Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1514

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

wrong answer - we obviously all share a fetish for smacking our heads against a brick wall otherwise we wouldn't bother coming into this forum...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    wrong answer - we obviously all share a fetish for smacking our heads against a brick wall otherwise we wouldn't bother coming into this forum...
    Fetish??

No I wouldn't think I actually enjoy us being shit. I am quite vocal on us doing shit to not be so shit.

To me the ones with the fetish are the ones who continue to back the clubs failings with excuses for why they can't get their shit together.

They seem afraid of accepting future success

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Fetish??

No I wouldn't think I actually enjoy us being shit. I am quite vocal on us doing shit to not be so shit.

To me the ones with the fetish are the ones who continue to back the clubs failings with excuses for why they can't get their shit together.

They seem afraid of accepting future success
    They know there's minimal success but like to stay positive for mental health reasons

Others are just realists and understand simple fixes for the shithole we are in don't exist, and that holding the club to account for not acheiving the impossible is pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Switch clubs??

What sort of plastic fan do you take me for??

You must take joy in failure and excuses

I don't.
    Not my thing
    Yep, because that's exactly what I said. I'm just someone who doesn't risk bursting a blood vessel every single day because of something I perceive the club to be doing or not doing, while ignoring the realities of the situation. I don't enjoy losing, but I'm not going to get angry until there's something worth getting angry about. We've had plenty of those moments in the past, especially during the Tinkler/Stubbins era.

But I'm yet to see anything even remotely worth getting angry about this season. I don't like everything Miller does nor do I think he's perfect. I'd like him to show a little more emotion during games and interviews and not fall back on the technical/tactical speak. I'd like him to be more aggressive and risky with subs when we're losing. Are these things worth getting angry over? No. That's his style of managing.

I'd like Lee to be a little more adventurous in his signings this season, rather the next couple. Worth getting angry over? No. If you don't like that, bankroll the team and do it your way. And you trot out the word 'excuses' all the time, but I'm yet to see them do that this season. What excuses are they making?

You have this unrealistic expectation that every single thing the club does should be perfect and without fault, and expecting us to do it better than every other club in the competition. You expect us to win every game, and to sign the best players in the league - neither of which is ever going to happen. You expect us to make up a gap, both on-field and off-field that has realistically been widening ever since we won the title. You expect the manager to be accountable but for him to also criticise players in the media. You expect the club to be run properly and be an attractive proposition to players, yet you want them to just dump players before their contract ends.

Are Lee, McKinna and Miller running this club into the ground? Or are they slowly building it back up from the cluster**** that Tinkler/FFA left us with? If you honestly think its the former, you're beyond help.

It was only a matter of time before the fans became as complacent as the gaffer and the players. At this level you play to win and anything less is failure.

Sh!tney FC, not wanting to be outdone by the Jerks
    who signed Kokko the clown have signed their own version
    in Bobo the clown...

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...s-marquee-star

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Sh!tney FC, not wanting to be outdone by the Jerks
    who signed Kokko the clown have signed their own version
    in Bobo the clown...

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...s-marquee-star
    Good to see one of the Jets greatest ever pop up in that video... brilliant assist by the one and only puddle!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It was only a matter of time before the fans became as complacent as the gaffer and the players. At this level you play to win and anything less is failure.

https://twitter.com/JamesGardiner42/...71297433821184 Lawrie retweeted Gardiner's comments so I guess the club will give us more details soon with luck

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Yep, because that's exactly what I said. I'm just someone who doesn't risk bursting a blood vessel every single day because of something I perceive the club to be doing or not doing, while ignoring the realities of the situation. I don't enjoy losing, but I'm not going to get angry until there's something worth getting angry about. We've had plenty of those moments in the past, especially during the Tinkler/Stubbins era.

But I'm yet to see anything even remotely worth getting angry about this season. I don't like everything Miller does nor do I think he's perfect. I'd like him to show a little more emotion during games and interviews and not fall back on the technical/tactical speak. I'd like him to be more aggressive and risky with subs when we're losing. Are these things worth getting angry over? No. That's his style of managing.

I'd like Lee to be a little more adventurous in his signings this season, rather the next couple. Worth getting angry over? No. If you don't like that, bankroll the team and do it your way. And you trot out the word 'excuses' all the time, but I'm yet to see them do that this season. What excuses are they making?

You have this unrealistic expectation that every single thing the club does should be perfect and without fault, and expecting us to do it better than every other club in the competition. You expect us to win every game, and to sign the best players in the league - neither of which is ever going to happen. You expect us to make up a gap, both on-field and off-field that has realistically been widening ever since we won the title. You expect the manager to be accountable but for him to also criticise players in the media. You expect the club to be run properly and be an attractive proposition to players, yet you want them to just dump players before their contract ends.

