Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

Hi-Five Vukabitch has been granted a release from Victory. He was afraid of the ribbing he was going to get from the hill at Magic Park in a few weeks.

In all seriousness, his son is getting a liver transplant apparently. Explains his loss in form towards the end of last season.

Hope that all goes well.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 19-07-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

And sign with FC
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    And sign with FC
    Has he signed with Sydney? They have Covic trialing but it wouldn't surprise me.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Yep he has.... It's official now
    Dare to Zlatan

Yep he has.... It's official now
    What a joke that is. The whole off-season player movement with this "mutual release" crap is simply a joke.

The sooner we can start transfer fees between clubs the better.

Banned
    Heard tonighs game V NPL select side is off.

Apparently playing in the rain is beneath us

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

How they do in England?..... Never seem to postponed games unless the pitch is 2 meters under water!!!!!
    Dare to Zlatan

Confirmed via Jets twitter
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    How they do in England?..... Never seem to postponed games unless the pitch is 2 meters under water!!!!!
    Was watching something the other night an old Chelsea game when they had Zola and Vialli so back before they got good

Were playing in the Cup Winners Cup against some Norwegian side and a blizzard came in and covered the pitch. They played it out though

It is a glaring indictment on how soft we are getting with things being called off at the sign of less than ideal weather

Was watching something the other night an old Chelsea game when they had Zola and Vialli so back before they got good

Were playing in the Cup Winners Cup against some Norwegian side and a blizzard came in and covered the pitch. They played it out though

It is a glaring indictment on how soft we are getting with things being called off at the sign of less than ideal weather
    Cup Winners Cup! That's old. Did Vialli do a stint as player/manager?

I guess that match had started by the time a blizzard had come across and the match was a competitive fixture. This is a trial match, to play devil's advocate.

I'm sure the leading teams aren't complaining about the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Cup Winners Cup! That's old. Did Vialli do a stint as player/manager?

I guess that match had started by the time a blizzard had come across and the match was a competitive fixture. This is a trial match, to play devil's advocate.

I'm sure the leading teams aren't complaining about the decision.
    Id be guessing that the Jets didn't have too much of a say as to the game going ahead anyway.

Surely Magic would have had the final call about the use of the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Id be guessing that the Jets didn't have too much of a say as to the game going ahead anyway.

Surely Magic would have had the final call about the use of the pitch.
    Of course, without a doubt

Banned

The grounds in England are well drained and often heated. Most grounds in Newcastle are built on old swampland / flood plain (including but not limited to Stade de Newy, Magic Park, Adamstown Oval, Darling St, Edden Oval, Novocastrian, Alder Park, Islington Oval ). I know that a lot has been done to improve those grounds over the years but they still don't hold up well in the winter when wet and over used.

Another HUGE problem we have is the lack of grounds generally. Our football fields are over used, poorly maintained and conducive only to poor play. The team I coach play on Islington Oval and it is rubbish. Last weekend they had their only game on Darling St and it was like watching a different side. Decent playing surfaces will lift the standard of football markedly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    The grounds in England are well drained and often heated. Most grounds in Newcastle are built on old swampland / flood plain (including but not limited to Stade de Newy, Magic Park, Adamstown Oval, Darling St, Edden Oval, Novocastrian, Alder Park, Islington Oval ). I know that a lot has been done to improve those grounds over the years but they still don't hold up well in the winter when wet and over used.

Another HUGE problem we have is the lack of grounds generally. Our football fields are over used, poorly maintained and conducive only to poor play. The team I coach play on Islington Oval and it is rubbish. Last weekend they had their only game on Darling St and it was like watching a different side. Decent playing surfaces will lift the standard of football markedly.
    Undersoil heating is for dealing with pitches being frozen rather than wet . Obviously dangerous playing on a pitch as hard as concrete as it is frozen. Not an issue in this country

Your right a lot of our sporting facilities in this country are built on swamp. . You only need to look at the plethora of drains creeks etc in the vicinity of grounds to see this.

Biggest issue here to me is a cultural thing. First hint of rain and it is off as the precious grass needs protection.
    Compare that to Europe where weather 5x as bad as we have had in Newy today and they would still be playing on not only professional standard pitches but also pub league pictures right across the nation.

So even facilities with less drainage and infrastructure than a Newy NPL ground would be used without batting an eyelid.

Yet here it is off.

Hell even as a kid growing up in Newy 20-30 years ago we would play in these conditions every week if present but not now thanks to over zealous bureaucracy

I'd argue that the grass does need protection otherwise we will continue to try and teach our kids to play on crap surfaces. Fix the drainage issues and the subsoil and then the grass will more likely survive the rain and the heavy use.

I do however agree that we should play in all weather. Some of my best memories of junior football are of rain soaked matches. Let's get the grounds right then we can play in anything. Yeah, I know, who will pay for it? Council does have a significant amount in section 94 and 94a contributions stashed away. That's the start point. Then it will be down to local communities and clubs or a benefactor of some kind. It's nice to dream

Undersoil heating is for dealing with pitches being frozen rather than wet . Obviously dangerous playing on a pitch as hard as concrete as it is frozen. Not an issue in this country

Your right a lot of our sporting facilities in this country are built on swamp. . You only need to look at the plethora of drains creeks etc in the vicinity of grounds to see this.

Biggest issue here to me is a cultural thing. First hint of rain and it is off as the precious grass needs protection.
    Compare that to Europe where weather 5x as bad as we have had in Newy today and they would still be playing on not only professional standard pitches but also pub league pictures right across the nation.

So even facilities with less drainage and infrastructure than a Newy NPL ground would be used without batting an eyelid.

Yet here it is off.

Hell even as a kid growing up in Newy 20-30 years ago we would play in these conditions every week if present but not now thanks to over zealous bureaucracy
    I find it hilarious you are comparing European pitches with goat tracks. if you think the two bob that is spent on pitches over here is going to match it with multi million dollar pitches you are delusional.

Different types of grass for different environments for different times of year for different temperatures for different amounts of traffic... There are plenty of variables purely when it comes to the type of grass used and our local parks certainly aren't blessed with what is used!

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    you are delusional.
    Hello to you too de-champ. its good to hear from you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    I find it hilarious you are comparing European pitches with goat tracks. if you think the two bob that is spent on pitches over here is going to match it with multi million dollar pitches you are delusional.
    So you missed the bit where I was talking about pub league fields??

How many Pub League pitches in Europe have multi million $$ pitches??
    Your comparing NPL grounds win Newy with multi million $$ pitches on pub league grounds.

Care to enlighten us as to which pub league pitches are worth millions of $$ because I am at a loss

Delusional is when you can't read and then comment and make points that don't even stick with the points raised