Page 116 of 242 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I think you will find a lot of your moderate Christians are in the pro-SSM camp anyway. Its only your hardcore frothers led by Lyle Shelton and Corey Bernardi that see it as an affront to their narrow view of the world.

And at the end of the day - why should it make a difference what the religious folk think of it?
    Honestly, I know bugger all Christians who are pro-SSM. They are so few & far between. I feel like you're way off the mark here.

Absolutely agree with the last bit though.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    The only arguments against it that I see are right wing bigoted propaganda.
    So you're calling Rudd, Gillard and Wong 'right wing bigots'?

Legit question. They voted the same way as Abbott and Bernardi, but people seem reluctant to label them the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Honestly, I know bugger all Christians who are pro-SSM. They are so few & far between. I feel like you're way off the mark here.

Absolutely agree with the last bit though.
    I swear I've seen polling research that suggests a majority of everyday God believing peeps are cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Legit question. They voted the same way as Abbott and Bernardi, but people seem reluctant to label them the same.
    Rudd, Gillard, and Wong are most definitely right wing as far as economics and political ideology is concerned.

On top of that they are each fundamentalists who's actions and beliefs are dictated by ideology rather than careful consideration of facts.

We can throw Nick Xenophon and the Greens in with that lot as well - in fact all politicians will comfortably fit under that banner.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 31-08-2016 at 10:43 AM.

I swear I've seen polling research that suggests a majority of everyday God believing peeps are cool with it.
    They are also cool with building structures so they can talk to imaginary friends on mass every Sunday - so you could hardly take their responses to any questionnaire seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Rudd, Gillard, and Wong are most definitely right wing as far as economics and political ideology is concerned.

On top of that they are each fundamentalists who's actions and beliefs are dictated by ideology rather than careful consideration of facts.

We can throw Nick Xenophon and the Greens in with that lot as well - in fact all politicians will comfortably fit under that banner.
    Yeah that's my point.

The term 'right wing' (in my opinion) is fairly lazy to label the type of people who are against this.

They are also cool with building structures so they can talk to imaginary friends on mass every Sunday - so you could hardly take their responses to any questionnaire seriously.
    I mean, yeah, that's the only point anyone really needs to make isn't it.

hey dunst - can you name your top 5 'strayan treasurers in the last 50 years? would be interested to see

no.
    I used the term to demonstrate how the good member's labelling all arguments for the change as "atheist leftist propaganda" is off the mark too.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 31-08-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    hey dunst - can you name your top 5 'strayan treasurers in the last 50 years? would be interested to see
    That's like asking Boz to name his top five Gypos.

It's a token position Dr Q. All they need to do is keep the level of spending in the economy compatible to the level required to generate full employment.

Unfortunately, every treasurer over the past 50 years has either been clueless like Hockey and McMahon or ideologically biased like Keating, Costello, Cormann, Morrison... and everyone else.

atheist leftist scientist here. so smarter than your average xtian etc

let them marry. if they want. no ****s given. easy. they're ppl too. no reason not to let them.

religious marriage is only a recent event anyway, compared to christianity. was legal in straya until johnny battler changed the rules w/out the help of strayan public.
    we will loose

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    That's like asking Boz to name his top five Gypos.
    Laurie McKinna
    that chick who used to let me touch her boobs
    the railway employee who sent my bag to me after I got so drunk I left it on the platform at Gosford station
    pv4
    Paul Okon

see, not that hard

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Hi Snake

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post

let them marry. if they want. no ****s given. easy. they're ppl too. no reason not to let them.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Doesn't God kill everyone multiple times in your book? Like the story of Noah for eg.
    what about that time god sent those bears to maul those kids who mocked that bald **** for being bald. seems fair.
    we will loose

h
    Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Hi Snake
    hej man
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Laurie McKinna
    the railway employee who sent my bag to me after I got so drunk I left it on the platform at Gosford station
    pv4
    Paul Okon

see, not that hard
    no <3 for pieface? :'(
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Laurie McKinna
    pv4
    Paul Okon

see, not that hard
    Ok.

Harold Holt
    Leslie Bury
    Billy Snedden
    Gough Whitlam
    Frank Crean

For no reason other than they were the last treasurers of the past 50 years that held the positon when full employment was still regarded as a policy objective.

Man I thought the question was Dunsters top 5 'treasures' and I just expected 5 pics of Delvene Delaney.

So anywell, Dunster can you pls name your top 5 Aussie Treasures.

Cheers,
    Plague.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    no.
    I used the term to demonstrate how the good member's labelling all arguments for the change as "atheist leftist propaganda" is off the mark too.
    Two wrongs don't make a right Mr Fish.

Besides, even Captain Obvious seems tired of pointing out the good Members silliness, I just assumed we were all like that now.