Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Great slogan brah.

Doesn't really have anything to do with my point though.
    Could you ellaborate on your point then? You said the club shouldn't give a shit about what we as ticket holders think. Ultimately fans are where the revenue comes from. It would seem to me a pretty poor business decision to not give a "shit" about what we think.

tbf the majority of the money comes from the telly deal, i can't see our memberships/ticket sales even covering the venue hire

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Could you ellaborate on your point then? You said the club shouldn't give a shit about what we as ticket holders think. Ultimately fans are where the revenue comes from. It would seem to me a pretty poor business decision to not give a "shit" about what we think.
    In the area of signings/wages etc no they don't care what you think.
    Nor should they.

95% of the other stuff they don't care either, but at least they make a token effort to pretend they do, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    My gripe is more with Carney on the park and the way he conducts himself. Yes he has some talent. Yes he is one of the best players at our club.
    He though doesn't represent himself as passionate for the shirt and the club and the fans enough.

He is the one bloke who looks like he couldn't care less about the club and that grates me big time.
    He doesn't even give the perception he gives a **** at times
    To be fair we are talking about the club (Jets) who froze him out of the playing squad for a season approaching the end of his career.
    The fact that he stuck around and ran around for us this season to see out his contract suggests more than your impressions for me.

G

does he really run though to be fair he walks most of every game and pulls out of challenges but we do need to keep him cause no one else can score or create goals atm

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Eland did not cover himself in any glory either with his quotes. Typical agent mentality and not much better from Eland. For a bloke who is meant have plenty of business acumen going for him he certainly let himself down with his comments. There is probably plenty of truth to Elands comments but some things are better thought than said. Bloke showed a poor choice of words.

Like Carney or not the last thing we need is one of our better performers dropping his bundle because our CEO and the player agent are having a spat in the media.

You know the old say'n , arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.

Eland has had a shocker in regards to this situation.
    agreed, Eland embarrassed himself and the club with those comments.

amateur hour again at Jets hq.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

What did Eland say?? thing about no contact from the middle east regarding Carney

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    does he really run though to be fair he walks most of every game and pulls out of challenges but we do need to keep him cause no one else can score or create goals atm
    The "atm" above is the key. Right now, he is critical to success on the park. But if the coaching staff believe, like I do, that for the $230k per annum they are paying David that they can find at least 2 players of similar ilk then it seems like a no-brainer.

If carney was on or would accept a deal for around $150k, I'd say keep. But there's no way an aging player like himself is going to cop less than what he is on for what will most likely be his last contract as a player.

Yeah and the most annoying thing is Carney's faults really tick people off i mean professional player with no weak foot at all but the team cant survive without him fingers crossed he resigns for realistic fee

Yeah and the most annoying thing is Carney's faults really tick people off i mean professional player with no weak foot at all but the team cant survive without him fingers crossed he resigns for realistic fee
    Have you seen him use his right peg? Laughs-a-plenty

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Have you seen him use his right peg? Laughs-a-plenty
    no nope he doesnt have a right foot so he cant use it

Death to all Riise haters. That includes all those plastic flag waving Cockney tossers.

Liverpool Legend > Blackpool Reject.

But hey if Carney wants to stay a Jet then I'm happy to give him a 2 year contract, reduced by about $100,000 a year then what he is currently getting.

Oh and hurry the f up David and give John Arne a call.

Edit:
    35 yr old Liverpool Legend > 32 yr old Blackpool Reject.
    Last edited by Premy; 20-01-2016 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Death to all Riise haters. That includes all those plastic flag waving Cockney tossers.

Liverpool Legend > Blackpool Reject.

But hey if Carney wants to stay a Jet then I'm happy to give him a 2 year contract, reduced by about $100,000 a year then what he is currently getting.

Oh and hurry the f up David and give John Arne a call.

Edit:
    35 yr old Liverpool Legend > 32 yr old Blackpool Reject.
    Riiser haters can choke on turds. escaped abortions they are

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    We're bad enough without the likes of Liverpoo scum
    stop sucking ya dads pin dick. coastie in disguise right there

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    What did Eland say?? thing about no contact from the middle east regarding Carney
    kept repeating that he was "not questioning" what carney and his agent claimed about contact from the qatar club but they hadn't received an offer, and that carney was "just another player" the coaching staff is currently looking at. he also mentioned a few times that the club was in no rush to negotiate with off contract players, despite the fact they can be signed by other clubs at any given second now. It all came across as very condescending.

any ceo with his head screwed on would have just said something simple like "we haven't received an offer, but david is a great player and we'd love to keep him. Our coaching staff are working through a process of recruitment etc."

Additionally, admitting the club hasn't even given the players a phone call about their interest/lack thereof for next season is a joke. All off contract players are able to sign a contract with another club without consulting the Jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Ashley Cole is now a free agent
    Ashley Cole > John Arnse Riise every day of the week

got nothin to do with us, fk cole

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    got nothin to do with us, fk cole
    used to be best left back in the world worth a punt

Riise is 35 and a grub sick of jets signing old players for too much coin. I even thought Heskey was a waste of money. Would find it very hard to get behind Riise even if by some miracle he signs and plays amazing. This could be because of my bias against any player cept for Kewell that played for those idiot scousers but would rather get a young aussie left back with olyroos experience or a-league experience
    Remind me of Coles age?
    Now you've proven yourself to be an idiot everything you have said is invalid.
    Riise > Cole
    Last edited by Premy; 21-01-2016 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Remind me of Coles age?
    Now you've proven yourself to be an idiot everything you have said is invalid.
    Riise > Cole
    There's a difference Riise was a decent left back sometimes excellent. Cole was one of the best left backs in the world for a decade