

It will be revealed on Friday the Central Coast Mariners will play Wellington Phoenix at Canberra Stadium later this year in the first regular-season fixture in the capital since 2009.

The Mariners' deal, which has been mooted since December last year, will take advantage of Canberra's new link to Wellington via the start of international flights to New Zealand.

gyppos worried Austin is apparently heading for Adelaide next season, probably their best prospect and won't make a cent outta him
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Aaron Hughes, James Brown, Jason Trifiro, Marc Marino and Wade Dekker have all been released

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/t...01ra1qgvlsh5ji

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Aaron Hughes, James Brown, Jason Trifiro, Marc Marino and Wade Dekker have all been released

No, no, no, no and no.

Agh what exactly is wrong with Marino?

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Agh what exactly is wrong with Marino?
    He will end up back in Adelaide, I reckon. He was hugely hyped, great prospect then did his knee last year, so I imagine that (and City's big money signings) are reasons why he has disappeared.

*edit* didn't realise he was back in the City squad in April. Over 2 years with them, he's played 3 hours of first team football and has 2 goals. At 19, I wouldn't mind him joining us.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    He will end up back in Adelaide, I reckon. He was hugely hyped, great prospect then did his knee last year, so I imagine that (and City's big money signings) are reasons why he has disappeared.

*edit* didn't realise he was back in the City squad in April. Over 2 years with them, he's played 3 hours of first team football and has 2 goals. At 19, I wouldn't mind him joining us.
    We need 3 U20s contracted so could be worth a go on minimum wage. I thought Dekker looked ok when I saw him too. We are massively light on up front apart from Nobby, Pav is awful so I would accept Dekker as depth on minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    We need 3 U20s contracted so could be worth a go on minimum wage. I thought Dekker looked ok when I saw him too. We are massively light on up front apart from Nobby, Pav is awful so I would accept Dekker as depth on minimum wage.
    Dekker is 22.

Marino already back in Adelaide, apparently.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...59d6043412b2a5

Mitch Austin also to Adelaide?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Dekker is 22.
    I meant Marino as the U20. I would happily take Dekker for depth regardless

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    I meant Marino as the U20. I would happily take Dekker for depth regardless
    Ah, gotcha.

We've got Brennan and Pav, we'll be fine, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    No, no, no, no and no.
    Would take Glen in an instant but Jason... eh
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

Wade Dekker is worth a trial, better than Pav and can still improve a fair bit at 22. Get him in for a week on trial and if he's not good enough for us it would probably still boost his chance of singing with someone else.

Nice guy Jets doing a young kid a solid whilst doing some easy scouting.

Preparing for the barrage of "local youth over anyone else better! Cause once upon a time Steven Gerrard helped build Anfield as a 3 yr old girl and then became the greatest human to ever live and i wish he'd hump me when he retires here in 3 years time and plays for Sydney at the age of 82...."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Preparing for the barrage of "local youth over anyone else better! Cause once upon a time Steven Gerrard helped build Anfield as a 3 yr old girl and then became the greatest human to ever live and i wish he'd hump me when he retires here in 3 years time and plays for Sydney at the age of 82...."
    I'm pretty sure the majority here have finally seen that 'local youf' aren't up to par to be A league players any time soon. They cant even compete in the national premier league let alone compete with the big boys in the a league. Until they can beat NPL convincingly every week they wont get a look in. Simple.

Banned
    **** Dekker

Why you blokes talking seriously about signing other blokes ****ing trash??
    If we need young blokes go sign the best we can

If we need players go sign the best we can

If we need someone cheap get Kitto back

The bloke is better than Pav and Brennan and laid a Gypo out within 60 seconds FFS

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    **** Dekker

The bloke is better than Pav and Brennan and laid a Gypo out within 60 seconds FFS
    Good reality check Member, why would we release Kitto and then sign Dekker or Marino???
    Considering we also released Lundy based on 2 seasons where he was given about 2 hours of football, why the fark as Member says would we sign other blokes (or clubs) trash???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    **** Dekker

Valid points Member, however I very much got the impression that Kitto left as much as he was let go.
    Melbourne City already don't seem like a club willing to give youth a chance, so failing there isn't really a sign of a bad player. We played this season with no actual striking backup from round 2 last year until we signed Nobby mid season, a trial for a young quick striker like Dekker isn't the end of world.
    Every single team is the HAL signs rejects from other teams and the good teams turn them into better players.. Look at Wanderers/Roar/Adelaide... We have a small pool of talented Australian players to fill spots. We only have 3 visa spots available and we can't fill every position with strong imports, we may need options off the bench that aren't fashionable signings. Guys like Lustica, La Rocca and Haliti are boring uninspiring signings that every good teams needs to make to help out through the year. Players like Dekker/Kitto/Kamua/Clut are cheap gambles that can really help out when they pay off. Borrello and Austin were cheap young roughies that performed well this year.

Chillout, we still have plenty of time to find some import signatures, but the local signings may as well be done early so that they can sort themselves out early and bed in early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

So NHRU dramas fielding unregistered players...clubs being banned from playing...hang on.....shouldn't they ban the unregistered players for 12 months??????

Sydney and wsw to play arsenal in july

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...a-league-sides

be better if it were against the new champs Adelaide...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...