Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily International News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I hate Chelsea. I hate them second only to Spuds.

But they have a team that can beat every team on the EPL.

Kepa
    Azpi - Rudiger - Zouma/Luiz - Alonso.
    Jorginho - Kante
    William - Fabregas - Hazard
    Giroud.

Show me the weakness there?

3 world cup winners, 2 wingers that walk into most teams in world football. An agile defence with a world class coach drilling a strong defensive system in them. A midfield that can run forever.

Rubbish club, amazing team on paper. Hence, they can either win the whole thing or collapse under their own egos.
    Zouma isnt good enough atm and Luiz cant play in a back 4. Andreas Christensen will play CB. Alonso is too slow to play LB. I love him but gets exposed alot. CMs is fine cept for Fabregas whose legs are gone and can't press in Sarri's system. Willian doesnt score enough goals and neither does Giroud so once again it all falls down to Hazard whose team first motto makes him pass more often then shoot.

Kepa
    Azpi- Rudiger/Ampadu - Christensen - New LB maybe Emerson given a run
    Jorginho
    Kante - Barkley/RLC/Kovacic
    Pedro/Callum Hudson Odi - Hazard
    Batman/Giroud Morata is a girl so need new Striker.

This team has potential but needs a few additions as ive mentioned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Oh and Frodo enjoy Kronke having full control over your club atleast our owner gives a damm, Rubbish club indeed
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Oh and Frodo enjoy Kronke having full control over your club atleast our owner gives a damm, Rubbish club indeed
    yeah this is a concern IMO.

not for the club, but for my 'Arsenal Top 4' bet.

Lets just hope he waits til the end of the season to sell everyone off and move the team to Los Angeles.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yeah this is a concern IMO.

not for the club, but for my 'Arsenal Top 4' bet.

Lets just hope he waits til the end of the season to sell everyone off and move the team to Los Angeles.
    More Carl Jenkinsons incoming

love at first sight

Kroenke actually has a history of winning with his previous ventures, or at least improvement. See below for a very simple write up.
    https://www.newsweek.com/l-rams-arse...-teams-1060409

His main issue is that if fans don't show up and pay him good money he will march a team down the hill to an area who will. Which can't happen in the EPL, so he may not be as bad as first thought. I'm 100% not happy that he is buying out all the individual share holders so he can have 100% ownership but the other club that uses that model hasn't folded so we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Kroenke actually has a history of winning with his previous ventures, or at least improvement. See below for a very simple write up.
    Rams - Haven't made the playoffs in 10 years.
    Nuggets - Team that never made the finals, to a team that made the finals twice, then hasn't been back for 5 years.. :|
    Avalances - haven't made the playoffs for 6 years.
    Rapids - took 6 years to do anything (won the Cup). Haven't done anything since and finished outside the top 4 on six occasions since. They finished 2nd last year and are currently 11th (out of 12) on the table after 22 games.

None of these fill me with confidence that he looks after and manages his teams well. None of them have improved or done anything significant consistently. Which is what Arsenal Fans demand. Consistency.
    Moreso, they're sick of "top 4 consistency" and they want trophies. None of these teams have a proven track record of doing this on more than 1 occasion, or at all.

Rams - Haven't made the playoffs in 10 years. Won the NFC western conference last year, knocked out by the Falcons in wildcard playoff after seeding 3rd in the NFC, and are favourites to win it again this year. They did well when he arrived in early 2000s and then struggled for a few years during the changeover of owners and sorting our coaching staff. They are currently having a resurgence now they are settled in LA.

Nuggets - Team that never made the finals, to a team that made the finals twice, then hasn't been back for 5 years.. :| Yeah, he spent big money on Anthony Carmelo and he got them back into the finals but they never managed to overcome the Lakers who were an absolute dream team. Definite improvement considering the Nuggets have never won a championship and Denver isn't exactly the most attractive option for super star players.

Avalances - haven't made the playoffs for 6 years. They made the playoffs last year, but they haven't really improved immensely. He bought them as a part of the deal for the Nuggets and I don't think he really cares about them too much.

Rapids - took 6 years to do anything (won the Cup). Haven't done anything since and finished outside the top 4 on six occasions since. They finished 2nd last year and are currently 11th (out of 12) on the table after 22 games. Went from nothing to MLS champions but then fell away. Worrying signs on this one.

I'd say you were being a little bit glass half empty on these. You can't really compare the EPL to any American sport and he's never bought a team the size of Arsenal. Arsenal are a giant of a club, none of his other clubs had any real history. He will be too scared to change much considering how much money we turn over every year.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Need to put this into perspective. We aren't chelsea before Roman purchased them. We don't need billions of dollars injected into our club right now.

Also, how good is Tottenham breaking transfer records?? 1st team to spend $0 in a transfer window. Eat it spuds.

Need to put this into perspective. We aren't chelsea before Roman purchased them. We don't need billions of dollars injected into our club right now.

