Page 238 of 242 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Dont apologise to me young man. I love you and everything you dig.
    But its not correct.
    US and A has a system. For every glowing insta post you read you need to underatand.

Obama had the power to do anything. And he did nothing.
    Dubbya had the country behind him and chose war over peace.
    Biden got the most votes in the history of mankind and has did nothing.
    If you think theres any difference between McConnell and Pelosi then you are a fool.
    All of these assholes are pathetic. Worshipping any of them is embarrasing.
    Oh I fully agree that this is the fault of many people who did nothing before now. The US been heading backwards for decades and instead of rioting in the streets they have been giving their leaders Nobel prizes to say thanks. They had quite literally 50 years to codify Roe v Wade but we're too busy bombing kids in small villages over a few barrels of oil and making sure poor kids couldn't eat.

I like the fact that the US is bringing about the downfall of capitalism, it's just creating way more collateral damage than I'd have hoped for. I can't wait to eat a billionaire with the violent mob that eventually catches up with them, I just hope that they haven't scorched the earth so badly that we can't save it.

So long as people in this country don't look at that shithole as anything but a warning I'm fine, but we are a bunch of idiots over here ourselves, so I'm not confident this doesn't start some shitty arse debates from popping up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Oh, so you just described how Wokes have ruined this country. Selective cancel culture based on a far left minority and you are unhappy about politics being based on a book.
    But for some reason if your team ruled the country with your views that would be OK. Hypocrite.

Youve only used an opinion to discredit another, when there is no such thing as the right way. You wont even have the ability to acknowledge that. No lefty fool does/
    Nice buzz words old man. I literally showed the numbers that prove that about 85% of the US people are FOR abortion rights. You want to try and bring some facts to the table or are you just going to throw out childish insults that are actually compliments to the people you're throwing them at.

"Leftie" means that a person has empathy.
    "Woke" means that I'm willing to continue to learn anything after I left school and I don't just listen to whatever the man on the TV tells me.
    There's no such thing as "cancel culture", what you're referring to is the consequences of people's actions.

All politicians are pieces of shit IMO, they don't act for you and I, they act for the people paying their bills every week. Look at how blatantly dodgy they are these days with the Barilaro nonsense, they don't care what we think because once they are out there's nothing we can do about them. Barilaro pork barreled himself into a wonderful life now and whatever it cost the taxpayers is none of his concerns. Well played to him, I guess.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Me mate Trumpy said in an interview that the abortion law was always going to overturned by the Supreme court, because he only appointed pro lifers
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Me mate Trumpy said in an interview that the abortion law was always going to overturned by the Supreme court, because he only appointed pro lifers
    Because that's what his bosses wanted all along, Trumpf was always just a puppet for the GOP to push through their agenda. Donald avoided slowly becoming irrelevant (likely his biggest fear) and lived the high life free of charge for a few years and the GOP gets what it wants whilst also being able to blame it all on a well known democrat that they don't care about.

Welcome to US politics.

You seem to have the answers, at what stage does abortion become murder

You seem to have the answers, at what stage does abortion become murder
    Abortion is healthcare, it's not murder.

My personal opinion doesn't matter because I'm not the one giving birth.

But my opinion is that you can't force women to have babies against their will, that's disgusting. So people should be more focused on sex education, the availability and understanding of contraception and support for women who do choose to give birth (maternity leave, access to support services, etc) if they want to stop abortions.

I'm on the fence with this because it doesn't affect me, but the woman from the abortion clinic was telling protesters " if it hasn't taken a breath, it's not alive" seems a bit late to be terminating

I'm on the fence with this because it doesn't affect me, but the woman from the abortion clinic was telling protesters " if it hasn't taken a breath, it's not alive" seems a bit late to be terminating
    I don't think this ruling has anything to do with when a pregnancy can or cannot be aborted, that's another debate all together. That sort of stuff is just used to distract from the real issue, same as the bible nonsense, which is the control over women's body's. It also needs to be noted that the US is decades behind us in regards to healthcare and even the acccessabilty of female hygeine products (obviously in certain states and not the entire place). The rate of death during pregancy in the US is the highest out of the developed world. 17.4 US women die from pregnancy related issues per 100,000 people, compared to 4.8 in AUS and 8.7 in France (which is the next worst). The US doesn't offer maternity leave, so families literally go hungry while the mothers give birth. The average cost of giving birth in the US is nearly $11,000 as well.

So, a woman won't get a choice if they do fall pregnant (doesn't matter if it's from rape, incest, too young to understand contraception, missed a couple of birth control pills or if birth control pills are banned by the state), they are going to have to survive on zero income during the birth and recovery, be out of pocket around $11,000 and have a horrendous welfare system to help if they do struggle.

If any of these so-called pro-lifers (not you guys but the Idiot Yanks claiming this is a win for everyone) actually gave a shit about kids they would have used some of the $billions they already spent getting this rammed through to actually improve things for women giving birth over there. Which would have actually drastically dropped the rate of abortion instead of just increasing the rate of illegal abortions like this result will.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I don't think this ruling has anything to do with when a pregnancy can or cannot be aborted, that's another debate all together. That sort of stuff is just used to distract from the real issue, same as the bible nonsense, which is the control over women's body's. It also needs to be noted that the US is decades behind us in regards to healthcare and even the acccessabilty of female hygeine products (obviously in certain states and not the entire place). The rate of death during pregancy in the US is the highest out of the developed world. 17.4 US women die from pregnancy related issues per 100,000 people, compared to 4.8 in AUS and 8.7 in France (which is the next worst). The US doesn't offer maternity leave, so families literally go hungry while the mothers give birth. The average cost of giving birth in the US is nearly $11,000 as well.