Are Lee, McKinna and Miller running this club into the ground? Or are they slowly building it back up from the cluster**** that Tinkler/FFA left us with? If you honestly think its the former, you're beyond help.
    In all honesty it was disappointing to finish 8th last season but the club both on and off the field was in a better position then we were compared to at the end of season 2014/15. I wouldn't call them massive strides forward as yet but clearly now with Ledman taking the club is now building again on top of last season.
    There is an air of stability both at the club and within the playing group which hasn't been there for quite a while.
    Behind the scenes the whole operations have been run on a shoestring budget for years and I can see this as being a priority in rectifying first and foremost.
    We can't expect to both compete with the top teams and by the same token attract top quality players to the club when we have in comparison to the big clubs....an amateurish set-up.
    I would be very surprised if we can make the top four this coming season, mid-table though should be a realistic goal (7th at worst, 5th at best) though. Miller has kept the bulk of the squad together from last season and also having got rid of players "surplus to his requirements" and added players that HE feels will complement the squad, he no doubt must improve on the 30 points from 2015/16.
    I think most supporters aren't expecting any miracles in the first year under Ledman but by the same token we want to see the club progressing (I was tempted to use "moving forward" here by the way lol) otherwise this whole "competing in the ACL within 3 years" will seem like a crock of shit!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    In all honesty it was disappointing to finish 8th last season but the club both on and off the field was in a better position then we were compared to at the end of season 2014/15. I wouldn't call them massive strides forward as yet but clearly now with Ledman taking the club is now building again on top of last season.
    There is an air of stability both at the club and within the playing group which hasn't been there for quite a while.
    Behind the scenes the whole operations have been run on a shoestring budget for years and I can see this as being a priority in rectifying first and foremost.
    We can't expect to both compete with the top teams and by the same token attract top quality players to the club when we have in comparison to the big clubs....an amateurish set-up.
    I would be very surprised if we can make the top four this coming season, mid-table though should be a realistic goal (7th at worst, 5th at best) though. Miller has kept the bulk of the squad together from last season and also having got rid of players "surplus to his requirements" and added players that HE feels will complement the squad, he no doubt must improve on the 30 points from 2015/16.
    I think most supporters aren't expecting any miracles in the first year under Ledman but by the same token we want to see the club progressing (I was tempted to use "moving forward" here by the way lol) otherwise this whole "competing in the ACL within 3 years" will seem like a crock of shit!
    Totally agree Stopper. But some "fans" on here are expecting us to win every game, without taking into consideration everything else. And apparently taking the view that we both do, we're just burying our heads in the sand, and 'making excuses for the club'

God damn right I expect them to win every game
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Totally agree Stopper. But some "fans" on here are expecting us to win every game, without taking into consideration everything else. And apparently taking the view that we both do, we're just burying our heads in the sand, and 'making excuses for the club'
    That's fine halo, though I can fully understand other supporters frustration, yes they probably need to look at the "big picture" and give Ledman Group some leeway but as long as the criticism is contstructive that's fine too.
    Could be worse, could be a Knights supporter

Banned
    Of course I expect us to win every game. There isn't a team in the HAL we can't beat. We ain't playing Barcelona or Bayern Munich etc

I fully expect us to make the Top 4 and there is no reason why we can not do it.

Taking into consideration anything else is offering excuses.

So Top 4 it is

Of course I expect us to win every game. There isn't a team in the HAL we can't beat. We ain't playing Barcelona or Bayern Munich etc

I fully expect us to make the Top 4 and there is no reason why we can not do it.

Taking into consideration anything else is offering excuses.

So Top 4 it is
    Admire your bravado Member and nothing wrong with that but I would personally be happy if we can double our home wins to 8 games this season, up from the abmyssal 4 of last season. All this talk of connecting with the community is great but winning home games where supporters leave home games happy with a win is the best way of "connecting" and boosting home crowds.

win every game? who said that? no one here. Expecting to be competitive and having some finals footy in a 6 yr period is a fair expectation. 10 yrs of pathetic excuses is not on anymore.

Could go join fairyland United where constant losing is enjoyable and where there are free pony pals after every game, also called CCM, enjoy.
    Last edited by hawk; 23-08-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    win every game? who said that? no one here.
    I did... ..... ^^^^^ up there
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...i1glqp78cv9wnh From the Jets' website re the China tour
    Last edited by turbojetfireV8; 24-08-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Streams?