Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Milos Trifunovic

Looks it. Yeah..
    I hadn't seen that bottom pic before.. haha

Poor old Milosh cops a bit of a bagging on here.

He has scored 9 goals this season. A decent return.

Yes he has missed a few sitters, but at least he has 9.

Yes he isn't fast and won't run around like a headless chook like Matt Simon or Tomi Juric.

But he does give us an aerial threat and something different to the rest of the squad. I don't believe that pace is the only ingredient needed up front. If you're relying on getting in behind with pace as your sole weapon then defences should be able to death with it.

You need a mixture. Look at Perth, they have variety - aerial threat: Keogh, Garcia, Harold lol, pace: Harold set pieces: Marinkovic, Castro

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Looks it. Yeah..
    I hadn't seen that bottom pic before.. haha
    FMD, I'm glad she sorted herself out

Would have put this up earlier except some people had me (apparently) away last week attending an amateur stats conference.

Milos Trifunovic
    • Made 22 appearances for the Jets, all of which he started. He was substituted 7 times.
    • Claimed to be a 1 in 3 game striker, he lived up to his tag by scoring 9 goals during this period at a rate of 1 goal ever 207 minutes played.
    • Scored 4 goals in 3 appearanecs against Melbourne City.
    • Scored on his A-League debut against Wellington Phoenix.
    • Will leave the club as the 3rd highest number of penalties scored (4), coverting all attempts.
    • Will also leave the club with the equal second most offsides in a single season (28). Ante Milicic had 29 from 20 appearances in the first season of the A-League.
    • Also had the equal second most amount of offsides in a single match for the Jets with 6 against City in Rd 11. Donny De Groot holds the record with 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Donny De Groot Now he was a shit****

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Would have put this up earlier except some people had me (apparently) away last week attending an amateur stats conference.

Milos Trifunovic
    • Made 22 appearances for the Jets, all of which he started. He was substituted 7 times.
    • Claimed to be a 1 in 3 game striker, he lived up to his tag by scoring 9 goals during this period at a rate of 1 goal ever 207 minutes played.
    • Will leave the club as the 3rd highest number of penalties scored (4), coverting all attempts.
    • Will also leave the club with the equal second most offsides in a single season (28). Ante Milicic had 29 from 20 appearances in the first season of the A-League.
    • Also had the equal second most amount of offsides in a single match for the Jets with 6 against City in Rd 11. Donny De Groot holds the record with 8.
    can we have the stats for how many shots he missed??
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    can we have the stats for how many shots he missed??
    How about I focus on the number of shots he had instead.

51 shots, 17 on target, 9 goals
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

more shots on target for Newcastle than Messi and Ronaldo combined. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Only players to have a better goals per minute ratio than Triffo are Neumann, Gibbs, Parisi , Rodriguez, Petrovski, Taggart and Joel Griffiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Milos Trifunovic
    ....and zero assists too in those 22 appearances!
    Nice bloke and a gentleman from what I've heard about Milos, done okay here but if it came down to either him or Nobby....Nobby offers more to the team.