Also, how good is Tottenham breaking transfer records?? 1st team to spend $0 in a transfer window. Eat it spuds.
    I never get this comment and the barb its supposed to throw. It's not like we were a second or third division club who never won anything. Hell from 1996 onwards we actually started to win a fair few trophies and was slowly turning into a top 4 team.

However I will agree 100000000% Eat it spuds cant wait for poch to leave and take dele and kane with him

love at first sight

I'd say you were being a little bit glass half empty on these. You can't really compare the EPL to any American sport and he's never bought a team the size of Arsenal. Arsenal are a giant of a club, none of his other clubs had any real history. He will be too scared to change much considering how much money we turn over every year.
    I was at work, so some quick research.. But nothing there showed me he improves teams. And I agree, American teams in terrible areas aren't great examples. However, saying "Kroenke actually has a history of winning with his previous ventures, or at least improvement." isn't really true. The teams he owns, some have had some success, but most have done very little, or about the same with glimpses of success. So not really true on the improvement front.

And yes, an EPL team with a tonne of history is different to solely american teams, so he will probably change little.. Which means Arsenal can't really expect too much of a cash inject? He's worth 8bil-ish, so I don't see him spending hundreds of millions on players, unless he can recoup a lot of it.
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 10-08-2018 at 07:22 PM.

the only thing ill say about Kroenke is to be wary of his 'achievements' in American sports.

American sports are designed to reward failure (drafts) and punish success (salary caps).

Just because you fail for so long that you end up getting the ping pong balls to bounce right way to force a LeBron James type transcendent talent to your team, it cant be hailed as 'great management'.

His behaviour holding the city of St Louis to ransom to fund a stadium is the thing that should concern 'fans' the most.

But his NFL team has been 'given' talent because of the failure of management. if they succeed its probably in spite of Kroenke rather than because of him.

EPL is all on the management to get the team right.
    because failure has real consequences, not rewards.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Man utd, City did not spend much on transfers either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Man utd, City did not spend much on transfers either.
    ???

City spent £70 million on 1 ****ing player in Mahrez

Man U for all the doomsday talk about their transfer market efforts still spent £20 million on Dalot and £50 million on Fred

Cunce are crying poor about clubs only spending £70 million

Also I dont get this talk about Man U needing to sign players

Club has a squad full of quality elite players
    It up to Mourinhio to actually get more out of them than he has been doing in the last 2 years

It up to Mourinhio to actually get more out of them than he has been doing in the last 2 years
    this here is the correct and valid point.

everyone saw Pogba in the World Cup. Jose aint struggling for talent.
    Seems like I am WRONG

???

City spent £70 million on 1 ****ing player in Mahrez

Man U for all the doomsday talk about their transfer market efforts still spent £20 million on Dalot and £50 million on Fred

Cunce are crying poor about clubs only spending £70 million

Yes you are correct. What I meant to say they did not sign many players compared to prior years. But as you point out they have big squads.

Sorry, just to finish off the Arsenal talk.

It's hard to convey tone sometimes on forums. My point may have come across poorly.

I have 0% faith that Kroenke will help the club in any way, he won't be investing money to buy players. I just mean that he won't be the end of us. I HOPE!

My actual theory is that he is going to buy us out 100% only to sell us to the African Billionaire, Aliko Dangote, for about 800 million profit or something.

Will be funny when Arsenal fans praise having a rich owner when apparently their club was better then resorting to something which illegitimates every trohpy you win

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Will be funny when Arsenal fans praise having a rich owner when apparently their club was better then resorting to something which illegitimates every trohpy you win
    You miss the point of why people mock Chelski. It's not because they were successful, that would just be petty jealousy.

The reason is that Chelsea had little to no history and little to no fans, Roman comes in and they spent a lot of money to win trophies and all of a sudden they had lots of fans. And now half of those new fans have left and gone to Manc Citeh.

Chelsea are a plastic club because of their plastic fans, not because of Romans Millions.

Citeh are the new plastic club now and they are mocked even more than you guys, Half of Citeh fans have a Chelsea shirt in their attics. We all just need them to have a dip in form before we can bust it out more often.

You miss the point of why people mock Chelski. It's not because they were successful, that would just be petty jealousy.

The reason is that Chelsea had little to no history and little to no fans, Roman comes in and they spent a lot of money to win trophies and all of a sudden they had lots of fans. And now half of those new fans have left and gone to Manc Citeh.

Chelsea are a plastic club because of their plastic fans, not because of Romans Millions.

Citeh are the new plastic club now and they are mocked even more than you guys, Half of Citeh fans have a Chelsea shirt in their attics. We all just need them to have a dip in form before we can bust it out more often.
    You forgot about the plastic flags.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

id just like to be the first to congratulate Stanny and his boyz for this successful EPL season. After watching last night, i estimate you will collect 114 points, score over 120 goals and not concede any. Sariball cannot be stopped.

Also, if you start your best player i think you'll get even more than the 114 points.

from my estimates that should be enough to secure you a top 4 spot.

Congrats.
    Seems like I am WRONG