Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1514

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

My favourite bit about Janjetovic moving is the SFC fans going into meltdown and calling him Judas. He was a starting calibre keeper last year, why shouldn't he want to play first team football? And it's not like any other club has a massive gap at GK they need to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    And it's not like any other club has a massive gap at GK they need to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It's worse than that. When Schooners were less than a $1 I had no troubles picking up hot women between 18 and 25 years old. At current prices no female under 50 will even look at me let alone get naked for me. Hence, as beer prices have increased it appears that women have got a lot fussier about who they have sex with. It's a national disgrace and yet what is the FFA or the government doing about it ? Absolutely nothing.
    Yep - the days of carrying in an esky full of coldies and actually having sex on a grass hill BEFORE you left the ground are dim and distant memories *sniff*.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Who then? And I know you hate JD but he's done fine. And you would hate Janjetovic just as much if he came here. Wasn't it him that ****ed up a Goodwin FK a few years back?

Who then? And I know you hate JD but he's done fine. And you would hate Janjetovic just as much if he came here. Wasn't it him that ****ed up a Goodwin FK a few years back?
    I don't hate JD at all.

He's a work in progress.

In about 2-3 years he'll be first team quality.

If we want to win the ACL, the HAL or even finish in the top 3 then we need a proper first team keeper.

Janjetovic would be a step up, but I don't buy into his hype as much as others. In saying that he's good enough for the no.1 position in the HAL.

I don't hate JD at all.

He's a work in progress.

If we want to win the ACL, the HAL or even finish in the top 3 then we need a proper first team keeper.

Janjetovic would be a step up, but I don't buy into his hype as much as others. In saying that he's good enough for the no.1 position in the HAL.

I see you have found the Fabulous Members Koolaid cup and have been sipping your way to crazytown... All Hail Zizou..

Janjetovic is a prime example of the drop in standard of HAL keeping for the last 3-4 years. Either young guys are getting dropped too easily or teams are screaming for 'experience' no matter what that 'experience' was prior to joining a team.

Duncan isn't good enough yet to play for the socceroos but he is doing well enough to not need to panic yet. He is young enough to fix some weaknesses in his game so rather than spending money we don't have on an area that isn't costing us points every week we should probably sit on our hands and pray to Zizou that he doesn't get injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Smelly sure to kick the living crap out of JD's face, Janjetovic in.

Banned
    I don't hate JD at all.

He's a work in progress.

Why in ****sname are you advocating we replace Duncan for making a mistake with a bloke who punched the ball into his own net in front of the Cove in a Sydney derby???

FMD

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Smelly sure to kick the living crap out of JD's face, Janjetovic in.
    don't worry, JD will be ready... JD_facemask.jpg
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why in ****sname are you advocating we replace Duncan for making a mistake with a bloke who punched the ball into his own net in front of the Cove in a Sydney derby???

FMD
    I agree with you.

Initially I was pissed we didn't get a keeper to replace BK, but Duncan has grown into the roll and for the most part been great.

Couple of mistakes, yes, but every player makes them.

For now he has earnt the spot and the right for a decent chance. If he was to be replaced it would have to be by a keeper well above any currently in the a-league otherwise I don't see the point. Duncan will only get better with more game time.

Herald half-time - including Lowey's thoughts on what fit of player we should be looking for in the window:

https://www.facebook.com/newcastlehe...5289439518078/
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

I don't hate JD at all.

He's a work in progress.

Holy hell. Now IMO JD is a fine keeper and one of the best performed in the league this year, but thats just my opinion and you have yours.

But Vedran???? Really. No way you watched him play last season to say that. The guy is not 1st team quality and always has a clanger in his pocket ready to come out once a game. He was like SFC's BK

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...r1j9f8yey1a1k7

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but the club raised what they were doing in the last Members Advisory Group meeting. I'm aware of some members giving up their time on the day to volunteer and assist.

This is a real positive contribution to the community, and in my opinion, another sign we are getting things right off the pitch. It's great to see the club giving something back and allow those who are less fortunate or not necessarily able to get a Christmas lunch to have a meal.

We smash the club for a lot of things they do wrong, so it's only fair they get some kudos when they do something very very right. Well done to those who are on board.

Newcastle Jets will show the spirit of Christmas this Boxing Day when the Club hosts a free luncheon for approximately 350 people involved with local groups at its Summer of Football double-header at McDonald Jones Stadium. 

Clients from community, charitable, and Indigenous organisations including Compass Housing, The Big Issue, Samaritans, Life Without Barriers, Variety, OzHarvest, Awabakal, and Bungaree will join the Jets for its clashes against Western Sydney Wanderers in the Westfield W-League and Wellington Phoenix in the Hyundai A-League.

With support from Greater Bank, Inspirations Paint, Bibina, Northern NSW Football, McDonald Jones Stadium, Gema Group, and Coca-Cola the Jets will provide free admission to the games for all of the participants plus a complimentary barbecue lunch.

The groups will also receive a visit to the Stadium tunnel and warm-up areas, and experience a meet and greet with some of the Club’s Hyundai A-League squad members. Moreover, each participant will receive a complimentary Christmas gift bag to take home from the double-header.

Newcastle Jets Chief Executive Officer, Lawrie McKinna, said the Club wanted to use the festive season to make a contribution to the community through football.

“The collective efforts of numerous people and organisations have helped bring this concept to life,” McKinna said.

“Originally we envisaged that we might be able to do something for about 200 people, but the response from the community, charitable and Indigenous organisations we’re in touch with has been overwhelming, while the support from our network of partners has enabled us to grow the idea.”

“Hopefully this day will help brighten the Christmas of all the participants and we can make it an annual event on the Newcastle Jets’ community calendar.”

- See more at: http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti....x3Yu1Ckd.dpuf
    Read more at http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...exeUs3vBAla.99
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 22-12-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Herald half-time - including Lowey's thoughts on what fit of player we should be looking for in the window:

https://www.facebook.com/newcastlehe...5289439518078/
    Good one
    The Australian Newcastle Man
    Website

Caption?

Both at the same time: "now who is this guy?"

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post

Caption?
    "I loved you in The Hangover"

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post

Caption?
    Hello gay boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Hello gay boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    "I loved you in The Hangover"
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Caption: Ni hǎo! My play: hǎo bu hǎo?

Djulbeotch out for our next home game (total of 3 games) after last night.
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...op-league-bans