Page 231 of 242 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Police interpretations of the rules are all over the place. Quite a few people riding motorcycles are getting pulled over by police and being told to go directly home unless they are on their way to work or to get essential groceries.

Yet, there's nothing official against it and some states are even allowing motorcycling as exercise.

Obviously it's a very stressful time for police and they seem to be creating their own rules to make things a little easier for themselves.

I'm just leaving the bike at home now not because I fear any fine but because I don't want some fat piece of shit cop giving me the virus.
    Sorry to be this guy Dunster. But I don't think the cops would only pull over a bike to talk about where they are going. It sounds more likely that they were riding like/or looked like a hoon. I haven't had any cops pull me over yet and I don't expect any to either.

You are by yourself and it's near impossible to prove you weren't out buying something essential. No cop is going to waste his time pulling over every bike and ask them where they are heading without having another reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    You should not have to answer to anyone on where you go at anytime nor be subject to fines or restrictions from the Authoritarian state on a power and control grab

This is not a Communist country after all

Honestly, if you think what's happening is much different from regular day life you really need to wake up. You can already be pulled over by a cop at any time and questioned on what you are doing and why?

The fines are for people repeatedly flaunting the new regulations and as far as I'm aware has only been used to lock up the guy who was caught 3 times out of his house when he knew he had the virus and was told to self isolate for 2 weeks.

Which, I'm happy someone that arrogant and stupid is being thrown in jail. Give him 12 months to learn about how his actions affect other people and hopefully he comes back a better person.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Sorry to be this guy Dunster. But I don't think the cops would only pull over a bike to talk about where they are going. It sounds more likely that they were riding like/or looked like a hoon. I haven't had any cops pull me over yet and I don't expect any to either.

You are by yourself and it's near impossible to prove you weren't out buying something essential. No cop is going to waste his time pulling over every bike and ask them where they are heading without having another reason.
    You are wrong here. If police think you are riding like a hoon they will simply book you not give you a warning. The instances I refer to with friends and acquaintances being pulled over or approached are clearly cases of police wanting to know why they are out and about.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You are wrong here. If police think you are riding like a hoon they will simply book you not give you a warning. The instances I refer to with friends and acquaintances being pulled over or approached are clearly cases of police wanting to know why they are out and about.
    In Newcastle or Sydney? I guess I'll have to believe you on this, but I'm struggling to think of a single police officer I've ever met pulling a bike over just to ask where they are going, knowing full well that they can't prove them wrong no matter what they say?

Remember, the rules state that you can be out if you are shopping for essentials and that includes anything that you consume or is needed to keep your household or workplace going. So, you could say that you need almost anything from a shop without being wrong.

Banned
    Honestly, if you think what's happening is much different from regular day life you really need to wake up. You can already be pulled over by a cop at any time and questioned on what you are doing and why?

The fines are for people repeatedly flaunting the new regulations and as far as I'm aware has only been used to lock up the guy who was caught 3 times out of his house when he knew he had the virus and was told to self isolate for 2 weeks.

Which, I'm happy someone that arrogant and stupid is being thrown in jail. Give him 12 months to learn about how his actions affect other people and hopefully he comes back a better person.
    It amazing how you leftists are quite happy to sacrifice your freedoms for your fear

We have a mass epidemic of 20 something senior citizens falling off the perch in the space of 3 weeks or so and you are happy to sign every one up to live in your Police state

Quite evident at times like this the left is not really about personal freedom

Power and being controlled by others is your favoured choice

In Newcastle or Sydney? I guess I'll have to believe you on this, but I'm struggling to think of a single police officer I've ever met pulling a bike over just to ask where they are going, knowing full well that they can't prove them wrong no matter what they say?

Remember, the rules state that you can be out if you are shopping for essentials and that includes anything that you consume or is needed to keep your household or workplace going. So, you could say that you need almost anything from a shop without being wrong.
    You can also be out for exercise and that's where things get complicated. For a lot of people motorcycle riding is exercise as much as it is therapeutic for their mental health.

