Page 233 of 242 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Just the same as cancer doesn’t kill everyone on the same timeline, nor does this virus.
    Some people become infected and their immune system is great and fights it off before it can do too much damage and cause many symptoms, other people get sick and develop symptoms while their body fights it and for some their body tries to fight it and fight it but their symptoms get worse and their body gives up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The incubation period isn't constant.
    The rate of recovery isn't constant.

It's also a case of how much exposure you have to the virus determining how severely you get it.
    Therefore the more exposure someone has the greater / more severe the infections and holding all else constant you would expect the greater the chance of dying.
    The incubation period isn't constant
    The rate of recovery is inconsistent

Even if I pay you that

It does not negate that there has to have been plenty of infected people in the country in February and early March . Not every **** got infected in mid March all the same day so we would habe a spike in numbers now

I went to Thailand in early February. The chick on the plane who sat next to me had a mask on and there were plenty of others panicking about Corona

So it ain't like this issue started in mid March
    Plenty of Aussies had to have been infected in February but not detected as Corona because that is a logical assumption

Where the **** are the corpses because to have any form of logical consistency this disease would have to have been just as deadly then in February and early March as it is now in Late March and Early April to those infected by it

The Corona just ain't cranked it up 10 notches of deadly all of a sudden has it ??

Purely the demographic of those infected.
    The majority of deaths here in Australia are over 70, and a large chunk of them were the cruise ship. The cruise ship was full of older passengers. So logic says that they are more susceptible to it, and have a higher likelihood of death.

What’s your conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Even if I pay you that

It does not negate that there has to have been plenty of infected people in the country in February and early March . Not every **** got infected in mid March all the same day so we would habe a spike in numbers now

I went to Thailand in early February. The chick on the plane who sat next to me had a mask on and there were plenty of others panicking about Corona

Plenty of Aussies had to have been infected in February but not detected as Corona because that is a logical assumption

Where the **** are the corpses because to have any form of logical consistency this disease would have to have been just as deadly then in February and early March as it is now in Late March and Early April to those infected by it

The Corona just ain't cranked it up 10 notches of deadly all of a sudden has it ??
    You are thinking that the virus is a case of you either have it or you don't. That's not correct. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that the more someone is exposed to the virus the worse their symptoms. Hence why doctors are wearing full PPE and the majority of patients are being sedated.

Even if I pay you that

Aus corona deaths.jpg

Not sure where the spike is that you're talking about.

As for other countries being worried about it much earlier than us. That's partly due to culture and partly due to the fact that the infection curve started much earlier in other countries than it did here. Which is why we have the luxury of being able to look at how other countries handled and are handling things.

As for the death count rising, that's sort of how exponential growth works. The count of people confirmed as infected has grown exponentially. Logically there would be a correlation between the amount of people infected and the amount of people having serious / life threatening cases. Additionally, the more people are infected, the more people that are at risk (elderly, health compromised etc) that are going to contract it.

Of the 5,600 people that have tested positive, only 600 have “recovered”. I suspect they have either tested negative post treatment of symptoms or they have been discharged from Hospital in the Home programs as they no longer need assistance.
    34 have passed away, all aged 65-95.
    So there’s still 5, 000 people with the virus whose fate is undetermined.
    And the 20-30 age bracket has the most cases, based off NSW Health statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    As for other countries being worried about it much earlier than us. That's partly due to culture and partly due to the fact that the infection curve started much earlier in other countries than it did here. Which is why we have the luxury of being able to look at how other countries handled and are handling things.
    I have also seen several smart people being interviewed saying we are better off than Europe because we are in Summer, whereas they are in Winter. If we were in Winter it is probable we would be in far worse a state than current. And it is why they are taking the curve so seriously, so we can stop the spread before we hit our winter. It is also why people are being encouraged to get the flu shot.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I have also seen several smart people being interviewed saying we are better off than Europe because we are in Summer, whereas they are in Winter. If we were in Winter it is probable we would be in far worse a state than current. And it is why they are taking the curve so seriously, so we can stop the spread before we hit our winter. It is also why people are being encouraged to get the flu shot.
    From my understanding, the winter / colds & flus thing is more about cultural behaviour than actual temperature. In winter we tend to spend more time indoors, in closer proximity to others. Not saying the thing about winter is wrong, but somewhat of a tangent.

Winter poses the risk that people’s initial reaction is flu/cold and it is somewhat expected which results in people plodding along and going to work/doing things. Was in Europe in December and Jan and I don’t think my nose stopped running the entire time, had a sore throat from the dry cold winds.

Over here we have people freaking out with a runny nose, sore throat and/or a cough. Because it’s pretty easy to spot given where we are in our year. It’s easier to spot out of the ordinary symptoms.
    When we hit winter and get into flu season, hospitals are gonna be smashed with people thinking they have corona instead of a common cold. Flu is also serious but similarly to corona, presentation to hospital is only needed when symptoms are inhibiting beyond expected or practical.
    If we can get to a point before that where our presentations and new acquisitions of covid are significantly low, it will help the health system.

