Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I love when sarcasm is missed on the Internet
    It's hard to know what's really going on with this joint at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    You don't know the half of it my brother.....

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yeah but I heard Perth are still planning on spending up big on their foreigners as well

So they add Chris Herd Rhys Williams and Judas who are all Soccerroos to a side full of salary cap

They release 5 players

Some **** do the maths

But to me it ain't adding up

The FFA salary cap audit should be interesting as I would imagine the Smurfs and Tards be blowing up deluxe asking questions as to how they can put together a roster like this and stay under the cap
    Zads was on mega money here and continued at Perth. His retirement freed up alot of cap space.

Most of Perth big signings have been matched with big departures. Just people don't notice.

I wouldn't assuming Herd, Taggs and Williams are on big salaries. Herd's career has gone to the shitter and Williams and Taggs have been perma-crocked the last 2 years. Can't discount that these are 3 WA born players who have gone through 2 very rough years and just want to return home to try and recapture some form.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Zads was on mega money here and continued at Perth. His retirement freed up alot of cap space.

Most of Perth big signings have been matched with big departures. Just people don't notice.

I wouldn't assuming Herd, Taggs and Williams are on big salaries. Herd's career has gone to the shitter and Williams and Taggs have been perma-crocked the last 2 years. Can't discount that these are 3 WA born players who have gone through 2 very rough years and just want to return home to try and recapture some form.
    Tend to agree.

Shame for Rhys Williams, he was a very good Socceroo for a few years.

Interesting to see whether the Jets actually make a play or let him go to a rival Aussie side with ease like they did with Judas going to Perth
    I'd take Brillante back for sure. There cap room and he's a solid performer with versatility.

the foz is now self-aware, the scorching hot takes have pushed us to fozmageddon

Yeah, it's clearly the off-season.

I hope the FFA announce a new owner soon to distract everyone for a few days.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I hope the FFA announce a new owner soon to distract everyone for a few days.
    Distract?

geez I'm already getting supplies into the bomb shelter. this place is gonna be lit.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the foz is now self-aware, the scorching hot takes have pushed us to fozmageddon

Yep, happens every off season to stave off boredom keeps peeps on the toes

So Miller is off overseas, in particular the Scandanavian countries, with the Jets set to announce a visa player signing shortly.

Newcastle Jets: Coach Scott Miller heads to Europe on recruitment drive

JAMES GARDINER
    May 10, 2016, 11:59 a.m.

COACH Scott Miller is close to signing a European-based attacker and expects to have all bar one or two places on the Jets roster filled when the squad assembles for pre-season training on June 27.

“We anticipate an announcement next week with regards to a player from Europe in the front third,” Miller said.

Talks are continuing with a number of Australian-players, but Miller dismissed speculation the club had made a play for released Wanderers winger Romeo Castelen, who he believed was headed to Melbourne City.

They have also been linked to James Holland.

Miller leaves this week for Europe on a recruitment mission but will hold off on filling the final two visa positions until the ownership situation is finalised and he has been given a budget.

“I don’t want to shop before I know my budget,” he said. “I am very patient with that. I will be spending a couple of weeks in Scandinavia and visiting Bromby and Copenhagen. Our contacts there are good. I like that area of the world and the quality of the players they produce. The players commence pre-season on June 27. Hopefully we will have all of our squad, maybe bar two visa spots, in and looking to prepare.”

The Jets, who finished 11 points out of the six in eighth place, have 15 players contracted for next season and Miller said, depending on the budget, they would most likely run with a squad of 21.

“If I can get a higher quality player in we will run with a squad of 21 or 22,” he said.

One of the additions is likely to be a keeper, with Mark Birighitti almost certain to head overseas.

Ben Kennedy is expected to get first shot at reclaiming the No.1 spot, but Liam Reddy could also be an option after the 34-year-old was this week released by Western Sydney Wanderers.

Former Jets midfielder Josh Brillante is understood to considering a return to the A-League and has been in talks with Sydney FC and Western Sydney.

The 23-year-old fringe Socceroo left the Jets for Italian Serie A club Fiorentina at the end of the 2013-14 season and has been on loan at Serie B club Como.

