Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily International News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

I'd be confident to say that discrimination and hate crimes are more prevalent today than they were in the 60's and 70's - it's just that the distribution has changed.

Thanks to mum ticking a certain box on a government form I can confirm that certain sectors of society are treated differently when they face the same problems.

I'd be confident to say that discrimination and hate crimes are more prevalent today than they were in the 60's and 70's - it's just that the distribution has changed.
    i dont/nor cant dispute that. You only have to look at the reason why we are discussing it (a black man going to work getting called a Monkey C***) to see that its still around.
    its just that any kind of bullshit like this gets called out instead of accepted.
    TV shows like Kingswood Country and Love Thy Neighbour might not have been considered 'offensive' at the time. But today they are just not how its done. The world has moved on, and so should attitudes. Of course people take it too far (hating on Megan Markle because shes a snot nosed royal isnt racism, hating on Megan Markle because shes black is), Jussie Smollett was a perfect example. but guess what, he lied and paid a heavy price too. We dont have to put up with that bullshit either.

We still have countries that dont let women go to the football, nor drive. Its still around and its shit.
    But im more than cool just living in a place that doesnt feel the need to put up with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

How ever would you come to that conclusion...........

Because we live in a world where women get the pussy pass so are denied the smack in the head a male gets when he carries on in similar circumstances

Doesn't mean that when some man steps over the line and smacks a woman that she didn't do anything to warrant it

Hell the don't hit women thing drummed in to men saves them all a lot of arse whooping

Because plenty of women cross the line with their behaviour as they aren't held accountable for their actions like a man would be thanks to this policy men have

oh.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    How ever would you come to that conclusion...........oh.
    Because the range of tools and opportunities available for such purposes have increased as well as people's access to them.
    I'd definitely say body shaming is a bigger thing now than it was in the 60's and 70's - not just for women but for men also.
    Attacks upon peoples socioeconomic status today are far more common than they were in the past. The term dole bludger was not even around in the 1960's. It was a term developed by a Melbourne Newspaper using a photo of some well to do kids around a swimming pool who'd probably never been unemployed for a day in their life.
    Today, you don't need to be a journalist or own a newspaper to spread such hate - anyone can do it with just a phone or a computer.
    Narcissism in general is much more prevalent today than it was in the past but admittedly it's been my generation that allowed it to happen - but current generations have taken it to another level.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-10-2019 at 12:35 PM.

i dont/nor cant dispute that. You only have to look at the reason why we are discussing it (a black man going to work getting called a Monkey C***) to see that its still around.
    its just that any kind of bullshit like this gets called out instead of accepted.
    TV shows like Kingswood Country and Love Thy Neighbour might not have been considered 'offensive' at the time. But today they are just not how its done. The world has moved on, and so should attitudes. Of course people take it too far (hating on Megan Markle because shes a snot nosed royal isnt racism, hating on Megan Markle because shes black is), Jussie Smollett was a perfect example. but guess what, he lied and paid a heavy price too. We dont have to put up with that bullshit either.

We still have countries that dont let women go to the football, nor drive. Its still around and its shit.
    But im more than cool just living in a place that doesnt feel the need to put up with it.
    Love thy neighbor is only offensive to white people. In Nigeria and the Weest Indies it rates well even today because it portrays Eddie as the idiot / dickhead and Bill as the intelligent / voice of reason. It also protrayed Kate and Barbie [the wifes] as being smarter than both the men put together.
    It's really a statement against racism and gender discrimination. To be pro racism it would have portrayed Bill as the bad guy and Eddie as a victim.

A lot of white people in the 70's found Love Thy Neighbor and Kingswood country offensive. It's completely wrong to think of it as being universally accepted.
    I prefered to watch Good Times or Mash.

Think of it like saying today that everyone thinks the Kardashian Family are wonderful.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-10-2019 at 12:57 PM.

