Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 14 | Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets | Sunday 09/01/16 ko 515pm

Depressing really.....but going to be worse if you listen to the presser......not that I have but guaranteed shit talk from Miller......
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Sorry boss, I'm in paradise at the moment a long long way from my beloved Foxtel dish.
    Been out surfing all day with Plague Jnr, little man is coming along quite well.

Had a quick scan of the Foz, sounds like business as usual. And if you want negativity just go back over some of those posts. Geez, blokes are getting mighty stressed out over a bunch of blokes (poorly) kicking a ball.

The club, coaches and players don't give a shit about you the fan. So do what I do and treat them all with the contempt they deserve.

Or better still next trip away I'll book you a ticket you can come hang with.

Anyway, some arvo beers are on the cards (not for plague Jnr though).

Cheers,
    Plague.
    You forgot the FFA in those who don't give a shit.......seriously have they even given us another thought since about round 2..... C hunts.....it would be interesting to know if there has been anything like an offer to buy us and if not why are they making us look like the ugliest whore in the brothel. Surely if you were trying to sell something you try to make it attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    You forgot the FFA in those who don't give a shit.......seriously have they even given us another thought since about round 2..... C hunts.....it would be interesting to know if there has been anything like an offer to buy us and if not why are they making us look like the ugliest whore in the brothel. Surely if you were trying to sell something you try to make it attractive.
    Only if the word Sydney appears in your club name.

I was stung today by three wasps in the garden. Nowhere near as painful as watching the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    This is what I want to know, why is it that they are actively trying to devalue the club by running us on even less capital than Tinkler did.

You don't sell an asset by running it down, so what are their plans for us?

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    You don't sell an asset by running it down, so what are their plans for us?
    Run us down so far that we don't get as many fans as CCM and WEL, then bring in another Syd/Mel/Bris team in our place.

I just watched Millers Presser. Holy crap - he's got it in for Cooper. He said that he gave Cooper a "reality check" during the week. And then he slags the kid because he didn't score in this game ? **** me what is Millers problem ?

Good news - it's not the tactics or formation that's wrong. According to his own assessment everything he's doing is brilliant.

The khunt is deluded if he thinks the tactics are good.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 09-01-2016 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I just watched Millers Presser. Holy crap - he's got it in for Cooper. He said that he gave Cooper a "reality check" during the week. And then he slags the kid because he didn't score in this game ? **** me what is Millers problem ?

Good news - it's not the tactics or formation that's wrong. According to his own assessment everything he's doing is brilliant.

Here i was thinking that cooper was the only positive, looked energetic and was one of the only players to pass and move forward with some attacking intent, also one of the only players in the squad to genuinely threaten to beating a snail in a foot race. Miller is deluded, who brings on Watson when your 1 nil down and haven't scored in... I literally don't even remember the last time the jets scored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Holy crap alright. What a crock that was.

Its not about changing tactics or changing the system.

We aren't clinical in the final third? How would we know, we park the bus and rarely get into the final third to have a chance.

Hard to be clinical when you only have one shot on goal. Not even Messi would be able to score consistently with so few chances.

Seems I didn't miss much.

Only caught the first 20 mins on tv, that first goal sydney scored was pretty soft, defense was not up to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

For real? **** me. When he came on, I jokingly said he's been given 45 minutes so Miller can bag him out after the game and further justify him being ostracised if he doesn't score and we lose.

Shaking my head. If I performed that poorly at my job, I'd have my arse kicked out the door pretty quickly.

Crazy that we leave our substitute striker on the bench for the whole 90 when chasing the game at 0-1 and then 0-2. Instead, we put on a defender on 87 minutes when 2 goals down. Unbelievable. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that moment. Surprised he didn't put Watson on before Abbas scored to preserve the 0-1 scoreline.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
    For real? **** me. When he came on, I jokingly said he's been given 45 minutes so Miller can bag him out after the game and further justify him being ostracised if he doesn't score and we lose.

Shaking my head. If I performed that poorly at my job, I'd have my arse kicked out the door pretty quickly.

Crazy that we leave our substitute striker on the bench for the whole 90 when chasing the game at 0-1 and then 0-2. Instead, we put on a defender on 87 minutes when 2 goals down. Unbelievable. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that moment. Surprised he didn't put Watson on before Abbas scored to preserve the 0-1 scoreline.
    Crazy is us poor sods who wasted their Saturday to go watch that shit cowardly performance.

Interesting at FT the response from the players.

Came over to the advertising hoardings and clapped us from there.

As the abuse flew at them a couple made the effort to go the rest of the way
    Birraz led the way with BK and Poljak not far behind

The rest of them followed suit and pressed the flesh
    FINALLY

Did hear a few reports of one or two players not taking the remarks from fans well

One bloke though couldn't be arsed

He turned and walked up the tunnel

For a bloke on big money, Soccerroos experience, a senior player in our club to me it typified all that is wrong with our club.

