Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily International News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    ima hang for a bit because i know you are doing your thing and are prob talking your way into yet another ban but the 'stick to football' is def an interesting thing.
    We've seen it this week where the usually woke NBA brigade went real silent when they realised their views might cost themselves some money.
    I agree its easy to jump on the bandwagon (Trump hate, cop hate etc) but geez it was interesting seeing players go silent on a pretty fundamentally basic issue.

also funny were the 'stick to sports' brigade now wanting these guys to not stick to sports.

i honestly believe that the richer you get the more cowardly you become. financial comfort is a freedom plenty of people are not willing to jeopardise.
    You know the kids got in trouble when they made the cool guy come out and read his little prepared speech in front of the school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    They are football fans

They are paying to watch a football get kicked about
    Maybe they should stick to that
    So Saturday night we are just to sit there and watch that site without mentioning the Gypos inbreeding Hutches mum and what we think of Matt Simon

Ok

Banned
    ima hang for a bit because i know you are doing your thing and are prob talking your way into yet another ban but the 'stick to football' is def an interesting thing.
    We've seen it this week where the usually woke NBA brigade went real silent when they realised their views might cost themselves some money.
    I agree its easy to jump on the bandwagon (Trump hate, cop hate etc) but geez it was interesting seeing players go silent on a pretty fundamentally basic issue.

also funny were the 'stick to sports' brigade now wanting these guys to not stick to sports.

i honestly believe that the richer you get the more cowardly you become. financial comfort is a freedom plenty of people are not willing to jeopardise.
    Staying silent??

The NBA players??

They been coming out of the wood work trying to defend Communist China and attacking anyone who speaks up on Hong Kong protests

Rather ironic that these rich ****ers living in the land of Capitalism and free speech are supporting a nation who don't and are actively targeting a province of theirs who supports Capitalism and Free Speech

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The first point is almost true, the majority of the world doesn't care what race someone is. It's the racists who do.

And you're saying it's the fault of the person who called the racist out that a problem exists, rather than the racist. They should have just shut up and played football and not listened to the whistling and chants directed at them because it's in their contract? Basically, if someone is at work they are allowed to be racially abused according to your logic.

Let me guess, women also shouldn't complain about sexual assault if they are at work?

But yeah, somehow bring up the Left again in the hope that the word wins an argument for you rather than any facts.
    If what you are saying that only racists care about race is true then that would mean that the left with their identity politics are racist then

They the ones who keep bringing it up

Throw in your virtue signallers too as they can't wait to bring up race

As for your other points if the virtue signallers and practitioners of leftist politics are inherently racist then there constantly calling a problem out is only exacerbating it

Apparently in 2019 we live in an age of wall to wall racism and white supremacy and the patriarchy etc thanks to these idiots

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Staying silent??

The NBA players??

They been coming out of the wood work trying to defend Communist China and attacking anyone who speaks up on Hong Kong protests

Rather ironic that these rich ****ers living in the land of Capitalism and free speech are supporting a nation who don't and are actively targeting a province of theirs who supports Capitalism and Free Speech
    man oh man one day you're gonna read the posts.

the silence is on both the subject of the tweet at the centre of it all, which no one has addressed.
    the silence is also on the one fundamental issue at the core of it all. Not the protests, not China, not Hong Kong, not democracy, not the money but the peoples individual right to freedom of speech. All any of these players had to say was "im not informed enough in China politics to comment but as Americans we have to respect Daryl Moreys right to free speech".

Thats all any of them needed to say. Now, the NBA commissioner ended up saying this in about the 30th moronic statement his PR team whipped up but by then the damage had been done.

Im absolutely fine with all the players saying "hey man ima be quiet and protect that paycheque". Ive no issue with that at all, its the fumbling attempt to remain 'woke' without saying anything is what the funny part is.

just admit you'd rather the money, its ok to do that.
    Last edited by plague; 16-10-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

So Saturday night we are just to sit there and watch that site without mentioning the Gypos inbreeding Hutches mum and what we think of Matt Simon

Ok
    if you cant tell the difference between being a bigot and not being a bigot then nothing you read on the foz here is gonna help you by now.

i wish you all the best on your journey though.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    if you cant tell the difference between being a bigot and not being a bigot then nothing you read on the foz here is gonna help you by now.

i wish you all the best on your journey though.
    Point being is it is a fine line for when a crowd crosses the line and stays within the boundaries

The players ain't the ones who Police it just as it ain't Boogaard or Dimis job to tell us to behave on Saturday

The FA and UEFA have more than enough pull to deal with the issue of Bulgarian fans misbehaving

The players are making it about themselves by using the media as a vehicle to virtue signal

If they had any credibility they would have walked off the pitch as they have threatened to do on several occasions but have continued to fail to do so

Banned
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ce-investigate

Now Plague

These guys showed more spine than those virtue signalling fools in the EPL representing England did

