Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily International News Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar

The Daily International News Thread

It comes with a heavy heart that I kick off this thread with news of Pippo Inzaghi's retirement.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...-coaching-role

AC Milan have announced that veteran striker Filippo Inzaghi has become a youth coach at the club.

The decision signals the end of a successful career for the 38-year-old, who had been on the look-out for a new club after parting company with the Rossoneri at the end of last season.

Inzaghi was touted with a move to Championship side Watford earlier in the month, but the Hornets' manager, Gianfranco Zola, quickly dismissed stories linking the club with the Italian.

He will now take charge of Milan's Allievi Nazionali team - the youngest side in the Rossoneri's youth academy - after signing a contract with the Italian giants until 2014.

During his 11-year spell at San Siro, Inzaghi, who cost the club €37 million, scored 125 goals in 296 appearances for the Rossoneri.

The former Italy international is the second-highest scorer in continental competitions with 70 goals, seven goals fewer than Real Madrid legend Raul.

http://www.blick.ch/sport/fussball/i...id2035942.html

Chipps drink driving walks away from crash
    Amigos Aarau

Ballack announces retirement
    http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=801622

yet seemed fit enough to ask for over $2mil a season a week ago?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Well worth it. Would have liked tinks to have paid double. He didn't even have to play, just come and hang out and shit. Sad day

Banned
    The AFC apologises for an editorial mistake in which the UAE National Team was inadvertently referred to by an inaccurate nickname on the AFC's official website www.the-afc.com in the article 'UAE to take cautious approach' dated 12 October 2012.

The error, which was mainly because of referral to a popular web-based encyclopedia by the concerned Editor, was corrected immediately after it was noticed.

The AFC would like to apologise for any hurt this might have caused to the UAE Football Association and UAE football fans.

The UAE FA are one of the AFC’s valued Member Associations and the AFC will continue to extensively cover the UAE National Team and UAE League activities.
    Apparently someone edited Wikipedia page on UAE NT referring to the UAE by the alleged nickname as Sand N>>>>>>.

Some dumb**** at AFC apparently uses Wikipedia as a reference tool for research. After researching the article to put on the AFC's website to the world no one bothered reading it to see the blatantly offensive term.

AFC

Serbia having a day out

Can't see that because am remoted into work laptop and video just won't run... but is that the incident where Danny Rose reacts to monkey chants and gets sent off? Disc race.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/i...123147727.html

Italian Serie A: Italy and Juventus star Bonucci punches armed robber

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci faced down an armed robber who pointed a pistol at his head before chasing the assailant as he tried to get away.

The Italy international was with his wife and baby son at a car dealership in Turin on Thursday, looking to buy a Ferrari, when a man with his face covered pointed a gun at his head and demanded that he give him his watch.

Bonucci refused and instead punched the thief, knocking him to the ground before chasing him as he tried to get away on a scooter with his accomplice.

The Gazzetta Dello Sport reported the man shouted "What are you doing? Are you mad? I'll shoot you" as Bonucci pursued them in vain.

He later reported the incident to the police.

awesome.

Check these crowds for Scottish Div 3

Saturday, October 20, 2012

FT Berwick Rangers 2-1 Clyde Shielfield Park (546)
    FT East Stirlingshire 2-1 Peterhead Ochilview Park (296)
    FT Elgin City 2-2 Annan Athletic Borough Briggs (734)
    FT Rangers 2-0 Queen's Park Ibrox Stadium (49,463)
    FT Stirling Albion 1-3 Montrose Forthbank Stadium (527)

lol...nice
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I guess this goes in here.
    Dude one on one with the keeper, lobs him, only to have a reserve player run on and save it.
    Also, whats the ref to do? rightly awards a indirect free but cant send anyone off, then the team cant convert the free.
    Watch the video, its pretty funny.
    http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/skill...ave-video.html

milan playing a friendly against a fourth-tier side, the opposition fans yelled racist things, kevin-prince boateng is in possession and picks up the ball and kicks it towards racist fans, then walks off.

absolutely amazing of boateng. love it.

OK

Dear Lionel,

I am writing you this note to offer my congratulations on winning the Ballon d'Or. Again. As you can see by the look on my face, I am very happy for you. Please forgive me for not congratulating you at the gala, but since I am so tall and statuesque and you are so tiny and maintain terrible posture, I couldn't find you in the crowd. Also, since someone played a joke on you by telling you to wear that garish spotted jacket and tie, I didn't want to keep you from getting home and changing your clothes as fast as you possibly could. That's how thoughtful I am.