Where the **** is the example this bloke is setting to the rest of the younger players in the squad??

**** Off Carney you are not worthy of playing for us

Waste of money traveling to Sydney the day before .....
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Crazy is us poor sods who wasted their Saturday to go watch that shit cowardly performance.

Interesting at FT the response from the players.

Came over to the advertising hoardings and clapped us from there.

As the abuse flew at them a couple made the effort to go the rest of the way
    Birraz led the way with BK and Poljak not far behind

The rest of them followed suit and pressed the flesh
    FINALLY

Did hear a few reports of one or two players not taking the remarks from fans well

One bloke though couldn't be arsed

He turned and walked up the tunnel

For a bloke on big money, Soccerroos experience, a senior player in our club to me it typified all that is wrong with our club.

Where the **** is the example this bloke is setting to the rest of the younger players in the squad??

**** Off Carney you are not worthy of playing for us
    Playing Devils Advocate here.

Suppose said players actually read this forum along with comments on other social media.

They read what people such as yourself say about them, their performances, their attitude, their team mates and anything else that flows from your keyboard.

You can not blame them for not giving a flying **** about fans like you and your holier than though bullshit.

I am not for one second saying the team is performing even close to an acceptable level, its not. But with the vitriol that flows from you, you can not blame players for not wanting or caring to go over post game to thank the very same people who will be on the internet as soon as they can bagging the shit out of them.

Now, I know you are going to say they are professionals and should harden up and just take a fans opinion. I agree with that and they should be able to cop a bit of criticism, but at the same time don't expect them to come over and bow at your feet and listen to your dribble.

So ,sammydog is it ok when they win they all come over to do the wave?
    Win or loose face the music I say.... Specially for the travelling fans
    If not then it becomes like the Jets or FFA who like tweets, answer tweets or retweet only when we say good things about them
    Also like Miller said in the presser they are talented players (apparently). They keep being told how good they are , well maybe they need a reality check .... Might do them some good
    Last edited by lquiquer; 10-01-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    Dare to Zlatan

only the jets can take their own fans out of the game in the first 20 minutes. insipid, it was like they were playing in quicksand.

respect for fronting the fans at the end though, most ticker shown all day.

on another note, how great was the pub. with tinto and mahuta saluting at the gold coast, we should have just stayed there

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    So ,sammydog is it ok when they win they all come over to do the wave?
    Win or loose face the music I say.... Specially for the travelling fans
    If not then it becomes like the Jets or FFA who like tweets, answer tweets or retweet only when we say good things about them
    Also like Miller said in the presser they are talented players (apparently). They keep being told how good they are , well maybe they need a reality check .... Might do them some good
    Aren't ten game winless and 6 game goalless streaks enough of a reality check in themselves?
    As Epictetus wrote: "Circumstances don't make a man, they reveal him" (to himself).
    And what has been revealed by this man/team is quite disappointing.

Also, I thought JP would have had more of a positive influence tactics wise, considering his pedigree from whence he came.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    only the jets can take their own fans out of the game in the first 20 minutes. insipid, it was like they were playing in quicksand.

respect for fronting the fans at the end though, most ticker shown all day.

on another note, how great was the pub. with tinto and mahuta saluting at the gold coast, we should have just stayed there

����
    Novocastria Youth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Playing Devils Advocate here.

Suppose said players actually read this forum along with comments on other social media.

They read what people such as yourself say about them, their performances, their attitude, their team mates and anything else that flows from your keyboard.

You can not blame them for not giving a flying **** about fans like you and your holier than though bullshit.

I am not for one second saying the team is performing even close to an acceptable level, its not. But with the vitriol that flows from you, you can not blame players for not wanting or caring to go over post game to thank the very same people who will be on the internet as soon as they can bagging the shit out of them.

Now, I know you are going to say they are professionals and should harden up and just take a fans opinion. I agree with that and they should be able to cop a bit of criticism, but at the same time don't expect them to come over and bow at your feet and listen to your dribble.
    I never said **** all to them yesterday. If I am gonna say something it won't be directed at the players but the Coaching department.Quite frankly I couldn't be arsed walking around 150-200 metres to give our coaches the spraying they should be hearing.

Quite frankly I couldn't give a **** at Full-time to shake their hands and take photos with them. That ain't my thing.

Problem is they should be over to their fans every game doing it period. Win lose or draw. They should be over thanking their fans EVERY game and it should be an obligation they willingly embrace.There are kids and families about which that shit means something to and the club needs to get the message that this is important

Also if players are reading social media to listen to what people are thinking of their performances then they really don't show it.
    Where is the inspired performances motivating them to shove criticism down fans throats??

I ain't seeing it.

Also any professional should no be reading the press about oneself and taking comfort hurt in the opinions of others. That would send you ****ing crazy