It amazing how you leftists are quite happy to sacrifice your freedoms for your fear

We have a mass epidemic of 20 something senior citizens falling off the perch in the space of 3 weeks or so and you are happy to sign every one up to live in your Police state

Quite evident at times like this the left is not really about personal freedom

Power and being controlled by others is your favoured choice
    Again you missed the point and just went on another boomerish rant.

From what I can see, this is not far removed from the rules we already had albeit a bit more enforcement. If you think we have lived in magical freedom land until just last week then so be it. But you aren't being oppressed, you're just using this as an excuse to yell at the sky about how the world is too harsh for your liking.

Toughen up snowflake.

Banned
    Again you missed the point and just went on another boomerish rant.

From what I can see, this is not far removed from the rules we already had albeit a bit more enforcement. If you think we have lived in magical freedom land until just last week then so be it. But you aren't being oppressed, you're just using this as an excuse to yell at the sky about how the world is too harsh for your liking.

Toughen up snowflake.
    Of course I am being oppressed

I am not allowed out of the country
    I am not allowed to go the gym
    I am not allowed to go the cinema

I happy to go out and take my chances with the Chinese Flu

I am being oppressed by weak willed politicians and snowflakes who are afraid of catching a cold and their own mortality

I ain't afraid of death as I believe in God

Maybe the snowflakes worried about their mortality due to the Chinese Flu need to embrace God Buddha Mohammad or someone

Their lack of religious belief being adjusted may be of use to them

Thankfully stupid isn’t as transmittable as Covid or we’d be in some trouble. Self isolation coming up.

If you’d prefer to be burying 563 people today like in the UK, 837 in Italy, 900 in the USA then I’m not sure what I can do for you. What happened to loving one another, treating others as you wish to be treated, or do you just turn up to the holy gates and expect to get in?

There’s the trajectory of Europe, UK, USA or there’s the trajectory of Singapore and Japan and other countries that have prepared their health systems post SARS. Isolation and lockdowns are the way to manage this at this point in time.

Skirt Boy's totally unproven, unscientific proposal to stop Covid-19

1. Full and utterly complete shutdown for 3 weeks.
    2. After 3 weeks gradual reopening of business
    3. Mandatory weekly testing. Positive tests result in a mandatory two week quarintine
    4. A $750 weekly payment through medicare for everyone irrespective of income, current benifits
    5. Rent and mortgage holiday for 6 months
    6. Compensation payment of $25,000 in recognition that the government ****ed up big time
    7. All current government executives to be hanged and displayed on pikes on Sydney Harbour Bridge
    8. All international travellers whether Australian or foriegn held in quarintine until a negative test result

Another problem is the incubation time.
    A person on the cruise ship tested negative when tested. Developed symptoms days later and tested positive after self isolating

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Skirt Boy's totally unproven, unscientific proposal to stop Covid-19

1. Full and utterly complete shutdown for 3 weeks.
    2. After 3 weeks gradual reopening of business
    3. Mandatory weekly testing. Positive tests result in a mandatory two week quarintine
    4. A $750 weekly payment through medicare for everyone irrespective of income, current benifits
    5. Rent and mortgage holiday for 6 months
    6. Compensation payment of $25,000 in recognition that the government ****ed up big time
    7. All current government executives to be hanged and displayed on pikes on Sydney Harbour Bridge
    8. All international travellers whether Australian or foriegn held in quarintine until a negative test result
    Free money given to the people

That was a nailed on certainty that you would expect a hand out

Though Skirt boy I don't think you will make it far in Leftist politics as your peers would have asked for more than you have here

As for the Government ****ing things up their **** ups are after they started to act
    Things were going fine until they actually got involved. Since they put there noses in it been an unmitigated disaster

3 weeks into it and we only now past the point of testing 1% of the total population
    Incompetent ****s can't even organise adequate testing supplies

As for your mandatory testing how authoritarian that you insist the public be forcibly examined on a weekly basis for a condition that is taking out 70 year olds and up with existing conditions. Seems like an over reaction on your part there to harass the entire nation

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    The crux of his point is the 2m distancing. And you can't trust people to follow this very simple rule, hence why they shut everything down.

