Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

Kudos to the FFA for their reply basically saying commentary and opinion is out of their jurisdiction.
    Oh the fun other supporters will have with this.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    well, now i want to know what they said!
    gypo cam - Rudan was carrying on about the players knowing who there (sic) going into tackle and Monty would have known it was Gol Gol and known his injury history.

He was saying Monty should have not made the attempted tackle because of who it was. What a load of shit. I'm not defending the tackle it was bad and got what it deserved but to say you don't go hard because a player has been seriously hurt in the past is bullshit. He is not a protected species and shouldn't be playing if not ready.

Cheers hawk. Think you missed a bit though, I can't see what would upset them!

Miller giving Milos some praising..

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...cal-trifunovic

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Miller giving Milos some praising..

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...cal-trifunovic
    Milos also wants a new contract
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Milos also wants a new contract
    Dumb Poll by the Newcasle Herald asking " Has Milos Trifunovic done enough to earn a new contract?"

At this point in time, probably no as he has been below par in most games but in saying that there are still 9 games to go and like most of the squad, he probably deserves to be judged on the whole season....lets wait and see.

I would give it a few more games - but I would say yes. Correct he had a drought for seven or so games (but so did the rest of the team), even with that he still scored 8 goals with very little service from midfield.
    You saw on sunday what happens when he actually can get the ball with players around him.

Am picking this is going to be a big discussion point for tonights podcast recording
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

If he gets to double figures with this team and becomes the third (or better) top scorer in a season with the Jets it really is a no brainer - play to his strengths rather than, what we usually do, get a striker to adapt to a "style".

An O/S striker who arrives with almost no English and family still back in home country. Has to adapt to the league and still provides 8 goals with 9 games remaining in a side with lack of creativity or service. Also comes in under the salary cap and likely to be on average coin in the squad... To me its a no brainer. I would also have said this prior to the weekends game.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I would give it a few more games - but I would say yes. Correct he had a drought for seven or so games (but so did the rest of the team), even with that he still scored 8 goals with very little service from midfield.
    You saw on sunday what happens when he actually can get the ball with players around him.

Am picking this is going to be a big discussion point for tonights podcast recording
    x2

better the devil you know.

keep him.

lord griff knows we wont be able to attract anyone better (and his return so far is pretty good) without paying through the nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    An O/S striker who arrives with almost no English and family still back in home country. Has to adapt to the league and still provides 8 goals with 9 games remaining in a side with lack of creativity or service. Also comes in under the salary cap and likely to be on average coin in the squad... To me its a no brainer. I would also have said this prior to the weekends game.
    bang on big wilso - anyone who doesn't want this bloke has rocks in his head. who's the alternative ffs?

people moan about him missing chances but name a bloke who's had more in the past few years bar tagz?

I'd like to compare his goals with the sitters missed in open play. from memory, he has missed a lot.

is it 5 penalties this season for him?

but anyway, we've got him for at least the next 9 games, hope he gets another 9 from open play.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    bang on big wilso - anyone who doesn't want this bloke has rocks in his head. who's the alternative ffs?

people moan about him missing chances but name a bloke who's had more in the past few years bar tagz?
    but who has had more opportunities than him? he's missed a lot, if we want to go for a title, we need somebody more clinical in my mind. happy to be proven wrong over the remainder of the season.

I'd like to compare his goals with the sitters missed in open play. from memory, he has missed a lot.

is it 5 penalties this season for him?

but anyway, we've got him for at least the next 9 games, hope he gets another 9 from open play.
    3 penalties.

And he's had 41 shots, 16 on target, 8 goals in 17 appearances
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    3 penalties.
    How many of those penalties did he win?

pretty simple with the big fella though. Give him the ball in an attacking area he'll give you a fair chance of banging one away.

Hoof it from the back and ask him to chase it and you get what you deserve.

Love Milos.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post

This and I lost count of how many 1 on 1s with the keeper that Tagz missed. He could have had another 5-10 goals for the season if he had been able to finish 1 on 1s.

if we want to go for a title
    come on mate this is the jets

if we want to go for a title
    sir jets has a good ring

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    sir jets has a good ring