Least they had the balls to walk off the pitch and abandon a game

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ce-investigate

Now Plague

These guys showed more spine than those virtue signalling fools in the EPL representing England did

Least they had the balls to walk off the pitch and abandon a game
    yeah i saw that. it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds as I believe that the team with the racist fans was actually winning 1-0 at the time of the walk off.

will also be interesting to see how Yeovil handle it too. they promised to help authorities but lets face it, there were 6 blokes and a dog supporting that team. everyone there knows who the alleged racist was. think they are gonna finger one of their own.

so lets flip it around. how would you deal with it? punish the club? who wins the tie? because some suit now has to try and answer all these questions to the approval of a lot of people. lets hear how the Good Member would solve it.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    yeah i saw that. it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds as I believe that the team with the racist fans was actually winning 1-0 at the time of the walk off.

will also be interesting to see how Yeovil handle it too. they promised to help authorities but lets face it, there were 6 blokes and a dog supporting that team. everyone there knows who the alleged racist was. think they are gonna finger one of their own.

so lets flip it around. how would you deal with it? punish the club? who wins the tie? because some suit now has to try and answer all these questions to the approval of a lot of people. lets hear how the Good Member would solve it.
    Just clarifying you want my opinion here is that right??

Well how about the do Gooding PC Virtue Signalling Leftist who decided to make the whole racism in football campaign answer it

Because it is that clown who owped the Pandoras Box here

They are the one to answer it Because they deserve the criticism

The problem with their model of social justice is that equality of outcome is a bull shit idea

They have chosen to impose an idea on Football that sees a requirement for equality of outcome
    Their job to explain that to the masses now

Sport and Politics don't mix for a reason

Just clarifying you want my opinion here is that right??
    yeah yeah.
    just wondering how you would solve the issue of the match itself.
    i mean, the team walked off and they were losing. How do we solve the issue of the match itself. not the racism, i dont expect you to solve that.

its just a weird situation.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    yeah yeah.
    just wondering how you would solve the issue of the match itself.
    i mean, the team walked off and they were losing. How do we solve the issue of the match itself. not the racism, i dont expect you to solve that.

its just a weird situation.
    I still think nothing is the answer

You kick the Yeovil club out then all you are doing is encouraging ****wits to go buy a ticket to their rivals games and get them kicked out of things

Everton fans be queuing up to get tickets to Anfield to cost Liverpool the EPL and they be pissing themselves laughing when it happened. ****s would be having whip around to get the bloke out on bail too and the **** wouldn't have to buy a beer ever again

They are opening the biggest Pandoras Box trying to be touching this subject

You kick the Yeovil club out then all you are doing is encouraging ****wits to go buy a ticket to their rivals games and get them kicked out of things

Everton fans be queuing up to get tickets to Anfield to cost Liverpool the EPL and they be pissing themselves laughing when it happened. ****s would be having whip around to get the bloke out on bail too and the **** wouldn't have to buy a beer ever again

They are opening the biggest Pandoras Box trying to be touching this subject
    Ever thought about just punishing the person committing the act? Or does your unnecessary outrage skim past such simple acts of common sense...
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Ever thought about just punishing the person committing the act? Or does your unnecessary outrage skim past such simple acts of common sense...
    And punishing individuals works how well on this issue??

Hasn't worked despite decades of attempts

Why you think sanctioning an individual is going to remove a societal problem that is also deeply entwined with our tribalistic nature we are all blessed by??

So Yeovil go through to the next round?
    Because then you're flipping it around and saying racially abusing an opposition player is a legitimate tactic yeah?

Because it worked for Yeovil.

Banned
    So Yeovil go through to the next round?
    Because then you're flipping it around and saying racially abusing an opposition player is a legitimate tactic yeah?

Because it worked for Yeovil.

If teams want to walk off and forfeit games based on their so called beliefs then they are more than entitled to

They want to bring their politics into sport or virtue signal then they can lose the game as a consequence

Might make them focus on actually playing football

If teams want to walk off and forfeit games based on their so called beliefs then they are more than entitled to

They want to bring their politics into sport or virtue signal then they can lose the game as a consequence

I feel like you're a 12 yr old kid who thinks "sports" are just games that EA bring out each year. I mean, never in the history of sports has politics or human rights ever even been remotely close to an issue. Players aren't even humans really, they are walking talking contractual agreements designed for your entertainment and nothing else. You would have a been a very unhappy man at the 1936 Berlin Olympics.

Also, side note, it's not "their beliefs" it's common practice for human beings to be against racism. Racists are the minority, not the majority. Don't let the guy in the TV convince you otherwise.

So Racism is just a part of society and we should just accept it and try and ignore it? Wow you always find ways to sink lower and lower
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

So if the ref calls it off?
    who benefits then?
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So Racism is just a part of society and we should just accept it and try and ignore it? Wow you always find ways to sink lower and lower
    Can think of better things to concern myself with

As it ain't that important of an issue in my eyes

Equality of outcome is a flawed concept