The Jets had their final training session for the season on Monday. The will break for six weeks but have been given off-season programs to follow.

“We have set benchmarks and expectations for next season with the view to the opposition and where we need to be at,” Miller said.

“Furthermore the medical and fitness staff have put together an off-season program that is quite comprehensive. I think they will be working fairly hard.”
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/38...-drive/?cs=306

So, has Nordstrand put Miller onto someone he's played with before?

I also wonder whether this is like Phil Stubbin's ill-fated European trip last year before he parted ways with the club?

A few names linked in the article too, but there's no surprise there with the players linked. If you read this forum you could have come up with those names. I find it interesting that we are going to run with a squad of 21. I assume that's not including the 3 youth players because we have to have a minimum squad of 23, don't we?

Banned
    If Millertime is getting the arse when our new Chinese Overlord takes the reigns it be rather stupid of the FFA to be funding let alone encouraging the trip

That being said it is the FFA so logic goes out the window

That being said I would hazard a guess that Millertime and Lee have been talking and know what going on a bit more than us plebs

Also if Lee wants Millertime out be pretty stupid of him to allow him to go make signings right now when the ones signing off on them are the people he negotiating with and he could easily tell them to back off on that front until the deal is done

If Millertime is getting the arse when our new Chinese Overlord takes the reigns it be rather stupid of the FFA to be funding let alone encouraging the trip

That being said it is the FFA so logic goes out the window

That being said I would hazard a guess that Millertime and Lee have been talking and know what going on a bit more than us plebs

Also if Lee wants Millertime out be pretty stupid of him to allow him to go make signings right now when the ones signing off on them are the people he negotiating with and he could easily tell them to back off on that front until the deal is done
    This is where my head is at too. The FFA, you would assume, aren't going to fund a trip overseas if Miller isn't going to be around next year.

This is a good post

So Miller is off overseas, in particular the Scandanavian countries, with the Jets set to announce a visa player signing shortly.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/38...-drive/?cs=306

So, has Nordstrand put Miller onto someone he's played with before?

I also wonder whether this is like Phil Stubbin's ill-fated European trip last year before he parted ways with the club?

A few names linked in the article too, but there's no surprise there with the players linked. If you read this forum you could have come up with those names. I find it interesting that we are going to run with a squad of 21. I assume that's not including the 3 youth players because we have to have a minimum squad of 23, don't we?
    Min squad is 20, max is 23.

Within that squad you are required to have at least 3 Players who 23 or younger as of 31 December in the competition year, ie, 31 Dec 2016 for the 16/17 season.

We already have Clut, Jackson, Cowburn, Pavicevic and cooper

Within that squad you are required to have at least 3 Players who 23 or younger as of 31 December in the competition year, ie, 31 Dec 2016 for the 16/17 season.

Thankyou

Banned

Not to mention we are also obliged to have 3 blokes on Yoof contracts.
    Judging by the farce the Jets Yoof team is I struggle to see where they coming from unless we recruit in from outside.

Can see Cameron Joice getting 1 spot and that is down to him coming from the AIS rather than performance but the other two???

FMD as no one is deserving

http://www.a-league.com.au/about/sal...n13oyz89nari1m
    Unless the rules have changed this year it states 3 players required under the age of 20 not 23 which I believe at this stage we have nil.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/39...eason/?cs=2439

We won't have to argue how much they are on then I guess - though I wonder how many will be understated by leaving additional payments FFA don't know about out...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/39...eason/?cs=2439

We won't have to argue how much they are on then I guess - though I wonder how many will be understated by leaving additional payments FFA don't know about out...
    They can't do that. Doing so would kill a good 60% of the speculation on this forum.

Won't somebody please think of the forum?

Banned
    They can't do that. Doing so would kill a good 60% of the speculation on this forum.

Won't somebody please think of the forum?

I see great potential here not loss of discussion matter

We can then start argueing about how we were stupid enough to sign so and so for 140k and he ain't half the player club x signed so and so for.

Biggest loser for this will be the players when the fans know someone is on 140k a year and playing like a buseted arse and start getting on their back