Page 220 of 242 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

I did like the theory that if you believe in human-contributed climate change and actively work to delay or prevent this, but in the end your belief was wrong, the worst thing you're doing is altering lifestyles that can again be changed and theoretically making the world a better place in the process, but for no real reason. If you don't believe and keep going as current, and you are wrong - you've actively helped kill the world. It's like when you bet against the Jerks, if they lose as predicted at least you have a form of win, but if they win you lose your money but they've won so you're happy. Working on the human-contributed climate change theory/belief is the lowest risk, highest gain path to take here - I haven't seen much to convince otherwise.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    People should start resorting to facts, and actually fact check them first as well.
    Who needs facts if you have faith???

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I did like the theory that if you believe in human-contributed climate change and actively work to delay or prevent this, but in the end your belief was wrong, the worst thing you're doing is altering lifestyles that can again be changed and theoretically making the world a better place in the process, but for no real reason. If you don't believe and keep going as current, and you are wrong - you've actively helped kill the world. It's like when you bet against the Jerks, if they lose as predicted at least you have a form of win, but if they win you lose your money but they've won so you're happy. Working on the human-contributed climate change theory/belief is the lowest risk, highest gain path to take here - I haven't seen much to convince otherwise.
    Absolutely this...
    Except for when you put $100 on Perth to win... and we scrape out a draw..

They'd still beat the Jets.

Banned
    The old appeal to emotion ploy

Have you ever asked why these fraudsters offer these things up plus Greta and other irrelevant shit yet can't offer any concrete evidence ??

If it did exist it should be easy to provide some actual proof you know

Bingo.

If climate change is a lie. It's just one big ****ing win anyway.

Afghanistan have the lowest Carbon emissions per capita in the world. Are you sure that's what you want ?

or would you perhaps settle for a 15th of our current emissions per capita and be like Zimbabwe ?

EDIT: I should note that if you measure Carbon emissions as a function of GDP Afghanistan and Zimbabwe fails miserably in comparison to developed nations.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-01-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Afghanistan have the lowest Carbon emissions per capita in the world. Are you sure that's what you want ?

or would you perhaps settle for a 15th of our current emissions per capita and be like Zimbabwe ?

EDIT: I should note that if you measure Carbon emissions as a function of GDP Afghanistan and Zimbabwe fails miserably in comparison to developed nations.
    That’s a terrible analogy. Reducing carbon emissions does not automatically correlate to reducing GDP, quality of life, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    That’s a terrible analogy. Reducing carbon emissions does not automatically correlate to reducing GDP, quality of life, etc.
    Did you read the 3rd line of my post as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

If it did exist it should be easy to provide some actual proof you know
    It speaks volumes you of all people have written this
    OK

I've been reviewing my posts here over the past 5 years or so. I definitely have some anger issues.
    I don't mean to come across as a dickhead - but geez some of my posts are downright horrible.

Yes I'm a bit older but I clearly remember being in school in 1974 and being taught about climate change in social studies. We were reading and hearing about the onset of the next Ice Age and Halleys Comet smashing into Earth.

I do believe climate change is real but I also believe it is cyclical and mainly natural. I have just heard too many conflicting stories on the end of the world over the years to have any belief what we are fed by the media.

That is my opinion.

"Know For Yourself"

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    so the fact we can without doubt tell that the carbon in the atmosphere comes from the burning of the fossil fuels we're digging up still doesn't change that? if you disagree then you explain it, please

why is it that older folks can't seem to appreciate this?

I'm mid 40s, so I am old enough to say I'm old

in my lifetime, 75% of anthropogenic carbon has been released

if we're talking old man anecdotes, I can't remember a single day over 40 degrees from my childhood, yet we seem to get about three to five a summer now

old man opinions are one thing, but you have to realise where they're influences come from - if it's from education and actual experts and study and understanding of science - but if it's from the a political bent then it needs interrogation

I've been reviewing my posts here over the past 5 years or so. I definitely have some anger issues.
    I don't mean to come across as a dickhead - but geez some of my posts are downright horrible.
    It's very hard to convey a strong point via text and not come across as angry. Re-reading your own posts is a great way to learn this and use it when reading anyone else's posts (Not aimed at you directly Dunster, good for everyone to do IMO.). I do it and feel bad about the way things sound after i've read them a few days or weeks later even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    It's very hard to convey a strong point via text and not come across as angry. Re-reading your own posts is a great way to learn this and use it when reading anyone else's posts (Not aimed at you directly Dunster, good for everyone to do IMO.). I do it and feel bad about the way things sound after i've read them a few days or weeks later even.
    Should try my method and not give a ****

It a hell of a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Should try my method and not give a ****

It a hell of a lot easier
    You give plenty of ****s, hence why you continue to argue your point until the end, every time...

Don't act like the majority of us on here don't know your little game member. You love talking a big game, but you love the shit out of us and care what we think. You just don't want to admit it.

I mean, don't tell me that you don't have mad respect for Jeterpool and his stats. We live for that man to come in and drop his knowledge on us. And that's just one example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    You give plenty of ****s, hence why you continue to argue your point until the end, every time...

Don't act like the majority of us on here don't know your little game member. You love talking a big game, but you love the shit out of us and care what we think. You just don't want to admit it.

I mean, don't tell me that you don't have mad respect for Jeterpool and his stats. We live for that man to come in and drop his knowledge on us. And that's just one example.
    Don't think I miss you that much

Speaking of missing someone where is Plague

Anyone seen him in 2020??

He probs still o/seas in China contracting Corolla Flu and ironing out a few more details in regards to his offer to Marty to acquire a 20% stake in the Jets.

Plague hasn't posted here in over a month. I'm starting to get concerned. I hope he's ok.

Banned
    Plague hasn't posted here in over a month. I'm starting to get concerned. I hope he's ok.
    Maybe he got Corona virus