So, a woman won't get a choice if they do fall pregnant (doesn't matter if it's from rape, incest, too young to understand contraception, missed a couple of birth control pills or if birth control pills are banned by the state), they are going to have to survive on zero income during the birth and recovery, be out of pocket around $11,000 and have a horrendous welfare system to help if they do struggle.

If any of these so-called pro-lifers (not you guys but the Idiot Yanks claiming this is a win for everyone) actually gave a shit about kids they would have used some of the $billions they already spent getting this rammed through to actually improve things for women giving birth over there. Which would have actually drastically dropped the rate of abortion instead of just increasing the rate of illegal abortions like this result will.
    Was formulating a response to this thread, but you’ve said everything and more than I could.

I’m just glad I live in this nation with it’s healthcare.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Abortion is healthcare, it's not murder.

My personal opinion doesn't matter because I'm not the one giving birth.

But my opinion is that you can't force women to have babies against their will, that's disgusting. So people should be more focused on sex education, the availability and understanding of contraception and support for women who do choose to give birth (maternity leave, access to support services, etc) if they want to stop abortions.
    Abortion is not a form of contraception which is exactly what it is used for

You got choices already

Abstinence
    Contraception
    Adoption
    Parenthood

Try using one of these instead of using the killing of another lifeform as your get out of gaol card

Banned
    Also the most wonderful thing has occurred here

Finally the left have been able to put a definitive answer on what a woman actually is for a change

It's also wonderful to see the left show their true colours. Rioting and protesting all because they may not be able to freely kill a child.

Got to be some ****ed up individual to think this is something worth protesting and carrying on over

Oh dear.

Seen a gem on social media today.

The same people who are saying "don't have sex and you won't get pregnant" are the same people who believe in a religion based on a Woman falling pregnant without having sex.

Bloody Hilarious...
    Yet also terrifying that in 2022 CE we still have people all around the world believing in the stories written over 3000 years ago. What is terrifying is some of those same people want to force their dated beliefs on other's, it amazes me that these people think everyone else is irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Oh dear.
    Oh dear indeed....

Yeah look before we get to far in the weeds it has to be stressed that Member must be allowed his opinion on this. Mock him all you want but the simple fact is not wanting kids to die isnt as bad a position as many make it out to be.
    Its kind of like people being mocked for being a social justice warrior. Because wanting social justice is such a bad thing right?

Now, what everyone needs to remember now is that all the Supreme Court did was throw this decsion back to the states. Now they need to decide if there are more Frodos or more Members in their constituency and form policy based off it.
    Many states still have legal abortion, many states will have time limits and many states will have no abortion at all.
    And guess what, this is EXACTLY the same system Australia employs and it was only about a decade ago (from memory) where not all our states were on the same page.
    But instead of social media hysteria and lazy convienient protest we went to work with our legislators and got laws enshrined by the people WE elected (not appointed judges).
    America is going down the same path we went down, only like the beer fridge, clothesline and big sporting events before public holidays, Australia is years ahead of those dopes.
    Just because its not how you like it, doesn't make it undemocratic.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    And guess what, this is EXACTLY the same system Australia employs and it was only about a decade ago (from memory) where not all our states were on the same page.
    But instead of social media hysteria and lazy convienient protest we went to work with our legislators and got laws enshrined by the people WE elected (not appointed judges).
    America is going down the same path we went down, only like the beer fridge, clothesline and big sporting events before public holidays, Australia is years ahead of those dopes.
    I don't have the same level of optimism that you do in the US of A being able to achieve this with the level of decorum able to be achieved in other nations. Probably because there are many more people who consider themselves to be neither left or right or apolitical through all the states in Oz. The US has a huge issue with a massive amounts of people within states considering themselves Republican or Democrat with the exception of all else. There is little to no wiggle room in a lot of their politics and agendas.

Our political system may be useless with every politician being unlikeable from all parties, however we are waaaaaaaay less broken than they are.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

With all the silly stuff a side there are 2 things that really concern me.

First is only pertaining to America.
    There unfortunately are and will be American Women refused the treatment of a relatively safe medical procedure to save their lives. These Women who supposedly live in a modern, civil society will be refused that access despite the overwhelming medical research and evidence that show the benefits of that procedure.

The second is Worldwide.
    Be it Democracy, Ogilarchy, Monarchy or Dictatorship we still have governance that flat out refuse to separate the Church(Religion) from the state.
    It's 2022 FFS

It's pretty much the same argument they had in the sixties, and it's very simple, does the unborn child have any human rights. Frodo says no, Member says yes. Neither are loonies just a different opinions, although I wonder about Frodo sometimes

Banned
    although I wonder about Frodo sometimes
    I feel he is an inna-city greenie.

Anywho... alot to be said for the abortion debate. We will never have a black n white outcome here.

Feminists are eating themselves on this one. As a woman my choice vs As a woman my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    I feel he is an inna-city greenie.
    I feel like he's probably super good looking and a great dancer.... But I don't think is the right thread to talk about how great he is, this place is for silly arguments only.