Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milos Trifunovic

He should be retained for his wife alone.

No doubt he has ability. Particularly in the air. His first touch needs work and he does need to do more off the ball. However, he is strong on the ball and has a passion for the team. Give him another year.

i always read this stuff that he should throw himself about more, chuck himself at lost causes, basically be some dumb hybrid of berisha/mclaren/matt simon...he's not and he never will be.

maybe he's a relic from a forgotten time, maybe he just wasn't made for the dumbness and ridiculous ping-ponging 18 yard nonsense acts of the a-league, or maybe he was just having a bad day at the office. admittedly he wasn't great yesterday, but with alivodic honking it up as well how could he possibly do any better?

a bloke like the triff is all about timing, which to be fair was nobody's strong suit yesterday.

just think what we actually could have had at one point...we could have had matt simon ffs

I'm torn. Something we lack in our front third is raw pace.

If a quicker player had the chance Milos had first up, they may have scored. It's unlikely they would have been run down.

If we have a quicker player, I also think it creates a bit more space in the midfield.

But Milos has good strength and has increased his output off the ball for the team considerably. He's also now a known quantity.

Will wait until season's end to judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'm torn. Something we lack in our front third is raw pace.

If a quicker player had the chance Milos had first up, they may have scored. It's unlikely they would have been run down.

If we have a quicker player, I also think it creates a bit more space in the midfield.

But Milos has good strength and has increased his output off the ball for the team considerably. He's also now a known quantity.

Will wait until season's end to judge.
    Fair call but I don't think he has "good strength", compare the way Fornaroli; a shorter yet stockier player is able to hold the ball up and keep possession under pressure.
    All comes down to $$$ in my opinion. Would keep him for next year as long as we aren't paying him ridiculous coin as I would place a 100% fit and healthy Labi above him in the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Fair call but I don't think he has "good strength", compare the way Fornaroli; a shorter yet stockier player is able to hold the ball up and keep possession under pressure.
    All comes down to $$$ in my opinion. Would keep him for next year as long as we aren't paying him ridiculous coin as I would place a 100% fit and healthy Labi above him in the pecking order.
    Fair point. Players like Fornaroli do tend to use their lower centre of gravity to protect the ball. he certainly doesn't seem to have the strength presence of Heskey, for example.

We missed someone like Labi yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    i always read this stuff that he should throw himself about more, chuck himself at lost causes, basically be some dumb hybrid of berisha/mclaren/matt simon...he's not and he never will be.

maybe he's a relic from a forgotten time, maybe he just wasn't made for the dumbness and ridiculous ping-ponging 18 yard nonsense acts of the a-league, or maybe he was just having a bad day at the office. admittedly he wasn't great yesterday, but with alivodic honking it up as well how could he possibly do any better?

a bloke like the triff is all about timing, which to be fair was nobody's strong suit yesterday.

just think what we actually could have had at one point...we could have had matt simon ffs
    A dumb hybrid? No. I just want him to be on the same page as the blokes pinging balls into him, rather than a step behind. And I wasn't talking about yesterday but all season.

I also find it ironic that you of all people is defending a guy that doesn't put as much effort or energy into his game than what he could. Are you saying you don't want him to be a little hungrier out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We missed someone like Labi yesterday.
    Ahhh..if Labi was there at fulltime he would have jumped the fence, skulled a beer, ripped off his shirt and shagged somebody's missus.

Miss him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post

He reminds me a lot of Viduka.

On his day he can be great but spends far too much time moping around the field not looking interested if things ain't falling his way.

I am also torn. With the right system and players around him he could get 20 goals a season in this League.

We also should look at foreign signings more long term than 1 year and see.

It is a tough call whether to back him again for next season or look elsewhere

Actually, I agree with the Member. Not unlike Viduka.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I also find it ironic that you of all people is defending a guy that doesn't put as much effort or energy into his game than what he could. Are you saying you don't want him to be a little hungrier out there?
    some of you blokes need to go check out how many times he picked the pocket of the gypo scum back near our 18 (otherwise known as not his problem) because he chased them down for no other reason than he wanted it more than anyone else. especially late in the game, bloke worked hard.

but yeah anyway lazy, doesn't care etc etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

He gave a mouthful to Enver in the first half when little Serbian had a shot instead of looking for tall Serbian.......I think he shows passion and he works pretty hard defensively.....he maybe does not get too many good delivery to shine upfront?.....Leo does great things but has not delivered much yet except last week for Nodies first goal......
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

He has his spastic moments as well

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    He has his spastic moments as well
    hey man I'm not hiding away from that at all.
    but considering the steaming pile of turd Middleby and co have given us these past few seasons Milos is def in the top tier of talent we've signed.
    better the devil you know etc etc etc
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Oh dear, comparing Milos to the great Dukes. Please do yourselves a favour and check out some goals packages on YouTube of Viduka just to jot your memories of what he could do. FMD, how embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Oh dear, comparing Milos to the great Dukes. Please do yourselves a favour and check out some goals packages on YouTube of Viduka just to jot your memories of what he could do. FMD, how embarrassing.
    yeah maybe check youtube to see the context in which they are being compared because it doesn't sound like you understood those posts.
    Seems like I am WRONG

he has a fit missus

sign him up
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    he has a fit missus

sign him up
    I would retain him, especially if we can get some better quality in behind him. I thought Sunday was the hardest he had worked all season, he lost the ball with a poor touch at one point and chased 40m to pick the gypo's pocket back in our half. Leonardo lost the ball similarly a few times and stood still and threw his hands in the air. Unless we have new owners who are willing to splash some cash about (Marc Janko is off contract after the Euros) then I would keep Milos and try and sign a young Aussie back up. Maybe in the mould of Ugar where we bring a young Aussie home (Skapetis or Demitriou come to mind)

Love Milos.. (most of the time)
    Keep him here..

Just curious...is this the same woman (a number of years apart)?