It was another tremendous year for me, and, supposedly, for you as well. You had to set a world record in order to score more goals than me. Of course, smart people know that team accomplishments are far more important than personal achievements and I helped my club to win La Liga in 2012 whereas you only helped your club win the Copa del Rey. The year my club only won the Copa del Rey, I did not win the Ballon d'Or. I suppose this just shows that voters hold me to a higher standard than you.

Anyway, you have now won the Ballon d'Or a record four times in row. I guess you're happy about that. Yet, Andy Gray, England's most respected sexist broadcaster, has questioned whether you could play well on a cold night in Stoke. After all, you have only won titles for one club, whereas I have won titles for clubs in La Liga and the Premier League. But very few players have the physical talent and mental strength to prove themselves on different teams and in different leagues, so you should only feel a little bit bad about that.

People are always trying to compare you and I, but there really is no comparison. Yes, we were both named after Americans -- I was named after Ronald Reagan, a talented actor and two-term president, whereas you were named after Lionel Richie, a man who sang about dancing on the ceiling. Which is both impossible and patently ridiculous. I impregnated a woman and created a child in 2010, but it took you until 2012 to figure out how to do those things. I grew tall and strong naturally and you needed enough growth hormones to make even Lance Armstrong feel guilty in order to be neither of those things. Also, I wear proper tuxedos to formal events while you wear a suit made out of clown pants. So comparing us is both silly and unfair.

In conclusion, I congratulate you, Leo. But remember: No matter how many Ballon d'Or awards you win, I still won it first.

Confidently yours,

Cristiano Ronaldo

P.S. My apologies for writing this letter in English, one of several languages I am able to speak, when I know you only speak Spanish. Maybe Gerard Pique will translate it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post

Dear Lionel,

I am writing you this note to offer my congratulations on winning the Ballon d'Or. Again. As you can see by the look on my face, I am very happy for you. Please forgive me for not congratulating you at the gala, but since I am so tall and statuesque and you are so tiny and maintain terrible posture, I couldn't find you in the crowd. Also, since someone played a joke on you by telling you to wear that garish spotted jacket and tie, I didn't want to keep you from getting home and changing your clothes as fast as you possibly could. That's how thoughtful I am.

It was another tremendous year for me, and, supposedly, for you as well. You had to set a world record in order to score more goals than me. Of course, smart people know that team accomplishments are far more important than personal achievements and I helped my club to win La Liga in 2012 whereas you only helped your club win the Copa del Rey. The year my club only won the Copa del Rey, I did not win the Ballon d'Or. I suppose this just shows that voters hold me to a higher standard than you.

Anyway, you have now won the Ballon d'Or a record four times in row. I guess you're happy about that. Yet, Andy Gray, England's most respected sexist broadcaster, has questioned whether you could play well on a cold night in Stoke. After all, you have only won titles for one club, whereas I have won titles for clubs in La Liga and the Premier League. But very few players have the physical talent and mental strength to prove themselves on different teams and in different leagues, so you should only feel a little bit bad about that.

People are always trying to compare you and I, but there really is no comparison. Yes, we were both named after Americans -- I was named after Ronald Reagan, a talented actor and two-term president, whereas you were named after Lionel Richie, a man who sang about dancing on the ceiling. Which is both impossible and patently ridiculous. I impregnated a woman and created a child in 2010, but it took you until 2012 to figure out how to do those things. I grew tall and strong naturally and you needed enough growth hormones to make even Lance Armstrong feel guilty in order to be neither of those things. Also, I wear proper tuxedos to formal events while you wear a suit made out of clown pants. So comparing us is both silly and unfair.

In conclusion, I congratulate you, Leo. But remember: No matter how many Ballon d'Or awards you win, I still won it first.

Confidently yours,

Cristiano Ronaldo

P.S. My apologies for writing this letter in English, one of several languages I am able to speak, when I know you only speak Spanish. Maybe Gerard Pique will translate it for you.
    What is this shit? Terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    What is this shit? Terrible.
    I am just a jealous guy cause someone is much better than my bf i mean idol. :/
    Last edited by hawk; 16-01-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post

Cristiano Ronaldo

P.S. My apologies for writing this letter in English, one of several dix I am able to suck, when I know you only speak Spanish. Maybe Gerard depardu will translate it for you.
    gracious

^^

Brilliant

Early contender for funniest post award in 2013!

Are the 2012 awards going to happen?

absolute gold...
    Amigos Aarau