Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milos Trifunovic

Milos Trifunovic

2nd greatest man in the world after the griff (tied with franco parisi), give this man a ten year contract

What has been the turning point? Has looked so energetic the last few games. In comparison to earlier in the season when he looked like he couldn't give two shits.

Probably because he's finally getting some decent service.

But what's impressing me most is how well he is taking penalties.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Carney was holding him back obviously

Think i saw in the paper earlier this week that he said he waits for the keeper to move first before taking the shot.

Ice water in his veins when it comes to spot kicks. Clinical

From the school of Corbo.
    A fine institution.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Think i saw in the paper earlier this week that he said he waits for the keeper to move first before taking the shot.
    You needed the paper to tell you that? Blind Freedy could of told you that.

Question is, Keepers should be aware to it now. What will he do if they don't move.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I think I said elsewhere that Carney's method of holding the ball, then turning in and out a few times usually left Triff covered by central defence. He is now getting the ball a little quicker and it is making a difference - that in turn has boosted his confidence.

Banned
    Could also be a confidence thing.

He didn't look so bad when early in the season he was getting some goals.

When the teams form and his goals went down hill he looked lost.

Now the goals are flowing he looks better

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Ice water in his veins when it comes to spot kicks. Clinical
    Best pen taker in the A League!
    Seriously though, he's copped some flak but got to give him credit for having the balls to put his hand up to take pens in the first place. We had an illustrious marquee here a few years back getting paid big $$$ to play but I don't recall him putting his hand up to take pens!
    Some are saying, yeah he's scored 9 goals but 4 of them have been pens....he still has to put them in the back of the net FFS!!!

Clearly Milos has his limitations. Doesn't press, doesn't work too hard off the ball and really requires service on a platter to be effective.

BUT

It works. Happy to see how this season pans out before offering another contract but can easily see enough for one to be offered.

We have this history of turning over so many players season after season that players like milos only seem to work out the combinations and hit their straps by seasons end. Let's see how the rest of the season pans out but could be worth offering Milos,Leo, Nobby another year to see how a full off season together will get them to gel

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Best pen taker in the A League!
    Seriously though, he's copped some flak but got to give him credit for having the balls to put his hand up to take pens in the first place. We had an illustrious marquee here a few years back getting paid big $$$ to play but I don't recall him putting his hand up to take pens!
    Some are saying, yeah he's scored 9 goals but 4 of them have been pens....he still has to put them in the back of the net FFS!!!
    Would love to see the stats.......(hint...hint)....but I swear we are getting more penalties this year than ever before. My recollection is as long as I can remember the Jets struggle to be awarded penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Would love to see the stats.......(hint...hint)....but I swear we are getting more penalties this year than ever before. My recollection is as long as I can remember the Jets struggle to be awarded penalties.
    Fair point, yeah some seasons we may have got 1 or 2 all season. Four after just 19 games would be up there as one of the most prolific seasons for us getting pens.

Here's one for Jeterpool!!!.....Most pens awarded in a season for the Jets

Fair point, yeah some seasons we may have got 1 or 2 all season. Four after just 19 games would be up there as one of the most prolific seasons for us getting pens.

Monday I'll put it up
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I have placed penalty data in the Supporters thread

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/for...095#post145095
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

First few minutes of the Derby and Milos is put through by Leonardo, sure he is on a tight angle but as a striker instead of going for goal as a Griff or a Taggz would do, he does some dumb back heel without even looking if someone was there. I praised him a couple of weeks back but for his pen taking but as our #9 he has to show more hunger and fight and scrap for those 50-50's and put some pressure on the opposition defence. Look at Berisha, he is like a rabid pitbull in the opposition defences faces or Fornaroli, such a gifted player who will take charge and make things happen. Then you have others like MacLaren and Santalab who are very sharp in the box and have the hunger and instincts to score goals. Milos is neither here or there.
    If our club has higher aspirations for next year; to be contenders for a top four spot, we cannot do it with the current #9. Decent enough probably as a back-up option but not our first XI striker.
    Am I being too harsh?
    Thoughts

His hold up play was atrocious yesterday. Mariners defenders found it was to easy to dispossess him and the ones he did manage to lay-off were ordinary.

First few minutes of the Derby and Milos is put through by Leonardo, sure he is on a tight angle but as a striker instead of going for goal as a Griff or a Taggz would do, he does some dumb back heel without even looking if someone was there. I praised him a couple of weeks back but for his pen taking but as our #9 he has to show more hunger and fight and scrap for those 50-50's and put some pressure on the opposition defence. Look at Berisha, he is like a rabid pitbull in the opposition defences faces or Fornaroli, such a gifted player who will take charge and make things happen. Then you have others like MacLaren and Santalab who are very sharp in the box and have the hunger and instincts to score goals. Milos is neither here or there.
    If our club has higher aspirations for next year; to be contenders for a top four spot, we cannot do it with the current #9. Decent enough probably as a back-up option but not our first XI striker.
    Am I being too harsh?
    Thoughts
    I agree with you. He has the ability to put the ball away, but the hunger and ruthlessness isn't there. How many good crosses have we seen into his area where he's a step or two behind play? If he threw himself at a few of these balls he'd be near 15+ goals. Imagine having someone like McLaren playing in front of Leonardo

He is offside too much, never arcs or runs diagonals.