Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderers issues with Show Cause Notice.

Wanderers issues with Show Cause Notice.

This will be interesting to sit back and watch.

FFA issue Western Sydney Wanderers with show cause letter

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has issued a show cause notice to Western Sydney Wanderers following the misconduct of some of their supporters at Saturday night’s Hyundai A-League match at Etihad Stadium.

FFA has given the club until 5pm (AEDT) Wednesday afternoon to show cause why they should not face sanction for bringing the game into disrepute through the conduct of its supporters, which may include financial penalties and the loss of competition points under the FFA Code of Conduct.
    The show cause notice has been sent after FFA today received detailed incident and match reports from Victoria Police, Etihad Stadium management and FFA’s security advisers, outlining incidents that took place on Saturday night.

FFA CEO David Gallop today stated his extreme disappointment in the misconduct of some fans on Saturday night, which tarnishes the reputation of football, the Western Sydney Wanderers and the fans of the other nine Hyundai A-League clubs.

“FFA has received detailed reports from all stakeholders and has asked the Western Sydney Wanderers to show cause why they should not face sanctions for the behaviour of a group of fans on Saturday night,” Gallop said.

“This behaviour has clearly alarmed many people inside and outside the game. It simply cannot be tolerated.

“It is especially disappointing that it has happened at a time when we are working collectively to implement security and banning processes to rid of our game of this type of behaviour for the benefit of football and the true football fans who are tainted by these actions. That is an unfortunate but very real consequence of this behaviour and it underlines the damage that these troublemakers cause.

“We have noted the statements made by the Western Sydney Wanderers in relation to the misconduct and the damage the behaviour is doing to the game.”

FFA will also continue to work with police and stadium security to identify individuals and ensure they are subject to the banning procedures.
    http://www.a-league.com.au/article/f...d1ilff6dmtpwcc

So many wsw fans defending their own fans on this it's ridiculous.

Stupidity of the highest order considering the progress made with the protests before Christmas.

The timing of this (with an appeals process announcement due within weeks) clearly demonstrates these blokes don't care about anything but their own anti-authoritarian chest beating to earn Internet ultras points.

Raise the fine for possession to 10K.

Get the cops to make vendors record details of those purchasing them so they can be traced after they're ripped and thrown/dropped.

I love 'em, I think there great, but aren't they just aren't worth the shit the code cops on the media. Wait twenty years when the sports editors and leading journos are football folk not nrl cricket and afl people and we are the number one sport with controlling powers within mainstream media and go nuts.

Until then, you're hurting the game just to earn reps on ultrastifo.net.

**** off

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post

Stupidity of the highest order considering the progress made with the protests before Christmas.

The timing of this (with an appeals process announcement due within weeks) clearly demonstrates these blokes don't care about anything but their own anti-authoritarian chest beating to earn Internet ultras points.

Raise the fine for possession to 10K.

Get the cops to make vendors record details of those purchasing them so they can be traced after they're ripped and thrown/dropped.

I love 'em, I think there great, but aren't they just aren't worth the shit the code cops on the media. Wait twenty years when the sports editors and leading journos are football folk not nrl cricket and afl people and we are the number one sport with controlling powers within mainstream media and go nuts.

Until then, you're hurting the game just to earn reps on ultrastifo.net.

**** off
    What the FFA should do is, when a flare is set off eject 20 fans from the immediate area, watch how quick the perpetrators get dobbed in, no other fan groups set off flares get rid of them.

I have no sympathy for the clowns. They're getting upset because they're dumb enough to think this fine is because of one incident. It's not because of one incident you stupid mother****ers, it's a build up of frustration from the FFA, most other fans, clubs, administrators etc. because of WSW fan behaviour from day ****ing dot.

When a flare goes off grab all punters in a 5 metre radius and throw them all out if no one admits they did it. 20 to 30 expulsions will soon bring self policing. Stupid wank#rs

Wow, more than 1 person had the stupid idea to just throw out any person within the vicinity of flare? Here's a hypothetical... I light a flare and throw it 5 metres ahead of me and it lands at your feet. You and all your friends then get arrested and kicked out with a $10,000 fine? Do you have any problems with this?? Answer in the space below...

