Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily International News Thread

No news article not in French that I can see yet but Bruno Metsu has passed away from a long term battle with cancer.

The sin bin for football?? Thoughts?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...-1226776728268

Really bad idea. I like how it currently works

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The sin bin for football?? Thoughts?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...-1226776728268
    No. Would be rubbish.

Should just let video review look at yellow cards as well as reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    No. Would be rubbish.

Should just let video review look at yellow cards as well as reds.

In other news India has won the right to host the 2017 under-17 World Cup. That's gonna be an enjoyable time for them getting smashed by the worlds best teens
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/FIFA-...d-Cup-to-India

Platini is a douche....
    Amigos Aarau

RIP Eusebio #Legend #WC1966 #Portugal #Benfica #1965UCL

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

http://www.football365.com/news/2155...-That-He-s-Gay

Former Aston Villa, West Ham and Everton midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger has revealed he is gay.

Hitzlsperger is the highest-profile footballer to 'come out' and follows American Robbie Rogers, who revealed his sexuality last year.

Hitzlsperger won 52 caps for Germany and finished his career at Stuttgart last year, retiring because of injury.

In an interview with Germany's Die Zeit newspaper, he said: "It has been a long and difficult process...only in recent years has it dawned on me that I would prefer to live with another man."

Hitzlsperger, 31, says he does not know any other players in Germany who are gay.

"I'm coming out about my homosexuality because I want to move the discussion about homosexuality among professional sportspeople forwards," Hitzlsperger said.

"I've never been ashamed of the way I am," he added, although he conceded it has not always been easy to live with some of the comments dished out on the subject.

"Just picture 20 men sat around a table together drinking - you've just got to let the majority be, just as long as the jokes are halfway funny and the talk about homosexuality doesn't get too insulting.

"In England, Germany or Italy, homosexuality is not taken seriously as an issue, at least not in the dressing room."

Aston Villa, the German's first English club, said on social media: "Everyone who knows Thomas from his time here at Villa has great respect for him, not only as the fine player he was but also as a man.

"His statement today is a straightforward statement and, along with our support as a club, we hope that everyone involved in the game extend to him their support as well."

While the Professional Footballers' Association said: "It is great that Hitzlsperger has discussed his sexual orientation openly. The PFA hope to learn from his experiences as a player."

Several footballers have voiced their support on social media, among them Arsenal's Lukas Podolski, who played alongside Hitzlsperger for Germany.

"Brave and right decision," he wrote. "Respect, Thomas Hitzlsperger. His outing is a important sign in our time."

QPR midfielder Joey Barton tweeted: "Thomas Hitzlsperger has shown a lot of courage today.

"Sad times when people have to wait till they retire from their chosen profession before they feel other people will judge them solely on who the human being is. Shame on all of us as a society."

Former England Under-21 international Justin Fashanu was the first professional footballer in Britain to come out in 1990 before he took his own life eight years later, aged 37.

Tennis legend Martina Navratilova came out publicly as gay in 1981 while John Amaechi was the first NBA player to openly admit to being gay in 2007.

Ex-Wales rugby union captain Gareth Thomas, plus England and Surrey wicketkeeper Steven Davies, have come out in the last five years.

Olympic boxing gold medallist Nicola Adams topped the Independent's annual 'Pink List' poll of influential lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in November 2012.

And last month Tom Daley revealed he was in a relationship with a man, while two other Olympic divers have previously come out.

Australian Matthew Mitcham announced he was gay in 2008 shortly before he won a gold medal at the Beijing Olympics, and four-time Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis revealed he was gay following his retirement in 1995.
    What an inspiration. Hopefully, if there's more gay pro players out there, they can too be comfortable enough with the fact.
    OK

The FFA has been screwing Jets fans in the ass for nine seasons. How is Thomas Hitzlsperger coming out even newsworthy ?

Ignore the fact that it comes from the sepo's

http://m.mlssoccer.com/news/article/...ampaign=Unpaid

UEFA & FIFA consider moving to a summer Schedule.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

AVB has another high profile job
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26625324

Thessaloniki: Police in Thessaloniki have arrested a PAOK fan accused of dumping a crate of fish on the visiting Olympiakos bench, in a stunt that delayed a tense Greek Cup semi-final for more than an hour.

Banned
    Barcelona will be able to buy and sell players this summer after Fifa suspended its transfer ban on the club.

The 14-month ban - imposed after the Spanish club were found to have breached rules on signing minors from overseas - is on hold pending an appeal by the club.

Football's world governing body said in a statement: "The chairman of the Fifa appeal committee considered that the appeal lodged by the club is to be granted suspensive effect."
    Absolute farce.

Just a way of circumventing the ruling to allow them to spend up big this summer. Stock up on the players they need and then they can deal with the consequences of the ban after they have rebuilt their squad.

Dis Grace

RIP Tito
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Ryan Giggs: Old Trafford united again by managerial natural
    beats Norwich 4-0 at home. SD could have gotten this result

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    beats Norwich 4-0 at home. SD could have gotten this result
    The same Norwich who pushed Liverfool a long way last week before going down 3-2???

Don't think so.

This was just the usual unpopular manager punted players inspired miracle that happens everytime someone gets the arse

Holy shit anyone near a computer google "polish football fan and riot police with capsicum spray" and post the pic on here.
    I'M GULLIBLE!