Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 15 | Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix | Sunday 17/01/16 ko 500pm

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Cowburn was excellent when he came on, there is our new CM!
    He is only going to get better and looks to be all class on the ball.
    Cameron Watson should just leave now!
    If next game he impresses then I'd say give him an extended run in the starting, would also like too see ugarkovic get a solid run when he's done on olyroo duty. The quality of those two could determine who stays next season as we may find less need in Watson and Kanta

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    If next game he impresses then I'd say give him an extended run in the starting, would also like too see ugarkovic get a solid run when he's done on olyroo duty. The quality of those two could determine who stays next season as we may find less need in Watson and Kanta
    Get rid of muata-Marlow and keep Kanta in the CB rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Yeh bro. Lovin the positivity. #togetherwecansoar #BigscottyM
    if we are going to give credit to Miller for finally reading the foz getting over himself then thats a big 10/10 effort by the gaffer.

will be hilarious to see if he now goes back to his way of playing now that the pressure is off for a wee bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Being that we are playing a pretty average side in Perth this week there should be no excuses for not playing in a positive manner like we did last week.

Perth will probably beat us as they usually do but they are not like Heart Victree Roar etc we should fear

Get in to them and we will see they are beatable

It is a shame Kanta got sent when he did. It would have been interesting to see whether Miller parked the bus the entire second half with 11 men

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Get rid of muata-Marlow and keep Kanta in the CB rotation
    There's only a few reasons to do that, and it's if the amount he's on is lowered and we use the out of the cap payments. Other then that, it's better for him to head off elsewhere and see if that refreshes his career a bit. Marlow can also go with him though

For me, Jackson suits CB more then LB, but can cover it so use him as a cover, sign another young CB option and get a starting LB

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Durante will foul Milos in the box on the 7th minute allowing us a reprieve grom the record then we'll go on to lose 1-4 with a game full of wonderful tavtics being poorly executed and foolish substitutions which defend a losing game rather than attacking it.
    what a prediction (well the foul and goal in the 7th min)

check out a great match review and player ratings article from Gaz Fish on the front page which will post at 8am
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    check out a great match review and player ratings article from Gaz Fish on the front page which will post at 8am
    Hi all, as this is my first attempt at doing a true and thorough match review, please go easy.
    Jets and Wellington Player Ratings……

NEWCASTLE
    Birraz – 6: A very shaky performance. Caught in no man’s land on a couple of occasions. Relieved to have little to do in the second half as his side dominated thoroughly.
    Mullen – 6: Went missing down the right flank when McGlinchey drilled in the low cross to set up the opening goal and continually left gaps throughout the first half. Looked more comfortable when he switched to centreback.
    Jackson – 7: Strong in the air. Knew where to be and when to be there. Helped out in attack whenever possible and even set-up the crucial equalizer.
    Hoffman – 6.5: Kept on battling despite taking two blows to his shoulder. Had to be taken off at the break.
    Boogs – 7.5: Provided the biggest threats in the first half with his darting runs down the left flank. Made a pivotal clearance off the line to keep his side afloat. The outcome could have been very different if it wasn’t for him.
    Carney – 6.5: Very industrious but for all his clever runs and cheeky flicks, there was hardly any end product.
    Poljak – 7: Didn’t see as much of the ball as he would’ve liked. His long range passing and shooting looked suspiciously out of sync.
    Kitto – 6.5: Left flailing whenever Wellington’s midfield line charged forward on the counter. Looked more composed in the second half as the team started controlling the match.
    Kanta – 7: Barely noticeable for large parts of the first half. But took all of two minutes into the second half to come to life with a stunning strike to draw the game levelled.
    Alivodic – 7.5: Caused the Wellington backline endless headaches. Had a few strong shouts for a penalty. Like Kanta, he looked out of sorts with his normally lethal shooting.
    Milos – 6.5: Spurned a number of great chances with his indecisiveness. Ironically, it was because of that flaw that lead to the second goal when he missed a shooting chance and had to play the ball back to Poljak.

Substitutes:
    Cowburn – 8.5: Completely turned the game around and revived his team’s jaded attack. Left the Wellington defenders chasing thin air most of the time. Showed his class with a clinical finish for the third goal.
    Leonardo – 7: Held up the ball well when he needed to. Created the third goal with a lovely pull back.
    Cooper – 4: Meh.

WELLINGTON
    Moss – 7: Made a few good saves to deny Newcastle drawing levelled in the first period. Could not be blamed for the three goals his team leaked in.
    Gulley – 6.5: Good reading of the game. Knew exactly when to cut into the middle to help out his centrebacks. But very fortunate to stay on the pitch after the reckless tackle on Kitto.
    Durante – 7.5: Barely put a foot wrong. Dealt with everything Newcastle could muster in the first period, whether it was low passes, high balls, crosses or through balls. Continued to impress in the second but the pressure was just too much.
    Danaskos – 6: A little unsure with his positioning, but together with Durante, they kept Newcastle at bay for long periods.
    Fox – 6.5: Like Gulley, he had to work hard cutting in from the flank to the centre to overload the penalty area.
    Lia– 6: Quietly pulled the strings in the first half but just went plain quiet in the second. Had to play virtually as an extra defender just to get a touch of the ball.
    Bonevacia – 7: So lively in the first half but like everyone else in Stripes, completely disappeard after the restart.
    Rodriguez– 6: Made up the numbers in midfield but started to struggled immensely when Alivodic dropped down deep following Cowburn’s introduction.
    Riera – 6.5: Solid in the first half but failed to keep up with the pace in the second and it was his failure to pick out Poljak’ run that lead to Newcastle’s second goal.
    McGlinchey – 7: Constantly back-tracked to help out Fox to defend the left flank. Exploited the space left vacant for him to attack but a shame none of his other deliveries from the wings were converted into goals.
    Powell – 6: Like Milos, he fluffed a few decent chances in the first half. He must have regretted it as he was utterly isolated after the resumption.
    Substitutes:
    Appiah-Kubi – 5: Only had one meaningful touch of the ball and he went and gave it away.
    Doyle – 5: Brought in to tighten up the backline but he didn’t do any better than the rest.
    Ridenton – 6: Extra points for scoring his side’s only goal.

If after reading this, you get the feeling I didn’t even watch the game…. You’re right – my real Sunday Arvo match report would actually read as follows….. I was planning to get the Wellington Game all week, Furns had even asked me to do a player ratings match report, I’d filled the car with Petrol to save time on Sunday arvo as the 2hr drive from beautiful sleepy Wingham isn’t one that I’m too keen to add time onto….. Then on Saturday night I got a message from a mate calling a Sunday arvo beers session at a chilled out local beer garden… some crazy weird Hippy band were playing and the beers were expected to be cold. The Stone and Wood Pacific Ale was a bit light and “thin” so I quickly switched the White Rabbit Dark Ale, which was much more robust in flavour and far easier to sit on and chill out, to the Gypsy Pirate Circus weird stuff these band (who looked like Beetlejuice and Captain Jack Sparrow’s love child on Acid) were playing. I got home just in time for Dinner and to listen to Big Phil and Adam talk about lots of things and occasionally fill us in on what was happening on the pitch. The kids needed bathing so I turned off the radio at 1-0 figuring that if me not being at the match in person was actually helping the team win, then listening to it on the radio probably wasn’t a good idea…. So in short, it’s my fault we won!
    Top Job

fancy Gaz giving Birraz a dodgy comment, rofl.

what score did the ref get?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    fancy Gaz giving Birraz a dodgy comment, rofl.

what score did the ref get?

Blame Almunia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Was fantastic. Thought I was going insane for the first half