Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily International News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

FFA have postponed the season - games to be rescheduled when virus flattens......

They will review the situation on April 22nd 2020.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    FFA have postponed the season - games to be rescheduled when virus flattens......

They will review the situation on April 22nd 2020.
    We better be allowed to go when the games are played

No more behind closed Door shit

We got the longest off season ever

Assuming then local football won't be able to be played before this date then too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Too much money in the game not to finish the season one way or another, whenever it is safe to do so.
    Mainly speaking from a promotion/relegation point of view. It would be huge to deny Leeds, WBA and others their shot at promotion.
    I think we will see a very condensed season behind closed doors. Just a mid season break.

Y’all will still get to watch Liverpool implode.
    Hi. newbie here)

Considering the huge popularity of Premier League football in countries like Japan and Korea, possible for the EPL clubs to be granted permission to fly their squads over to those countries where the COVID-19 threat has been managed and (should it be safe to do so) play the remaining matches in their stadiums before sellout crowds?

The teams would get to play in front of full houses, security would be impeccable in those countries and it would be a treat for those fans to see Premiership football on their doorstep- as well as a great cash cow for the EPL.
    onplanners
    Last edited by cowolter; 30-03-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cowolter View Post
    Hi. newbie here)

Considering the huge popularity of Premier League football in countries like Japan and Korea, possible for the EPL clubs to be granted permission to fly their squads over to those countries where the COVID-19 threat has been managed and (should it be safe to do so) play the remaining matches in their stadiums before sellout crowds?

The teams would get to play in front of full houses, security would be impeccable in those countries and it would be a treat for those fans to see Premiership football on their doorstep- as well as a great cash cow for the EPL.
    That will require those countries to be prepared to allow foreigners into their countries

I doubt UK Residents will be allowed in to foreign countries until the situation in the UK is under control

Being the situation is under control the need to play games Outside of the UK becomes redundant

Bundesliga resumes.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52576780

Takes the "world first" aspect away from the NRL.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/vide...est-videos-twg

Didn't know where to post this.

You think you've seen it all but football never fails to creat the bizzare an unimaginable.
    Can't.write.this.shit.

EDIT:- TWG vid removed.
    Here it is for eternity on UToob
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivfTNE9WDGo
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 12-10-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/vide...est-videos-twg

Didn't know where to post this.

You think you've seen it all but football never fails to creat the bizzare an unimaginable.
    Can't.write.this.shit.
    I saw that. It's beautiful and unfortunately I can relate to this more than almost any other professional goal I've ever seen, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

**** this super league, it'll get no support from me and Chelsea can get ****ed if they persist with it
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Can somebody clarify wtf this is?
    Is it instead of EPL etc? Or is it in conjunction with? Like when is this supposed to be played/happen?

Can somebody clarify wtf this is?
    Is it instead of EPL etc? Or is it in conjunction with? Like when is this supposed to be played/happen?
    Basically as I understand its to replace the UCL but only involving the "Big Teams" and they get more money and smaller clubs cant qualify. As much as I hate it's funny how theve included a team that hasn't won the league since 2004 and a team that hasnt won it since the 60s and say its for big teams

love at first sight

And like if FIFA is so against it, can’t they veto it?

Does it replace UCL?
    Does it replace EPL?

I don’t really have a problem with it from what I know. But I feel like I don’t fully understand it.
    To me it sounds like a pre season comp, but in the middle of the season with clubs trying to profit from One another’s success.
    I think the clubs should be free to compete how they please, but it shouldn’t be at the expense of their domestic of existing obligations.
    Atm, can clubs decline to participate in UCL if they qualify?

I feel like I’m not grasping the concept and it’s ramifications.

Like if they plan on disrupting the UCL or EPL, then I agree it’s wrong. But if they just wanna have a competition between themselves at some
    Point and still do everything else, go for it.

Does it replace UCL?
    Does it replace EPL?

I don’t really have a problem with it from what I know. But I feel like I don’t fully understand it.
    To me it sounds like a pre season comp, but in the middle of the season with clubs trying to profit from One another’s success.
    I think the clubs should be free to compete how they please, but it shouldn’t be at the expense of their domestic of existing obligations.

Like if they plan on disrupting the UCL or EPL, then I agree it’s wrong. But if they just wanna have a competition between themselves at some
    The big clubs wont be in the UCL, Fifa and UEFA threatening to ban players invovled from domestic and internation competitions and been talk of kicking the "big 6" out of the prem (Which will never happen)

love at first sight

Does it replace UCL?
    Does it replace EPL?

Effectively it's I place of UCL and UEL competitions, well that's how it was planned by the big 12. The plan is to have 20 teams, with 15 of those as permanently in the comp and 5 qualifying each year from other leagues. They play as 2 X 10 team groups and the top 8 all play a finals series like we do. Games would be moved all around the world to promote it more and allow other countries to see the best players each week. The big 15 (the current 12 plus Bayern, PSG and Dortmund) would never be dropped from comp and wouldn't need to qualify through the league.

Now, FIFA, UEFA, FA, Serie A and La Liga have told these teams that they won't be allowed to compete in their domestic leagues if anyone chooses to join the Super League, as well as banning player from playing International fixtures. So it would become an entirely closed league with the same teams and players facing each other. All the money from big game football is funneled directly into these giant clubs owners pockets and nothing will trickle down to the smaller teams and competitions. Domestic leagues would have less funds and would slowly drop off, lower divisions would likely fold after a few years.

It's everything wrong with modern football ownership magnified.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

The German clubs have said no to the super league pretty sure

love at first sight

The premier league ****ed up when they first allowed Chelsea to buy their titles, they tried to correct their mistake with FFP when City did it and failed miserably. So now these owners have become even more brazen and want to guarantee their financial success for the foreseeable future. Wenger said this would happen a decade ago and anyone who's surprised by it obviously wasn't paying enough attention, this was unfortunately inevitable.

Hopefully the FA has the balls to deduct all these teams points and and let them try to make it without the local fans immediately. I'm ok with my club having to start again from the 5th tier, along with the other 5 teams, as long as they do something to stop this happening again with clubs going bankrupt chasing promotion and oligarchs treating teams like play things.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    The German clubs have said no to the super league pretty sure
    They are just waiting for the anger to die down before announcing their plans to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The premier league ****ed up when they first allowed Chelsea to buy their titles, they tried to correct their mistake with FFP when City did it and failed miserably. So now these owners have become even more brazen and want to guarantee their financial success for the foreseeable future. Wenger said this would happen a decade ago and anyone who's surprised by it obviously wasn't paying enough attention, this was unfortunately inevitable.

Hopefully the FA has the balls to deduct all these teams points and and let them try to make it without the local fans immediately. I'm ok with my club having to start again from the 5th tier, along with the other 5 teams, as long as they do something to stop this happening again with clubs going bankrupt chasing promotion and oligarchs treating teams like play things.
    So they were ok with Arsenal and Man United buying trophies in the 90s and early 2000s?

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So they were ok with Arsenal and Man United buying trophies in the 90s and early 2000s?
    Let's discuss the issue at hand first and you and I can pick this little discussion up later on Stan, cool?