Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

In laws are two mins from Coffs stadium. I'll gladly sit on the hill with the 14 other people and hurl abuse at Cahill and co. free accomo. Best decision Jets have ever made. Coffs harbour Jets yeww

Coffs capacity...

The Stadium has a capacity for 20,000 spectators, including 936 permanent grandstand seats.
    If Cahill plays it will get its sternest test....only 936 seats and I bet few of those will be allocated to Gold Jets members who pay a large amount to not sit on a grass hill. Have booked accomodation early anticipating Cahill - but had the sense to book something that has free cancellation too.

Will be interesting how this pans out - the Herald will go to town on it for sure....if it happens of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Coffs capacity...

If Cahill plays it will get its sternest test....only 936 seats and I bet few of those will be allocated to Gold Jets members who pay a large amount to not sit on a grass hill. Have booked accomodation early anticipating Cahill - but had the sense to book something that has free cancellation too.

Will be interesting how this pans out - the Herald will go to town on it for sure....if it happens of course.
    Might be a good question when the Jetstream get to speak with McKinna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Coffs capacity...

Jets might actually earn some money on tickets/food away from Hunter Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why??

Apparently according to some it is a great idea to play games in the sticks for a bunch of hillbillies and screw over their loyal fans.

Think of the big picture here.

Just another **** up from the Jets and Northern

Nothing new there
    Suck shit.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Interesting resume. Hopefully we have found someone who knows what they are doing, and will shout us another bevvie in Wellington
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

As you are aware it is an exciting time for Newcastle Jets with new ownership under Chairman Martin Lee and the Ledman Group. We have also recently welcomed Lawrie McKinna as Chief Executive Officer, who brings to the Club a wealth of football knowledge and experience.

Given the recent changes we would like to invite our fans to a forum where questions can be asked to a panel consisting of Lawrie McKinna (CEO), Scott Miller (Head Coach) and Nigel Boogaard (Club Captain). This will be a great opportunity for our fans to hear from leaders from the Club on a range of Newcastle Jets topics.

Date: Wednesday 27 July 2016

Venue: Event Cinemas, Kotara

Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm

RSVP: Please confirm your attendance by registering your details here.

We are also keen to receive any questions you may have for the panel prior to the Fan Forum. We will integrate as many of these questions into the evening, enabling fans that may not be able to attend a chance to be involved. Questions can be submitted up to midday on Tuesday 26 July 2016 by including them in your attendance registration.

Ahead of the Fan Forum, here are some Club elements we can advise you of ahead of time:

Club Colours – The Club’s colours for the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 Season will remain blue, red, and gold. These are the colours that feature in the Club’s crest and the Club will be seeking to maintain consistency with this.

Club Kit – Following feedback from our Members and fans and in consultation with our Members Sub-Committee, we understood the preference of our Members and fans was not to change the kit design each season. To this end the home kit design will not change for this season, however a new away kit will be launched.

Club Crest – The Newcastle Jets crest will not change for the 2016/17 Season.

Club Name – The Newcastle Jets name will not change for the 2017/17 Season.

We look forward to welcoming you to the 2016 Newcastle Jets Fan Forum.

Together We Can Soar!
    Fan foz announced. Got an email about an hour ago.

Am I reading too much into the 2016/17 comments re name, colours etc?

I got that vibe too, next off season will be interesting.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I thought reading it that it sounds like anything could happen with the name/colours next season.

Not sure if its poorly written, or it is an indication of big change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Might be a good question when the Jetstream get to speak with McKinna.
    My hunch is that Lawrie probably won't be able to provide any answer at this stage, only that he will have to inform Martin lee of the possibility that Tim Cahill will possibly be playing for City in a game scheduled to be played in a regional town that is approx only 20,000 capacity (only 1,000 seated) versus our own stadium which is 33,000 (23,000 seated). If I was Martin Lee, I would be simply asking "Why"?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    My hunch is that Lawrie probably won't be able to provide any answer at this stage, only that he will have to inform Martin lee of the possibility that Tim Cahill will possibly be playing for City in a game scheduled to be played in a regional town that is approx only 20,000 capacity (only 1,000 seated) versus our own stadium which is 33,000 (23,000 seated). If I was Martin Lee, I would be simply asking "Why"?
    I hope this happens, and I question how the previous Jets administration were able to make this decision while effectively in caretaker mode. They have basically screwed over the incoming owner and management team.

There are only a few clubs in the A-League likely to sign a big name player, City are one, so this scenario was not one that couldn't be seen to be likely to occur. FFS, if you are moving a game, move a game like Perth, Adelaide or Wellington. no big players and it would be a pain for them to get to. Don't move a club who is likely to make 1 or 2 big name signings that will bring in a crowd.

Lee wants to connect with the Newcastle Community. Keeping the big games in town is one way to do it. Unfortunately at this stage, I cant see the draw being amended.

Could be a statement to counter anyone saying that last year the FFA said these things were "on the table" for change and stopping people asking about changing things for this season when shirts and club merch are already in production.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I hope this happens, and I question how the previous Jets administration were able to make this decision while effectively in caretaker mode. They have basically screwed over the incoming owner and management team.

There are only a few clubs in the A-League likely to sign a big name player, City are one, so this scenario was not one that couldn't be seen to be likely to occur. FFS, if you are moving a game, move a game like Perth, Adelaide or Wellington. no big players and it would be a pain for them to get to. Don't move a club who is likely to make 1 or 2 big name signings that will bring in a crowd.

Lee wants to connect with the Newcastle Community. Keeping the big games in town is one way to do it. Unfortunately at this stage, I cant see the draw being amended.
    You make some great points, but I think the decision was made based on when the game is, not simply who it was against.
    Traditionally (I think) end of school holidays matches don't draw big crowds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    here here

you know, I reckon there is a chance the jets will make more money off a 20,000 crowd at coffs than 30k at newy.

Why would you want to watch the jets get pumped by the City juggernaut at hunter stadium anyway? Move this game to Wee Waa imo. Coffs Harbour is not far enough away for it

The fact that you all think the Jets HQ had a say in who would be the opponent for Coffs game is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    The fact that you all think the Jets HQ had a say in who would be the opponent for Coffs game is hilarious.
    pretty sure we all know its the sausage guzzlers at ffa but anyway

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    Why would you want to watch the jets get pumped by the City juggernaut at hunter stadium anyway? Move this game to Wee Waa imo. Coffs Harbour is not far enough away for it
    Play the game in China.
    Black out the western media.
    Give the locals a taste of what they paid for.