We made changes at work where there could only be 8 people in the lunchroom at any time. Great, nice and simple to follow. But the idiots count to 8 and then sit side by side at the tables anyway. Defeating the entire purpose. They even moved tables closer together just to prove how stupid they really are.

Give the beaches and parks a month or two off. The wildlife could use the holiday anyways after the summer we had.

Of course I am being oppressed

I am not allowed out of the country
    I am not allowed to go the gym
    I am not allowed to go the cinema

I happy to go out and take my chances with the Chinese Flu

I am being oppressed by weak willed politicians and snowflakes who are afraid of catching a cold and their own mortality

I ain't afraid of death as I believe in God

Maybe the snowflakes worried about their mortality due to the Chinese Flu need to embrace God Buddha Mohammad or someone

Their lack of religious belief being adjusted may be of use to them
    If your decision only affected you then there would be no problem.
    It's the same logic we apply to vaccines. Oh, mass vaccination is probably oppressive and a blight on civil liberties too.

The fact you can't look over to your holy land of guns and see what happened when they applied your philosophy and realise it's not the best course of action is quite funny. The evidence is right before you. There are literally example countries you can use to see what we would look like in a couple of weeks if we follow in their footsteps.

All the anti-vaxxers have hopefully gone real quiet of late. What's happening right now is a world without 1 single vaccine, imagine if we didn't have vaccines for all the other diseases as well.

All the anti-vaxxers have hopefully gone real quiet of late. What's happening right now is a world without 1 single vaccine, imagine if we didn't have vaccines for all the other diseases as well.
    OK

The crux of his point is the 2m distancing. And you can't trust people to follow this very simple rule, hence why they shut everything down.
    Agreed. You only have to see that video of Merewether Beach last weekend. No one was technically breaking rules, they were distanced (or family members together) and in small packs. But the sum of the parts meant the beach was packed. Society has proven several times during this pandemic that we are collectively fools - seeing the toilet paper shelves at shops is the easiest example of this. Blanket rules and lockdowns are the only way to stop the general idiocy from, you guessed it, being idiots. Common sense isn't very common.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If your decision only affected you then there would be no problem.
    It's the same logic we apply to vaccines. Oh, mass vaccination is probably oppressive and a blight on civil liberties too.

The fact you can't look over to your holy land of guns and see what happened when they applied your philosophy and realise it's not the best course of action is quite funny. The evidence is right before you. There are literally example countries you can use to see what we would look like in a couple of weeks if we follow in their footsteps.
    I don't though believe that this isn't being exploited by the US right now

They been itching for a fight with China for a while now

All the propoganda coming out right now anti China is just rallying people around support of the USA going head down at taking hard ball approach to China with policy that the people might generally query

Governments around the world are exploiting the shit out of this situation right now

The key is to look at who comes up on top out of this when it over and done with

USA are the no 1 manipulators and are just reasserting their position as top dog

Banned

We made changes at work where there could only be 8 people in the lunchroom at any time. Great, nice and simple to follow. But the idiots count to 8 and then sit side by side at the tables anyway. Defeating the entire purpose. They even moved tables closer together just to prove how stupid they really are.

Give the beaches and parks a month or two off. The wildlife could use the holiday anyways after the summer we had.

The hypocrisy of those panicking about this though is laughable

Guys who have went in raw on a female they barely know without batting an eyelid and the amount of women.who are easily convinced to **** without any protection amazing how they are happy to take that risk but are petrified of being somewhere near someone who MAY have the flu

The hypocrisy of the risk taking people have taken in their lives and then they are panicking about something taking out a small percentage of the population is mind blowing