Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    So if the ref calls it off?
    who benefits then?
    Ref already has the power to call a game off already
    So consult the competition rules then

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Ref already has the power to call a game off already
    So consult the competition rules then
    but heres the problem. The refs obligations and instructions are written down in the rules in black and white (pardon the pun).
    but once we enforce the rules, it then goes off into the never never for a bunch of suits to decide.
    same with racism, the ref can call it off, but no one has any idea what happens after that.

and fwiw, you are actually dead wrong as far as people bringing their 'beliefs' into football.
    its in the rules, the same as offside, the same as handball the same as the whole of the ball being over the whole of the line.

people bringing racism into the game is not some trendy cause. its a ****ing rule.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    but heres the problem. The refs obligations and instructions are written down in the rules in black and white (pardon the pun).
    but once we enforce the rules, it then goes off into the never never for a bunch of suits to decide.
    same with racism, the ref can call it off, but no one has any idea what happens after that.

and fwiw, you are actually dead wrong as far as people bringing their 'beliefs' into football.
    its in the rules, the same as offside, the same as handball the same as the whole of the ball being over the whole of the line.

people bringing racism into the game is not some trendy cause. its a ****ing rule.
    The refs obl8gations and instructions are not really well written down in black and white for abandoning games based on racist comments from the crowd

It is a very liberal interpretation of a loosely word rule that would give him the ok to do it

The reason it is though an option is from policy of FAs and your suits you refer to and it would be them pushing this angle on referees to do this

Yes it would then go back to them to adjudicate but then is this any different than them fining Bert 5k last year for what were pretty mild comments about refereeing standards in the HAL??

The people making rules decide the punishment etc

It is all open to interpretation and thus becomes a cluster **** from the get go

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So Racism is just a part of society and we should just accept it and try and ignore it? Wow you always find ways to sink lower and lower
    Will racism be totally stopped, honestly, I doubt it. Been around for decades. Being serious for minute it is the reaction, fuelled by social media that is making this seem bigger that it ever was.

Go back to the 70's - Clyde Best and The Three Degrees (Cunningham, Batson and Regis) - they copped it when common derogatory words were acceptable socially and in media. Guys like that went through far more hell as trailblazers, didn't blink, stood their ground played football and won. They, and several others, are true football legends. After their efforts racism dropped out of the newspapers for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Go back to the 70's - Clyde Best and The Three Degrees (Cunningham, Batson and Regis) - they copped it when common derogatory words were acceptable socially and in media. Guys like that went through far more hell as trailblazers, didn't blink, stood their ground played football and won. They, and several others, are true football legends. After their efforts racism dropped out of the newspapers for some time.

yes thats a good take remember how Halle Berry is 80% deaf in one ear from getting the shit beaten out of her by her partner but shes now super famous so maybe its cool to keep beating the shit out of little girls and maybe they'll grow up one day to win an Oscar too ITS ALL ABOUT MENTAL FORTITUDE GUYS!!!!!!
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

The refs obl8gations and instructions are not really well written down in black and white for abandoning games based on racist comments from the crowd

It is a very liberal interpretation of a loosely word rule that would give him the ok to do it

The reason it is though an option is from policy of FAs and your suits you refer to and it would be them pushing this angle on referees to do this

Yes it would then go back to them to adjudicate but then is this any different than them fining Bert 5k last year for what were pretty mild comments about refereeing standards in the HAL??

The people making rules decide the punishment etc

It is all open to interpretation and thus becomes a cluster **** from the get go

ive often thought the offside rule is a Right Wing Conspiracy too brah.
    Seems like I am WRONG

For anyone wondering what actually happened and the aftermath.
    https://deadspin.com/fa-cup-match-to...e-f-1839237634
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    For anyone wondering what actually happened and the aftermath.
    https://deadspin.com/fa-cup-match-to...e-f-1839237634
    So we got people taking offence blowing this up deluxe when it didn't happen to them

Where exactly is the victim in all this ??

Pretty silent it seems

That just as big apart of the problem here.

Outrage culture with all these Muppets taking offence on behalf of some other ****

These people are just creating mountains out of molehills when the victim makes less if a fuss than they do

So we got people taking offence blowing this up deluxe when it didn't happen to them

That just as big apart of the problem here. Outrage culture with all these Muppets taking offence on behalf of some other ****

These people are just creating mountains out of molehills
    Ummmm.. the victim is the bloke having sh!t thrown at him and being called a "a monkey c$#%" JUST because of the colour of his skin...

How is that right? Or a simple molehill?
    It's more concerning that you can't see that that sort of behaviour is absolutely fvcked and totally unacceptable..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Ummmm.. the victim is the bloke having sh!t thrown at him and being called a "a monkey c$#%" JUST because of the colour of his skin...

How is that right? Or a simple molehill?
    It's more concerning that you can't see that that sort of behaviour is absolutely fvcked and totally unacceptable..
    And who is blowing this issue up??

The victim or other people it didn't actually happen to ???