Sincerely the common sense Hobbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I think they should threaten the club with fines and point deductions and see if they can deal with things internally. Then the club will have to spend the money to setup cameras and ID scanners to catch people with flares thus not costing the rest of the league money in court cases and police investigations.

If they fail to do so then the FFA should dish out fines and point deductions until teams sort their sh%t out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

No away tix for Sydney derby...loss of 3 points...next home game behind closed doors.
    This is the sort of stuff UEFA do, bet we see none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post

Clearly demonstrates these blokes don't care about anything but their own anti-authoritarian chest beating to earn Internet ultras points.

**** off
    age mentality of 3yo's. "look what i can do to impress my greasy mong mates"

If they lost pts and money then the other rednblack sausage eaters might seriously police their own
    Last edited by hawk; 08-02-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    What the FFA should do is, when a flare is set off eject 20 fans from the immediate area, watch how quick the perpetrators get dobbed in, no other fan groups set off flares get rid of them.
    Problem with that is flares lighters will move into non active area and quickly disappear ..... If they don't get court what do you do then?...... 20 poor innocents get kicked out?.....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Someone will see and identify the perpetrators. Self policing. Said nothing about fining them. Just throw them out.

How well do the banning actually work. Ive never seen a security guard at a game checking peoples photos.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    How well do the banning actually work. Ive never seen a security guard at a game checking peoples photos.
    i have, at wsw. Checking anyone who took an interest in the away bay there. they didnt do it often

there is legit a clipboard with all the banned blokes heads and names on it that is distributed to the seccos and police on duty that day.

your hatamotos etc have known who most of the blokes who are up to mischief are for years, and the blokes that are on bans are usually nabbed pretty quickly if they try to defy them.

on another note - self policing, while it might sound like a great idea is about as useful as the old screen door on a submarine.

even if the behaviour is detrimental to the group, it's human nature (well strayan) nature to either shut up shop, blame someone else or just pretend you don't know anything about what happened before you dob someone in.

whether that's the right thing to do is up to the court of popular opinion, and i'm not going to tell people what to do...but the people who are involved in this stuff aren't the types to go and dob on their mates, even if they're dickheads.

the only way it will stop is by either severe bans, police getting blokes to sign in at the cop shop on game day UK style, or making it financially unviable for people to carry on the way they do. having a nerd who actually talks to the club telling him to stop doing it won't do a thing.
    Last edited by q-money; 08-02-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Nail em up i say!

i mean, i can clearly see why they deserve one more chance.
    not like its been going on since the first trial game of that club way back when or anything.

some of you lot could get a gig on the state parole board.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Club fines, loss of points and game played behind closed doors should all be repercussions against the club in which are considered.

Ban the person themselves for life if they can find out exactly who did it

The pain in the arse is that there's so many ways around things.

Announce a points deduction for flares....you watch the trads sneak into the away bay next time and rip one..... Or watch the RBB claim that's what happens.

Increase the fines for bringing them into games, and being in possession of them on game day.
    Tastsimis has made a pretty strong statement against them, it now needs to come from popovic and the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Have everyone that walks into the active supporter are for WSW walk past a sniffer dog:
    http://www.optimumk9security.co.uk/pyro-detection-dogs/
    Once the game starts have the dogs do a run up and down the first 5-10 rows of the bay.

Anyone found with a flare, ejected, $10,000 fine.

WSW to incur cost of the sniffer dog officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I think they should threaten the club with fines and point deductions and see if they can deal with things internally. Then the club will have to spend the money to setup cameras and ID scanners to catch people with flares thus not costing the rest of the league money in court cases and police investigations.

If they fail to do so then the FFA should dish out fines and point deductions until teams sort their sh%t out.
    I thought this happened after the incidents on the street in Melbourne a while back.

Why should they be threatened again if the club and supporters group hasn't been able to come up with a solution?

I think the FFA should come down extremely hard. How? I'm not entirely sure. However, after the work done by fans from around the league pre-Christmas to instigate, and get included in, discussions around transparency and protocol re banning of supporters and an effective appeals process, the FFA has every right to do however they please to get to the bottom of this. If it means the team has to cop the brunt of the discipline, so be it. The sooner they, along with the RBB, start acting rather then talking the better.