Banned
    Aus corona deaths.jpg

As for the death count rising, that's sort of how exponential growth works. The count of people confirmed as infected has grown exponentially. Logically there would be a correlation between the amount of people infected and the amount of people having serious / life threatening cases. Additionally, the more people are infected, the more people that are at risk (elderly, health compromised etc) that are going to contract it.
    You don't see the spike on the right hand side of your graph

Where is the consistent deaths in the February and Early to mid March period ??
    So nearly every one all got the deadly virus part of it all about March 25 onwards whilst we in this lock down . That quite convenient of it to strike us all now

As for exponential growth explaining deaths

Right now they can not or will not test everyone
    So there has to be people walking around with it throwing the infected numbers out
    These people also had to exist in February and Early March just as much

There is no consistency to say that this is not true

If that is the case an exponential rise is explained by testers starting to catch up with the reality

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Purely the demographic of those infected.
    The majority of deaths here in Australia are over 70, and a large chunk of them were the cruise ship. The cruise ship was full of older passengers. So logic says that they are more susceptible to it, and have a higher likelihood of death.

What’s your conspiracy?
    Well if you using logic like that you quarantine the sick and those at risk

Ie the old people and unfit

You don't quarantine the entire world

Most of the stats coming out are newly diagnosed.
    The rate of new infections is dropping, but the number of cases is growing.

And again, the virus affects people differently. It doesn’t just kill everyone on a standard timeline. The people dying with it today could’ve contacted it 2 months ago and their bodies were fighting and have given up. They could be somebody who got it yesterday who was already very unwell.

I don’t really understand what your angle is here or why it’s so difficult to understand that the resultant deaths from the virus can happen at any time.

It’s very early days to be reading into the numbers and determining patterns.
    Our stats are pretty good comparatively.
    I’m still getting notifications for each death. Beats being in a country where they may only notify every 1000.

Still unpredictable what happens when you contract the virus. You play roulette.
    It’s not all about you. There’s more people in the world than just you. Everyone’s being affected worldwide, celebrities the famous and the rich.
    Limiting the people infected, limits the deaths.

We are starting to limit the new infections and the death trends will continue for some time and will probably.
    As I said early.
    There’s 5000 Australians who have not died, and not recovered from the virus. They can still tip the numbers either way.

Aus corona deaths.jpg

Most of the states don't report on recovery, hence the skewed figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Until there is a vaccine, you quarantine everyone.

There have been kids as young as 18 dying from it in other countries. There have been young adults in the US with very mild asthma dying from complications. There is every chance the the virus is already mutating each time it gets transmitted to someone new as well.

Until there is a vaccine we will be under some sort of social distancing regulations, even when deaths and new cases go to 0. The bad news is that the vaccine looks like it's at least another 6 months away and could be 12-18 months away according the US. Here's hoping it's only 6 months away and we work out a system where people can get back outside but still keep their distance, but I 100% don't trust people to follow rules, hence why we have the lockdown in the first place. Cause of idiots who think they are at the centre of the universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I'd prefer to see a vaccine that cures stupid before one that cures Covid 19.

You’d think we’d be immune to it by now.
    We still keep coming back for a bigger dose each time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Still unpredictable what happens when you contract the virus. You play roulette.
    It’s not all about you. There’s more people in the world than just you. Everyone’s being affected worldwide, celebrities the famous and the rich.
    Limiting the people infected, limits the deaths.

We are starting to limit the new infections and the death trends will continue for some time and will probably.
    As I said early.
    There’s 5000 Australians who have not died, and not recovered from the virus. They can still tip the numbers either way.
    More people are being affected by the consequences of locking people down in their homes than they are by this Pandemic BS

Locking everyone down is the approach for the weak and fearful

You scared of catching it you do have a choice of staying out of society if you want

This approach is like burning your house down as you set fire to it because you used a flame thrower to kill a fly in your lounge room

Banned
    Gonna be hard when you have so many sheep who blindly accept what the media and politicians tell them

Everything those who defend the Govrrnmemts actions do so based on believing the information disseminated from media and politicians

Both groups habitual liars

Apparently this time they are telling the truth though

More people are being affected by the consequences of locking people down in their homes than they are by this Pandemic BS

Locking everyone down is the approach for the weak and fearful

You scared of catching it you do have a choice of staying out of society if you want

This approach is like burning your house down as you set fire to it because you used a flame thrower to kill a fly in your lounge room

If you think staying home a bit more is worse than the thought of people dying, you have bigger issues than this pandemic.

Stay home, stop crying, find some hobbies. You'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.