Because old mate seems to have said and done **** all

Pretty silent it seems

and Achillea said the defender was so incensed he had to be restrained from approaching away fans
    if wanting to punch on with some racists assholes is 'being silent' then cool cool.

I mean, its right there in the article.

Im getting worried Member, you used to be able to deliver these with just enough over the top idiocy that any normal person could see that you couldnt be serious.

nowadays, just idiocy.

I guess you're getting both better, and worse at the same time.

so ummm congrats (i think).
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    if wanting to punch on with some racists assholes is 'being silent' then cool cool.

I mean, its right there in the article.

Im getting worried Member, you used to be able to deliver these with just enough over the top idiocy that any normal person could see that you couldnt be serious.

nowadays, just idiocy.

I guess you're getting both better, and worse at the same time.

so ummm congrats (i think).
    Where the goal keeper in all this??

90% of the actions of these morons seem to be directed his way

Probably fearing for his safety by a group of racists thugs. What do you want him to do, come out and antagonize even more racist Neanderthals? Do you think he doesn't deserve to be treated like a human because he won't come out and fight the guys who attacked him with bottles and spit and verbal abuse?

Hopefully the replay is filled with better people and Yeovil Town don't get punished for a small group of idiot fans. But if they can't control their fans, then the team gets punished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

yes thats a good take remember how Halle Berry is 80% deaf in one ear from getting the shit beaten out of her by her partner but shes now super famous so maybe its cool to keep beating the shit out of little girls and maybe they'll grow up one day to win an Oscar too ITS ALL ABOUT MENTAL FORTITUDE GUYS!!!!!!
    Dave Justice left Halle Berry around 1996. She reacted by taking out a restraining order against him. Later on she spoke out about being in a violent relationship which led to her losing 80% of her hearing in one ear.
    People automatically assumed it was David Justice that was responsible.
    Some time after 2010 Halle Berry mentioned that the incident leading to her deafness took place years before she was with David Justice.

Ouch.

I think everyone now knows who it was now but holy crap pretty low act letting Justice cop shit for so long.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 22-10-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I think everyone now knows who it was now but holy crap pretty low act letting Justice cop shit for so long.
    nah, none of this is any of her fault.
    and **** any of you dinosaurs for even insinuating it.

just because some of you had a giggle at some bullshit 70's British 'comedies' doesnt mean that shit still flies.
    we dont need to go back and lynch everyone for their views and statements back in the day, it was a different time. i get it.

but nowadays, if you cant grasp the concept of 'dont be racist' and 'dont beat up women' then theres nothing more society can do for you.
    Seems like I am WRONG

The good member auditioning as the new commissioner of the AFL.

Every time you miss, just move the goalposts so you can award yourself some points.

well played.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned

just because some of you had a giggle at some bullshit 70's British 'comedies' doesnt mean that shit still flies.
    we dont need to go back and lynch everyone for their views and statements back in the day, it was a different time. i get it.

but nowadays, if you cant grasp the concept of 'dont be racist' and 'dont beat up women' then theres nothing more society can do for you.
    How can you make the statement that none of this is any of her fault??

She could be a total bitch in real life you wouldn't have a clue what type of toxic female behaviour she has

Doesn't justify the response of giving her a flogging as you don't hit women

But the reality is violence is a human response to poor behaviour

And I don't believe that people copping flogging never said or did a thing because that ain't how things go

How can you make the statement that none of this is any of her fault??

Doesn't justify the response of giving her a flogging as you don't hit women
    I love it when right between big breaths through your mouth that you both disagree with me, then yourself, all in the one post.

It's a skill.

I was around in the 60's and 70's and on balance things haven't really changed for the good anywhere near as much as the media / revisionists let on.

Anyone that referred to a person of colour in a derogatory way was pretty much jumped by the majority of people and pulled into line.

Your idea of how things were is nothing even approaching reality - it's just a sensationalised media perspective.

Absolutely true that bad shit happened back in the 60's and 70's but there's a lot of racist / sexist shit going down over the past ten years or so which would have horrified people back in the 60's and 70's as well with respect to social media abuse and legalized racism / sexualism / religious bias and so on now under the banner of "Cultural Fit".

I'd be confident to say that discrimination and hate crimes are more prevalent today than they were in the 60's and 70's - it's just that the distribution has changed.

EDIT: Just read the members response to your response to my post. Holy crap - it would appear that my post has given out the wrong message. That was not my intention. Nobody deserves to be beaten up like Berry was. But nobody should let an innocent man be subjected to personal abuse for ten years either.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-10-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Banned
    I love it when right between big breaths through your mouth that you both disagree with me, then yourself, all in the one post.

It's a skill.
    Because we live in a world where women get the pussy pass so are denied the smack in the head a male gets when he carries on in similar circumstances

Doesn't mean that when some man steps over the line and smacks a woman that she didn't do anything to warrant it

Hell the don't hit women thing drummed in to men saves them all a lot of arse whooping

Because plenty of women cross the line with their behaviour as they aren't held accountable for their actions like a man would be thanks to this policy men have