Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 15 | Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix | Sunday 17/01/16 ko 500pm

Kanta's an idiot

Well there's a surprise. Bus parked. Keys thrown away and hang on by your fingertips

Eating above words now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Kanta's an idiot
    Agree. Not sure how durante gets away with slapping him in the head though!

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Agree. Not sure how durante gets away with slapping him in the head though!
    Def worth a yellow

Squeaky bum cheeks time!

Victory! Ugly, but victory!

Thank fook for that....

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    andrew durante is the biggest grub in the league

could be my most hated player even if he was key to our gf win
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Missed this game, overall what was the assessment of it? 3-1 actually representative of the game?

could have been up by 4 at half time.

unravelled in the second half and were looking long odds to hold on when kanta was sent off. luckily, we scored a great goal on the counter to put us out of reach.

wellington finished all over the top of us and should have scored another but i don't think they deserved anything from the game.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Pretty stoked with that. Thought they'd let me down. Though Kanta tried it was good to see. I can't wait to do it again in Brisbane but this time, with beer.

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    Pretty stoked with that. Thought they'd let me down. Though Kanta tried it was good to see. I can't wait to do it again in Brisbane but this time, with beer.
    Meet up with you in Brisbane for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Rather interesting to see today's game.

We come out at home and had 5 shots before Milos scored

Rather novel idea to try and attack at home and put our opponents off their stride

We played 4-4 -2 and we looked a hell of a lot better

Though it could be argued we had 2 up front as Carney just wasn't tracking back

Alividoic looked a shitload better playing on right.

Maybe something in that

I thought we actually had a ****ing go in the first half About ****ing time

Negatives.

I understand we had 10 men for majority of second half but we parked the bus the entire half. Why??

The subbing on of Leonardo in injury time??
    Bloke is coming back from injury.Game is in the bag. What's the point and why risk him?? Keep him off and rested FFS

All in all good to win for a change. Nothing to get overtly excited about.
    Phoenix were very ****ing poor.

How Carney Alivodic Milos ran away from their back 4 being as slow as they are as often as they did defies belief

How where we lined up? We did 4-4-2 with Carney and Trif up front and the back 4 is self explanatory but I'm confused how our middle 4 where lined up. Was it a diamond with Kanta at attacking, Kitto and Enver out wide and Poljak at defensive or something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    How where we lined up? We did 4-4-2 with Carney and Trif up front and the back 4 is self explanatory but I'm confused how our middle 4 where lined up. Was it a diamond with Kanta at attacking, Kitto and Enver out wide and Poljak at defensive or something different?
    kitto left, poljak and kanta centre, enver right

There's a lot to like about that win. Anyone who thinks we should have played a perfect 90 minutes of football needs their head checked. We finally saw some intensity in the first half and what a surprise, it lead to some well-earned goals. It's a shame Boogaard didn't get the first goal which the ref only had to wait 2 seconds for before realising he didn't have to blow for the pen.

Positives:
    - First-half lift in intensity - the players were actually up for this game.
    - First-half tactics - might have been a standard 4-4-2 but we've wanted Miller to tinker for a while now and he finally did it without going over the top. We also seemed happier to utilise the long ball down the flanks which paid massive dividends.
    - First-half Milos - seemed to up the effort and it paid off at times.. amazing what a little pressure can do to the opponents back 4.
    - Defensive line - I'll go as far as to say that was one of the most committed performances I've ever seen from our back four in pretty much any Jets season. Especially in the second half, and ignoring the reasons below as to why they had so much work to do, you can't argue that the amount of bodies that were flying in for blocks and the scrambling defence was fantastic. Although the goal was scrappy, the mids have to take some blame for that.
    - Playing 35 minutes with a player less and still managing 1-1.

Negatives:
    - The second half drop off - for whatever reason, the Nix came out firing and we didn't seem to have any plan of even stemming the tide. I know games fluctuate but we simply had no answer.
    - Kanta's red - stupid act that could have cost us the game but you can't fault his enthusiasm. I just hope it doesn't cost us next week.
    - Second half Milos. Should have been subbed earlier and more defensive pressure might have eased some of the pressure on our own defenders
    - Our subs again were a little odd. The Leo sub was useless - he could have put on one of the younger blokes around 80-85 and told them to run like a headless chook and try to disrupt Welly's passing at the back
    - Putting $15 on a 3-0 win which would have pocketed $400

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    There's a lot to like about that win. Anyone who thinks we should have played a perfect 90 minutes of football needs their head checked. We finally saw some intensity in the first half and what a surprise, it lead to some well-earned goals. It's a shame Boogaard didn't get the first goal which the ref only had to wait 2 seconds for before realising he didn't have to blow for the pen.

Positives:
    - First-half lift in intensity - the players were actually up for this game.
    - First-half tactics - might have been a standard 4-4-2 but we've wanted Miller to tinker for a while now and he finally did it without going over the top. We also seemed happier to utilise the long ball down the flanks which paid massive dividends.
    - First-half Milos - seemed to up the effort and it paid off at times.. amazing what a little pressure can do to the opponents back 4.
    - Defensive line - I'll go as far as to say that was one of the most committed performances I've ever seen from our back four in pretty much any Jets season. Especially in the second half, and ignoring the reasons below as to why they had so much work to do, you can't argue that the amount of bodies that were flying in for blocks and the scrambling defence was fantastic. Although the goal was scrappy, the mids have to take some blame for that.
    - Playing 35 minutes with a player less and still managing 1-1.

Negatives:
    - The second half drop off - for whatever reason, the Nix came out firing and we didn't seem to have any plan of even stemming the tide. I know games fluctuate but we simply had no answer.
    - Kanta's red - stupid act that could have cost us the game but you can't fault his enthusiasm. I just hope it doesn't cost us next week.
    - Second half Milos. Should have been subbed earlier and more defensive pressure might have eased some of the pressure on our own defenders
    - Our subs again were a little odd. The Leo sub was useless - he could have put on one of the younger blokes around 80-85 and told them to run like a headless chook and try to disrupt Welly's passing at the back
    - Putting $15 on a 3-0 win which would have pocketed $400
    Good post.

Have to agree about the scrambling defence and blocking.

It was fantastic.

The Nix goal was a combination of a quick free kick and blokes clocking off.

It could have been prevented if 1 or 2 of them asleep were on the job but you pay for mistakes at this level

Thought Alivodic had his best game all season too

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Thought Alivodic had his best game all season too
    Def did
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.