It's really a statement against racism and gender discrimination.
    because we needed a charming British sit-com to teach us all about racism and discrimination?

nah.
    Last edited by plague; 23-10-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Because the range of tools and opportunities available for such purposes have increased as well as people's access to them.
    I'd definitely say body shaming is a bigger thing now than it was in the 60's and 70's - not just for women but for men also.
    Attacks upon peoples socioeconomic status today are far more common than they were in the past. The term dole bludger was not even around in the 1960's. It was a term developed by a Melbourne Newspaper using a photo of some well to do kids around a swimming pool who'd probably never been unemployed for a day in their life.
    Today, you don't need to be a journalist or own a newspaper to spread such hate - anyone can do it with just a phone or a computer.
    Narcissism in general is much more prevalent today than it was in the past but admittedly it's been my generation that allowed it to happen - but current generations have taken it to another level.
    anyway we are now at the stage where everyone is missing the obvious gags so im bummed out and am ready to go for a walk.
    plus you know the good Member is about to thunder in and make some fart noises with his keyboard again soo.

lets get back to football.

Benzema is now the 4th highest all time Champions League goalscorers.
    thats just a stunning, stunning stat.
    the hell are we even watching anymore?
    Seems like I am WRONG

Benzema is now the 4th highest all time Champions League goalscorers.
    thats just a stunning, stunning stat.
    the hell are we even watching anymore?
    His off field life hasn't helped his profile. Great player but controversy often surrounds him.

His off field life hasn't helped his profile. Great player but controversy often surrounds him.
    Oh. Didn't know he had any issues.

Just found it weird as he always seemed to be the guy playing striker until Madrid could sign a proper striker.
    Plus needed to share those goals with Ronaldo and being 4th is pretty amazing.

Oh. Didn't know he had any issues.

Just found it weird as he always seemed to be the guy playing striker until Madrid could sign a proper striker.
    Plus needed to share those goals with Ronaldo and being 4th is pretty amazing.
    Underage prostitute case with Ribery [Case eventually dropped], doesn't sing the French National Anthem, alleged blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena [Case also dropped I think]... he's no stranger to controversy - but he's no doubt a target as well.

Banned from the French National team as well I think

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Banned from the French National team as well I think
    Everyone is banned from the French national team nowadays. Deschamps is a very arrogant man. Luckily for him they managed to win the World cup otherwise he was 100% getting punted once they were knocked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Underage prostitute case with Ribery [Case eventually dropped], doesn't sing the French National Anthem, alleged blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena [Case also dropped I think]... he's no stranger to controversy - but he's no doubt a target as well.
    wow, that seems like......a lot.

also goes to show that all the wokeness in the world doesnt matter if you're banging the goals in.

him, Suarez, Vardy. everyone hates you til you get the winner in the 90th huh.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    CR7
    Messi

And who is the other one on that list??

CR7
    Messi

And who is the other one on that list??
    Raul.

Lewandowski is 5th, which is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Raul.

Lewandowski is 5th, which is pretty good.
    yeah theres a good chance both Benzema and Lewandowski both catch Raul too.
    when you think of both those blokes, one has always been in the 'best striker of his era' conversation and the other has always seemed like a stop gap.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah theres a good chance both Benzema and Lewandowski both catch Raul too.
    when you think of both those blokes, one has always been in the 'best striker of his era' conversation and the other has always seemed like a stop gap.
    Benzema has a poor rep since he's been generally asked to play second fiddle to CR, often meaning he played as somewhat of a false 9 - although he's done so extremely well and still managed to contribute his own goals too.

Watch some clips of him playing in the French league.

Just looking at his goal stats, he's never been in the same conversation as those shooting for a goal a game. But no doubt he's a top player. Apparently, adjusting for subs etc, he's at 0.77 goals per 90 minutes.

I guess the other thing with the list is opportunity - the thing in common with that list is players who've played a long time at clubs that regularly appeared in the business end year on year.

U17 World Cup semi is on right now.. Mexico vs Netherlands..
    Looks like its just starting for penalty shoot out!

Live stream on TWG:
    https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/matc...etherlands-u17

Banned
    One game to go in the HAL season and Ange Postecoglou is on the brink of being the first Skip manager to win a foreign league title

His Yokahama F Marinos play 2nd placed FC Tokyo at home next Saturday with a 3 point lead and only need to avoid losing by 4 goals to win the J League

Amazing achievement for a Skip coach and hopefully the catalyst for more Slips getting opportunity around the world

King Carlo sacked. Expect Arsenal to move in for him